• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the deal with moderators on this site lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As i said earlier, everyone perceive the value of a game differently. For some GoW:R is a DLC/Expansion (as me), for others is a full fledge masterpiece, but that doesn't make my opinion a trolling post or me a deluded person. The amount of "looking down on you" posts in the GoW thread for ppl that dont have hype for the game is astonishing, but those posts are not worthy of a warn, but a snarky comment is.

For some, indie games are better than AAA, that doesn't make them a trolls. This defensive attitude when it comes to games, franchises or platforms is not going to help anyone.

At the end, it is what it is and not going to be changed.

I understand and agree that everyone's liking and opinion can be different. But that does not mean that one can start redefining what is already an existing and accepted standard. In that case can some people call movie sequels as delayed post credit long cut-scene released separately because that is what they feel? In similar terms some people may not feel point and click or puzzle games should be considered games etc. Then should they just go into such games discussions and say that it is not a game because they feel so? One can have an opinion on whether a game is good or not or has improved things significantly over its prequel or not based on their liking but one should not claim that a full fledged game is not one but a standalone DLC. I hope you are getting my point.

As i said earlier, everyone perceive the value of a game differently. For some GoW:R is a DLC/Expansion (as me), for others is a full fledge masterpiece, but that doesn't make my opinion a trolling post or me a deluded person. The amount of "looking down on you" posts in the GoW thread for ppl that dont have hype for the game is astonishing, but those posts are not worthy of a warn, but a snarky comment is.

For some, indie games are better than AAA, that doesn't make them a trolls. This defensive attitude when it comes to games, franchises or platforms is not going to help anyone.

If you consider GoW:R a DLC/Expansion, then you ARE trolling and absolutely deluded. End of story.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Your issue is that calling it DLC/expansion makes you look like a troll. It’s a low effort catch phrase like ‘no games’ and ‘walking simulator’.

Rather than say ‘it looks like an expansion/DLC’ explain what it is that makes it different to any other regular sequel in your mind. E.g ‘I’m disappointed with the graphics because x/y/z.’ Or ‘loading corridors are still present and that’s immersion breaking’.

Same for everything on here - low level ‘Xbox has no games’ is a dumb arse comment, but if you actually break down that you’re disappointed in their 2022 because Pentiment isn’t your cup of tea then it’s fine.

Robb

Gold Member
Another one of these threads, huh? Feels like we’ve been getting one of these every week.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Another one of these threads, huh? Feels like we’ve been getting one of these every week.
It was funny for the first time but now......
arnold-schwarzenegger-fake-laugh-3iklwkj2agypyszp.gif

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
If this thread stays up and my BRILLIANT parody thread about wtf is the pocketstation all about gets purged, well...

I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THE MODERATION.

I don't actually, but.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
If God of War is an interactive movie than so are 95 percent of single player games. Deserved ban for a shit take of the highest troll order.

DJ12

The cycle continues, i made a post calling this moderation "sensitive" with some added flair and got a warning and deleted afterwards.
I'll see myself out, hail the mod team, you can do no wrong, no wonder i don't get the urge to post here often anymore.

enough of that GIF
Pfft to lazy to make your own I quit thread.

Fucking amateur

hemo memo

Gold Member
What’s the deal with those threads lately? It is just a warning not a ban. Even though i’m putting away my PS5 currently for the past month and mainly playing on Switch so I wouldn’t buy Ragnorak anytime soon but calling it an interactive movie for anyone who played the first game is ridiculous so no wonder you got warned there.

I mean, there are certain terms which identify you as a troll.
"Gamepass fodder".
"Xbox has no games"
"Interactive movie"
"Walking simulator"

Avoid these outright and you should be good to go.
Also, I don't see the point in going into a thread about the game, only to say you don't like that type of game.
Yes, it happens with Sony guys going into threads about Xbox games and doing the same shit, or they all of a sudden don't like Bethesda games because they are buggy now the Microsoft own them. If it upsets you, report the post and move on.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
What’s the deal with those threads lately? It is just a warning not a ban. Even though i’m putting away my PS5 currently for the past month and mainly playing on Switch so I wouldn’t buy Ragnorak anytime soon but calling it an interactive movie for anyone who played the first game is ridiculous so no wonder you got warned there.
I think some people that values themselves too much think they deserve a swang song and buckets of tears when they decide to leave because of their pettiness instead of leaving on a simple wet fart note...But it works though, some fell for it so why would they stop ?

Crayon

imo they should roll it back to 2008 style where sooooo many people on here would be taking bans left and right for being annoying about their preference.

It was "you know it when you see it" and it was left up to the mods. Any hard rules you try to impose are just going to be seen as a challenge and actually defend fanboys from bans since they are inside the printed rules. That was the best.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I hope you're taking note of how badly I am kicking his and his backup buddy's ass. Just as I predicted the minute my back is turned he switches hats and goes running right back to his Blue Snake pals.
I think you guys need to go to a couples therapy, sincerely, it will strenghten your bond.

Edit: Ah I see that I wrote it correctly, I wondered if it could be interpreted as go do a couple of therapies.

Edit 2: You know what?In fact that would've worked too but that's more suitable for the metagaf thread.

Last edited:
I hope you're taking note of how badly I am kicking his and his backup buddy's ass. Just as I predicted the minute my back is turned he switches hats and goes running right back to his Blue Snake pals.
You use this term in every post you make. You desperately want your fellow Xbox fanboys to run with it.

They won't. Because they are smart enough to realize that snakes literally eat rats for breakfast.

Justin9mm

I mean, there are certain terms which identify you as a troll.
"Gamepass fodder".
"Xbox has no games"
"Interactive movie"
"Walking simulator"

Avoid these outright and you should be good to go.
Also, I don't see the point in going into a thread about the game, only to say you don't like that type of game.
Yes, it happens with Sony guys going into threads about Xbox games and doing the same shit, or they all of a sudden don't like Bethesda games because they are buggy now the Microsoft own them. If it upsets you, report the post and move on.
I disagree with that list, all of those are plausible in the right context.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
GUYS GUYS !!! I think we are derailling this totally serious thread .... But I think we should still transform it in a therapy session for CatLady CatLady and Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping ...There's still hope.
accusing season 7 GIF
I'm not going to any damn therapy, but it would be a great idea for you guys to send Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping to Blue Snake Conversion therapy, probably Gay conversion therapy too while you;re at it.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i understand the salty tears towards GOWR, i mean...GOWR is one of the best game and it may win GOTY, so some people is going to be upset.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Ah OP, you discovered the very real fact that mods are just regular people with their own tribal tendencies and biases.
Nothing wrong with that. Just keep in mind GAF is a bit heavy with Sony fans with thin skin, so you should tread a bit more carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom