• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What tier PC do you have? Low, Mid, or High end.

See Topic

• Low end

Votes: 68 23.6%
  • Mid end

Votes: 88 30.6%
  • High end

Votes: 132 45.8%

• Total voters

OverHeat

« generous god »
This topic is inspired by the steam hardware topic and I wanted to see on a gaming forum what is the ratio for real gamers. Only for PC that are used for gaming btw

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

32GB RAM

Genuinely curious as I've only recently gotten back into PC gaming. This system is really the highest I would spend, I'll probably stick to xx60ti going forward. Only went for such a high CPU for PS3 emulation.

Fuz

Banned
It's a PC I built for The Witcher 3, but I fried its 1070 and replaced with a 1060 3gb in the wait for Cyberpunk, but then the insane GPU price hike happened, and CP2077 ended up being a letdown, plus I'm very comfortable with it and all the tweaks and modifications I did to the OS and browsers, so I don't really care anymore about upgrading.

Last edited:

Denton

5800X3D
3080 Ti
16GB

I consider this high end, since it lets me play everything at 60fps incl. raytracing.

It's a PC I built for The Witcher 3, but I fried its 1070 and replaced with a 1060 3gb in the wait for Cyberpunk, but then the insane GPU price hike happened, and CP2077 ended up being a letdown, plus I'm very comfortable with it and all the tweaks and modifications I did, so I don't really care anymore about upgrading.
Almost identical to my story, except I bought one second hand, decent for the time, but with a low-ish GPU. "No issue, I'll just get a new one, ~£250 or so, easy!" And also, waiting for Cyberpunk. Still yet to play it as I'd like to at least not be running in 720p.

yeah... still waiting on prices returning to normal, or affordable.

• Strength
Reactions: Fuz

GHG

The two systems I have up and running in my home at the monent:

Desktop:

FAWdGNZ.png

Laptop:

2VhCY12.png

And a steam deck.

Embarrassingly I'm also still sat on an unopened 4080 due to my indecisiveness when it's come to which cpu to pair it with. But once that's sorted it will replace the laptop since I want to do an i/matx build for it.

Fuz

Banned
Almost identical to my story, except I bought one second hand, decent for the time, but with a low-ish GPU. "No issue, I'll just get a new one, ~£250 or so, easy!" And also, waiting for Cyberpunk. Still yet to play it as I'd like to at least not be running in 720p.

yeah... still waiting on prices returning to normal, or affordable.
Brofist!
It's not even a matter of money, to be honest. I sometimes caress the idea of building a rig *just* to play games, so I won't have to go through a 8 year hurdle to personalize all my stuff, but then I remember I can't live without constantly alt tabbing...

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
12400 - power unlocked
3080 10GB
32 GB RAM DDR5

Low tier CPU mixed with a high end GPU.

I originally had an RTX 3070 then crypto boomed and some git swap my FHR for an LHR.
Ironically LHR unlocker showed up not too long after.

In case you are wondering the 12400 was always supposed to be a stop gap till RaptorLake......its just performed so well im waiting for RaptorLake-R to actually replace it.

Holammer

I'll mark myself as mid. Just got myself a spiffy new i5 13600K & 32GB, but I'm still rocking my ye olde 1080.
GPU limited to the point of comedy, but I'll get a new one later.

Mithos

R7 3800x
16GB DDR4
RTX 2060 Super

Low or Mid end performance wise, maybe mid-High cost wise.

Last edited:
Which one?

2 desktops, 2 laptops, steam deck and just ordered the aokzoe a1 pro :messenger_sunglasses:

4090 / 7800x3d
3080 / 5800x
6800M / 5980x (laptop)
gtx 1080 (non mobile version) / i7 7700HQ (older laptop)

Do I get my master race card on the mail or will it be hand delivered?

129214.png

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
3090 pretty mid tier if i say so
since the 4090 card is out it's basically garbo tier in 2023 i don't even have dlss 3.0 support

Last edited:
Top Bottom