• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would be a megaton game announcement that would make your holiday even better?

GermanZepp

Druckmann never making a game again. Guerrilla making Decima available like Unreal (so finally that engine could be in a good game).
God of War 1,2 and 3 remake in a ps5 exclusive game with fix camera without the daddy issues of Barlog.
Bloodborne remake from bluepoint and Bloodborne 2 from From.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Spyro 4, Banjo KT Remaster, Banjo Threeie, Nintendo vs Capcom, Elden Ring DLC, a good looking Star Fox, a new Wario Land, Smash Ultimate getting more DLC, etc.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
GTA 6
New Naughty Dog Single Player game
Bioshock 4: Return to Rapture

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
  • GTA 6 gameplay footage, or
  • Santa Monica's new IP gameplay,
  • or Naughty Dog's new IP gameplay
  • New Astrobot game (just to see the direction they take)
I wasn't banking on any of these this year, but I think we may get the 1st one (or, at least, the in-engine footage).

Knot3D

- Sony reviving The Getaway franchise
- Ubisoft actually showing Splinter Cell Remake ( it had better be excellent )
- Ubisoft doing a Splinter Cell legacy collection RIGHT (what Konami screwed up with the MGS Master Collection) - Ergo, SC Double Agent V2 on Steam with proper Xinput support.
- Unrecord release date & system requirement list

Last edited:

cireza

DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball 4 for Switch 2 with PS5 graphics and playable Rosalina and Samus
Already did something pretty close to this with DALL-E

OIG.WVJvBLudCpllMI20eckq

yurinka

These announcements:
  • Sony announcing the acquisition of Capcom
  • New Wipeout by Firesprite (+Sega?)
  • Uncharted 5 with Nate and/or young Sully as main protagonist (without woke focus)
  • Cory's Sony Santa Monica new IP (without woke focus)
  • Final Fight 4
  • Bloodborne 2 by FromSoft
  • New Motorstorm by Firesprite
  • Team Asobi's next game (being Gravity Rush 3 or a bigger Astro)
  • Out Run 3
  • New Ridge Racer going back to the classic style
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2
  • Monster Hunter World 2 (next gen only to push high end visuals, no Switch/mobile support)
  • Sony/Hermen/Bungie statement saying that none of their MP GaaS will be PVP only, but instead they all will also feature a meaty single player narrative campaign
  • Wipeout anime made by the Cowboy Bebop team
But I think that the only thing that will happen in the next few months will be the announcement of Monster Hunter World 2/Monster Hunter 6.

Last edited:
Probably Monster Hunter World 2 because I already have Dragon's Dogma 2 announced and saw more than enough gameplay of it to know Capcom made another banger, only thing that can ruin that game is monetization.

Eimran

Dragon Quest VIII remake for PS5
Bully 2
A complete MGS collection fully developed by Kojima
A PS Plus classic update that isn't complete dogshit

POKEYCLYDE

FF9 remake, Megaman Legends 1 + 2 remaster and/or Megaman Legends 3, Digimon World Trilogy remaster. Suikoden 3 remaster.

Hmmm... I just want to relive my childhood favourites in HD.

Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines remaster
I'd also take an addon with the original engine alternatively, ideally with the original creative team if they are somewhere to be assembled.
Vanquish 2
insert Denzel My Man
Wipeout Reboot.
I would hope without stupid rubber banding and finally weapons that add fun and can be used in a better way when leading. Mario Kart figured it out ages ago.

- Metroid Prime inspired Dead Space (or Bioshock) like game

- good cop GTA with Max Payne like tragic atmosphere and story telling (I'll accept Batman)

- an AC game inspired by Hitman Blood Money (or the new ones?)

Kindjal

Phantasy Star V
Shining Force III Remastered
Shining Force IV
A new Phantasy Star Online, but like episodes 1, 2 and/or Blue Burst, not like PSO2.
Skies of Arcadia 2
Outrun 3
Virtua Tennis 5
Metroid Prime 2 and 3, and of course, 4
Power Stone 3
A new Sega Rally, but in the style of SR1 and 2.
Crazy Taxi 4
A sequel to Gunstar Heroes by Treasure
Dynamite Headdy 2
A new Thunder Force by the original team at Technosoft
Driveclub 2
Chrono Trigger Remastered
A new Afterburner with innovations like AB Climax

Top Bottom