• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the deal with moderators on this site lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, looks like DLC.
smirk drinking GIF

I am the DLC now.

GHG

Lol sack & gash was tongue in cheek I don’t like button masher action games period that goes for GOW bayonetta devil may cry etc etc just not for me.

But again I said sack and gash and it’s like “oh I know who YOU ARE a big nasty toxic troll”
😂 no not really just having a bit of a laugh mate relax everybody just needs to chill out.

Whether you like the game or not is not the point here. Not everybody likes every game, we all have games that we like or dislike and it can be discussed. But if everyone were to just be disingenuous trolls with regards to games they dislike then what value is that adding? People who can't help but do what the OP does all the time have tendencies to say "I'm just joking" or "it's just an opinion" in defence, this is nothing new.

For the record, you called yourself a troll, not me. It's just become clear that you think the OP did nothing wrong, that's all, and for that reason it's most likely this is a waste of my time.

nowhat

I see Bayonetta is dancing, the game must dancing simulator.
I mean, at their best Bayonetta games are just that.

in that, when working most fluidly (which Bayo 3 apparently isn't), the flow of the combat is just like dancing

geary

Move forward in what way? If the first game already has its combat and gameplay mechanic set right for what the developers want to achieve then the sequels are just going to be minor changes to combat/gameplay and more content to story, enemies, bosses etc. This is what most of the modern games do. Tell me a recent sequel on the same gen/platform which you feel is true sequel and not a glorified "DLC".
Plague Tale: Requiem.

They expanded almost everything compared with the first. From combat, to level design and ways to approach the enemies.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
With all the suicide threads and bans in here Im starting to fear it will feel like this when browsing one day:

(the last enemy being the mods lol)

nowhat

Yes, because for me is a DLC/Expansion. For others, it may be a full fledge game.
How often does a DLC/expansion last longer than the base game? That is the case here, unlike for example with Blood & Wine (which was terrific in its own right).

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I mean, at their best Bayonetta games are just that.

in that, when working most fluidly (which Bayo 3 apparently isn't), the flow of the combat is just like dancing
I beat the the game the performance issue super exaggerated, the combat is smooth as ever.

CuNi

Is it that time of the year again?
Man, I remember the last account suicides.. damn time really does fly.

nowhat

I beat the the game the performance issue super exaggerated, the combat is smooth as ever.
Be as it may, I've pretty much retired the Switch to my daughter - unless it becomes available on a better platform, I will not play it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
If the remark was about of any other non-sony game, he would not receive anything. I also got a warn saying GOW:R is for GoW, what Blood & Wine was for Witcher 3.
It seems that any remark on GoW:R which is not a praise is considered troll. How can you discuss flaws of a game if you cannot say anything negative of it, in a snarky remark or not.
Thats just not true. Go through my post history. I trash GOW all the time. Never got modded for it.

I have even made some DLC comparisons but only in regards to visuals. It's clear that this game is no DLC. Anyone who has played GOW 2018 knows just how much shit there is left for them to finish in terms of story alone, and we all know this will be the last game in the franchise. If anything, this game wont have that 2nd game in the trilogy stop gap feel. Besides, No game that took 4.5 years of dev time and has a full blown 40 hour campaign with 70 hours of hand crafted content is DLC.

Now if the game comes out and its basically GOW 2018 in the same setting then I will be there criticizing it for it. However, at worst it will be a by the numbers sequel that is still far above what CD Project did with Blood and Wine in a year and a half.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I don't know if this is just me, but it seems like we get more of these threads lately than ever. And at least some of the people nuking their accounts seem like they were decent posters before.

(Not like anyone cares what I think about it, but) My only suggestion would be to maybe open a new ban discussion thread and try to limit the off-topic Meta camping that occurred there in the past. Have it be a more strictly for discussing bans only. At the time when it was first opened, the transparency was really a breath of fresh air. We still have the ban list, which I check regularly and really appreciate as well.

I think that people benefit when they can make their case and feel heard, and the mods benefit when they can explain what they're thinking as well and it builds trust both ways. The line between console warring and friendly banter and just having a genuine critical opinion can be very gray at times and we could do with a little discussion so we can all collectively find that balance together. I'll admit that I don't really understand where that line is all the time either. When these things get discussed publicly, I think people get a chance to demonstrate if they're a good natured person or a total shithead pretty quickly. These are the things that really built morale around here in my opinion, until it got too clique-ish and taken over by celebrity posters.

I think the mods do a good job but are often misunderstood. And I think a lot of posters don't really know the line on console warring and are also misunderstood. Misunderstandings can be fixed!

Plague Tale: Requiem.

They expanded almost everything compared with the first. From combat, to level design and ways to approach the enemies.

Seems like you have your own standard of what a sequel should be compared to what the industry normally has. Improvement in graphics, length of game, some modifications to combat/gameplay, maybe new playable characters, continuation or expansion of story, more enemy, weapon and boss variety etc. are what is expected from a sequel. By your logic Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3 are also DLCs as they only made some change to combat but everything else was just new DLC/expansion content.

This is false. There are countless examples in those threads with no action taken.

Now if one is incapable of not trolling due to brand loyalties- that's on you.
It's funny because your name is Mod of War. I don't know whats going on here but I love the you are in here talking about someone getting a warning about God of War.

geary

Seems like you have your own standard of what a sequel should be compared to what the industry normally has. Improvement in graphics, length of game, some modifications to combat/gameplay, maybe new playable characters, continuation or expansion of story, more enemy, weapon and boss variety etc. are what is expected from a sequel. By your logic Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3 are also DLCs as they only made some change to combat but everything else was just new DLC/expansion content.
As i said earlier, everyone perceive the value of a game differently. For some GoW:R is a DLC/Expansion (as me), for others is a full fledge masterpiece, but that doesn't make my opinion a trolling post or me a deluded person. The amount of "looking down on you" posts in the GoW thread for ppl that dont have hype for the game is astonishing, but those posts are not worthy of a warn, but a snarky comment is.

For some, indie games are better than AAA, that doesn't make them a trolls. This defensive attitude when it comes to games, franchises or platforms is not going to help anyone.

At the end, it is what it is and not going to be changed.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
As i said earlier, everyone perceive the value of a game differently. For some GoW:R is a DLC/Expansion (as me), for others is a full fledge masterpiece, but that doesn't make my opinion a trolling post or me a deluded person

Unless you have played the game then you have no basis for an opinion at all. The same is true for anyone who is claiming it is a "masterpiece". But this "DLC" bullshit is absolutely trolling. It is just console warrior nonsense.

geary

Unless you have played the game then you have no basis for an opinion at all. The same is true for anyone who is claiming it is a "masterpiece". But this "DLC" bullshit is absolutely trolling. It is just console warrior nonsense.
That means no thread should be open for any game till it's released.

Topher

Gold Member
That means no thread should be open for any game till it's released.

No, it means you shouldn't be a troll. What are you expecting here? GoW: R is going to be released and then we all find out it is really just a 6 hour game? All the reports of it being 40+ hours are just bullshit? Dude.....this is so obvious. You are regurgitating console warrior bullshit.

Last edited:

Yoboman

I'm glad Ragnarok is providing meltdowns. There was a real lack of quality meltdowns in the review thread. I guess most of the haters got their meltdowns done in the 2022 vs 2023 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom