• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

GeekyDad

Well, after 220+ hours, just in this playthrough alone, doing Law and Chaos, plus countless worlding back and forth (plus countless other playthroughs over the years since it came out on PSP), fuck Cressida! Not gonna fuck with her anymore right now. Putting Tactics Ogre back on the shelf for the time being and returning to, after quite a number of years now...

V1ZF2jI.jpg

Gonna start anew. Archer perhaps.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I'm on Chapter 10 of the new Plague Tale. Chapter 9 almost made me quit the game as it was so fucking boring. Beyond the visuals, I'm not really impressed.
You made it quite far as it is. Dropped it in the first chapter because the characters refused to SHUT UUUPPPPP!!!!

@topic: God of War Ragnarök.... Entertained but not blow away. Feels way to similar to the frist. If you haven't played the first one you could play the first, then jump right into the 2nd one and prolly wouldn't even know it's a new game. Since the last God of War is great game this is good and all, however pretty underwhelming. If you make a sequel it should be either more epic or quite different to the previous entry. Ragnarök is neither.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The Chronicon. Yeah, I’m hooked when this is all I’m reaching for on my main PC. Don’t let the super simple graphics fool you - this is a fantastic ARPG.

Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning: Playing this on Steam Deck.

Amory

Trying to platinum GTA San Andreas from the definitive collection. I previously platinumed 3 and Vice City, each took some time but were ultimately enjoyable challenges. San Andreas is a real bitch though. Game is so bloated. Currently working my way through taking over the 57(!) gang territories.

I'm also playing Bugsnax which is a great palate cleanser. Just a colorful, chill experience with great music and characters.

xrnzaaas

I started playing The Quarry and I kinda hate it - some of the dialogues and choices feel like complete fillers created just to extend the game, I don't care about any of the characters and I actually wish some of them will die soon, there aren't many good looking locations, the facial expressions look awful in some scenes and in many areas the game is way too dark (I'm playing without HDR unfortunately). I really liked Until Dawn, but Quarry is nowhere near that level of quality and writing.

Last edited:
FIFA 23 doing the World Cup tournaments. Played as Germany and got kicked out in the last 16 by Croatia. Scores were:

vs Japan 2-1 (all penalties!)
vs Spain 2-0
vs Costa Rica 3-1
vs Croatia was defeated 4-1 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Also still trying to play through FFVII. Last night I skipped Fort Condor, tried to find Yuffie (no luck), and went to the little town. Fought the big flying fish boss thing. Got punted by a dolphin, marched about, and now I'm on the boat and everyone is dressed as a soldier.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Started Somerville last night for about an hour. Has some neat art style moments, but honestly it's not doing it for me yet. Very slow start where it's kind of hard to tell what you can even interact with so I was just stuck in a room for too long. It's not difficult, just kind of awkward ....

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I suspect I might be the ONLY one on here currently playing this... but...

Honestly Gun Game is some of the most chaotic fun I have ever had in a FFA deathwatch, mixed in more objective based modes like Sneak vs Merc's and "The Shidden" I'm laughing my ass off with how fun round to round can be.

Its a free mod but requires Half-Life Episode 2.

I used to play the original mod when it was called "Half-Life 2 Jaykin Bacon: Source" almost 2 decades ago, this is essentially that on steriods and more... official as its not literally having you play as solid snake and having literally lines ripped from MGS audio in Snake vs Mercs.

Last edited:

Duchess

Resident Evil 8.

Wow, that first "Survive the attack" section was absolute dog shit! Took me so many attempts (playing on Normal), and then I accidentally skipped the cutscene because I thought I'd been killed yet again when the scripted grab happened; I opened the menu to select "Restart", and only saw it said "Skip" as I pressed the button. Hope the game improves from here on out, as that wasn't a very positive introduction for me.

Last edited:
Resident Evil 8.

Wow, that first "Survive the attack" section was absolute dog shit! Took me so many attempts (playing on Normal), and then I accidentally skipped the cutscene because I thought I'd been killed yet again when the scripted grab happened; I opened the menu to select "Restart", and only saw it said "Skip" as I pressed the button. Hope the game improves from here on out, as that wasn't a very positive introduction for me.
If you turned it on an easier difficulty, I wouldn't tell anyone. Promise.

But, that first part did seem strangely difficult start. I think they're trying to get your attention and to be afraid of the new monsters.

Last edited:

drganon

I started playing The Quarry and I kinda hate it - some of the dialogues and choices feel like complete fillers created just to extend the game, I don't care about any of the characters and I actually wish some of them will die soon, there aren't many good looking locations, the facial expressions look awful in some scenes and in many areas the game is way too dark (I'm playing without HDR unfortunately). I really liked Until Dawn, but Quarry is nowhere near that level of quality and writing.
I was a little more positive about the quarry, but I agree with you that until dawn was better.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I beat Arkham Knight, while I can’t get on with the combat like I used to, I think this game, despite being 7 years old and with no Pro/PS5 patch, still holds up very well. Truth be told you do not see games with this level of production value, quality, variety, and attention to detail much anymore. See what a shitshow Gotham Knights is.

I loaded up Demons Souls, we’ll see how it goes.

Resident Evil 8.

Yea, it throws you in this situation where you know basically nothing about the game or the combat. But the rest of the game isn’t like that.

Last edited:
I'm having a lot of fun playing Hollow Knight right now. As somebody who loves the Souls series, it definitely gives me a lot of the same type of vibes. Just drops you in to the world and you have to explore, kill enemies and defeat bosses. Plus losing your collected souls when you die and the resting at benches. Feels so familiar and I'm adoring it. Visuals are pretty, and it's a lot more difficult than I expected it to be in all honesty. Boss fights are really fun and satisfying to beat. It can get confusing at times figuring out where you are supposed to go, but that's part of the fun. Very enjoyable game.

Also been playing Elden Ring on the side. Still got a lot of things left to do, that world is massive. I'd like to do another playthrough at some point as well with a totally different build. I always like to go out of my comfort zone, so I'll do a magic build or something to mix things up.

I'm having a lot of fun playing Hollow Knight right now. As somebody who loves the Souls series, it definitely gives me a lot of the same type of vibes. Just drops you in to the world and you have to explore, kill enemies and defeat bosses. Plus losing your collected souls when you die and the resting at benches. Feels so familiar and I'm adoring it. Visuals are pretty, and it's a lot more difficult than I expected it to be in all honesty. Boss fights are really fun and satisfying to beat. It can get confusing at times figuring out where you are supposed to go, but that's part of the fun. Very enjoyable game.

Also been playing Elden Ring on the side. Still got a lot of things left to do, that world is massive. I'd like to do another playthrough at some point as well with a totally different build. I always like to go out of my comfort zone, so I'll do a magic build or something to mix things up.
Two of the best games of the last decade.

reksveks

Finally completed P5R, got 985/1000 and a couple challenge bosses to do but now switching to either Sommerville or Pentiment. I may leave Sommerville til the weekend.

Midn1ght

Finished Lost Legacy on PC and I really enjoyed it (Maybe more than 4). Nadine and Chloe is a great duo.
I was also happy to see Sam making a come back (which eventually can lead to more Uncharted with them 3).
Gonna go for 100% achievements in this one so I'll keep playing the collection for a few more days.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Also still trying to play through FFVII. Last night I skipped Fort Condor, tried to find Yuffie (no luck), and went to the little town. Fought the big flying fish boss thing. Got punted by a dolphin, marched about, and now I'm on the boat and everyone is dressed as a soldier.
You're gonna arrive at my favorite location of the game. Enjoy your playthrough, I wish I could play it again for the first time.

Last edited:

stn

Nothing but God of War (2018) as of late. I slept on it when it released and then purchased it recently along with Ragnarok. Game is amazing, I prefer the characters and story over the old school GOW games. Had I played this when it released, it would have been my GOTY for that year.

Finished Ragnarok (thank god, that game pace is a pain and that kid too), and Sonic Frontiers!

Sonic is just a joy to play, pure videogame in essence, fun allowed, a lot of stuff to do, tons of content, classic stages etc.....Yeah, it has pop up, so ? Don't affect the gameplay in nothing.

Another Sonic masterpiece underrated by the "PrOfeSsIoNaLs Reviewers" $$$, lol nvm.

If you like Sonic, its a must buy, can't stop playing! :)

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
One thing that really bugs me in GoW Ragnarok is that you are unlocking the same skills and runes that you had in the first game. Where the hell did all of Kratos powers go? Did he flush them down the toilet when he took a shit? Bring on some new weapons and skills ffs!

Last edited:
One thing that really bugs me in GoW Ragnarok is that you are unlocking the same skills and runes that you had in the first game. Where the hell did all of Kratos powers go? Did he flush them down the toilet when he took a shit? Bring on some new weapons and skills ffs!
Thanks. I'm imagining Kratos' protein shits now and I want to die.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I've been playing lots of Ragnarok now and man, I'm torn on this game. It can be so fucking awesome sometimes, gripping story, brutal combat and fun exploration, just like the first one, but at the same time it feels repetitive and boring. It doesn't distinguish itself from the original as much I'd hope, sometimes it feels like damn near the same game. I've been playing for like 20 hours and no new weapons or cool abilities at all, except the ones that your npcs are getting. The game is also plagued by too many shit puzzles, with moving cranes and throwing your axe around. A toddler could solve those (unless your partner does it for you).

fart town usa

Gold Member
Still on a Castlevania kick. Roughly 125% complete in SOTN.

Probably gonna move to the Advance Collection next which is exciting but also kind of a drag cause I have a 50% save in Harmony of Dissonance on the Wii U but I'll probably start over just to see what the game looks like on PS5 and to get trophies.

RAIDEN1

I don't know about anyone else here, but there's a sales going on, on the Xbox games store as it were, and Beyond Good and Evil was at a REALLY low price....never played it before but at that price it was a no-brainer to get!

fart town usa

Gold Member
I don't know about anyone else here, but there's a sales going on, on the Xbox games store as it were, and Beyond Good and Evil was at a REALLY low price....never played it before but at that price it was a no-brainer to get!
I did the same with that Star Wars game, Fallen Order? I had mild interest and it's $6 on PSN right now, figured why not. Nice to have in the backlog.

RAIDEN1

I did the same with that Star Wars game, Fallen Order? I had mild interest and it's $6 on PSN right now, figured why not. Nice to have in the backlog.
Never been a fan of Fallen Order, I brought Star Wars Unleashed quite a while ago, I prefer to go through that when I can...(part of the back-log, as well as Star Wars Squadrons)

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
There's a new weapon and many new moves, different shield abilities, etc

We call this video games. Why do you think Samus loses all her abilities each game? Because the game wouldn't be as good otherwise.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
There's a new weapon and many new moves, different shield abilities, etc

90% so far has been the same shit regarding skills and weapons for Kratos. A couple of new shields doesn't change the fact that Santa Monica is recycling a lot of things from the first game. Would be nice with some variety for a change. Even the runes I found for both the Axe and Blades of Chaos were the exact same as before. At least you could change up those.

We call this video games
Duh 🙄

Ragnarok- but its depressing to play because they keep telling me the answer to EVERY puzzle, immediately upon the start of each puzzle. This is really ruining whats otherwise an amazing game.

I can’t believe they thought they needed to do this. The first game did it too but they gave u a chance to solve it first: I hope Santa Monica is aware of this because its so bad. Is this a part of “accessibility” to them? Making sure every retard can solve the puzzles before they can get frusrated and stop playing?

I can’t think of anything else, cant enjoy the awesome environmemts either because im always thinking about them ruining the next puzzle.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

I immediately changed directions. Thought I was in the mood for MH3U, and it really is a sweet game to go back to, but eh, just wasn't feelin' it. So, dived back into a new file of SMTIV.

relaxed pillow GIF

It's good to be back home...

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Played about 20 hours now of Ragnarok and this game is massive. It's been lots of ups and downs, mostly ups, and I'm very excited to continue the journey tomorrow. But it's not without its faults and so far I think the universal acclaim it has gotten is not merited. But I've yet to see the big picture. The tune can change fast. The story is very riveting at least with lots of surprises I wasn't expecting. Thor and Odin has definitely stolen the show so far in the scenes they've been in. And Kratos of course. He's such a damn good and well written character in this reboot.

badblue

5 hours into Warhammer 40k: Darktide at the moment.

Game needs optimization but I'm still managing to keep a fairly solid 60 fps on my system (7700k, 1080, 16gb ram) with low graphics settings.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Took a break from Ragnarok and started Blair Witch. Was in the mood for some horror. This game is pretty damn scary. Very atmospheric and moody. The big forest is freaking me out. Pretty solid story too that manages to both surprise and tie itself into the lore of Blair Witch.

SJRB

Gold Member
Zero Sievert

Terrible name for a game but it's basically a 2D isometric Tarkov meets STALKER.

Hardcore, resource collection, looting, weapons customization, quests, radioactive wastelands, quick deaths. It's pretty neat and only 17 bucks on Steam.

Graphics are ehhh but the gameplay is okay. More forgiving than Tarkov as well, you don't lose your gear when you die.

Top Bottom