• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the deal with moderators on this site lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could have something to do with the moderator that did it named 'Mod of War' with a God of War logo in their title.
Look his comment was a silly one and in fairness Mod of War only gave 3 points. I'm just a little baffled with what is considered unacceptable and what's allowed to slip through the net.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Ragnarok is cleaning the place. Kratos needs an apron.

kratos GIF

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Do we have clear guidelines of what is and isn't acceptable on here? Or is it simply down to the mods discretion? I see plenty troll comments on here that don't get a warning, hell I've written a few myself.

I think it's more consistency here that's needed more than anything else, maybe Mod Of War (or whomever)can look into this and help define the line of what's acceptable?

We can’t see everything. Some stuff will slip through the cracks so we do ask that people use the report function.

It's slang for the ropes used by the diabolic mods on this board to keep us down. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Seriously, when you get infractions they have different weights. Some boards have it set so that if you accumulate too many points in a set amount of time, the system automatically bans you.

The points are there mostly to see how often and consistent a user trolls or instigates. All warnings do eventually expire and those points go with it.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Look his comment was a silly one and in fairness Mod of War only gave 3 points. I'm just a little baffled with what is considered unacceptable and what's allowed to slip through the net.
Ignore the points- I just do 3 by default. We really don't have a points scale, but rather the number of infractions added up in a set period of time. Patterned behavior as well.

As Faust Faust said- we can't see everything. Some posts you can tell are harmless and others you can tell they just want to be a bitter troll, especially when they're followed up with meltdown threads such as this. Invested emotion.

We sometimes make mistakes too and reverse them. I know- hard to believe that we're not infallible.

Dutchy

In all my years of preferring one plastic box over the other, I have never felt the need to make hyperbolic statements about either. Must be some serious underlying anger issues going on.

The mods are here are fair. I got a warning for going in on how Xbox controllers still use AAA batteries.

I took it on the chin, grew up and moved on.

I mean depending on how you went on about it, I'd say that there is nothing wrong with stating that.

We can’t see everything. Some stuff will slip through the cracks so we do ask that people use the report function.

The points are there mostly to see how often and consistent a user trolls or instigates. All warnings do eventually expire and those points go with it.
Absolutely, and I'm sure it's quite a arduous task, thanks for replying.

FrankWza

The fanboyism on this board just keeps getting worse despite constant complaints of harsh moderation. It's one thing to troll or war, but another thing altogether to account suicide because you had your post deleted or edited like we have seen recently. Like how delusional do you have to be to think you wont get modded for that post? I am glad these guys commit an account suicide because that simply shows that they have absolutely no shame/self reflection whatsoever. They dont see themselves as blind fanboys and tbh, given how openly I have seen people fanboy on this forum, I am glad something is being done about it.

I was not a fan of harsh moderation, but my goodness some of the fanboys on this forum are insufferable and make discussing anything a pain. So if they want to leave, let em.
I haven’t been on for a bit. Read through some threads this weekend. Nothing changed. Not complaining, just saying. It is what it is. Mods do their thing and posters do theirs. Banned members come back under new names. Same people arguing about the same stuff and all that. Maybe it’s harder to see if you’re on more. Same soup, just reheated.
The Wire Love This Scene So Much GIF

God of war has fanboys salty and riled up! Nothing wrong with the mods. Its your own salty asses that's the problem. You think mods are stupid and can't see through your bullshit?

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
We already had a post about this, and now another one?

It's bannable to use the old joke "interactive movies" after the tenth million times, on games that are labeled as "cinematic games" or at least games that aims to give a cinematic experience.

But people still in here after ten years says the god damn tiresome "xbox has no games" meme is still full legit and fun.

Doesn't sound entirely neutral.

Skelterz

No, it's really not.

When a game features some industry leading game mechanics and has more gameplay than it does cutscenes how exactly is it an "interactive movie"?

An interactive movie is something like Black Mirror Bandersnatch and the closest things we've had to that in the gaming medium are things like the telltale games, experiences like Her Story and Quantic dream's games.

To argue God of War is similar to those games is intellectually dishonest and is not the springboard for anything resembling an interesting discussion, quite the opposite actually.

If people just want to blurt out disingenuous one liners without being reprimanded then maybe they should stick to twitter.

One must people be reprimanded? Like even if it was a troll who cares genuinely it’s just either an opinion or a joke why is everyone so soft these days Jesus.

😂👍 no i’m the god of war cause i’m angry at the op if u wanna find me just say “helo god of war are u ther?” and i emerge from my hill billy shack and say “yes i am here” as i stroke my beard and frogs jump away from the beard. Then you post the topic and BIG REVEAL BOMBA AND WOW my name is god of war street date currently having SEX in a gamestop i just signed up for the xbox

Skelterz

Sometimes I disagree with mods, but in this case I think they were right.

This game is a top tier reviewed hack & slash, and seems pretty similar to the previous one in the series, which was a highly top tier reviewed hack & slash that sold over 20M copies. If the gameplay of this game is as deep as the previous one (seems they double down on it and expanded options) doesn't make sense at all to call it interactive movie because if we call this game interactive movie then we should call interactive movies almost every game on earth because this genre is pretty much the opposite since it focus on frequent complex and precise gameplay inputs.

Also, particularly the 'interactive movie' is not only particularly wrong for this game/genre, but also as I remember it's one of the typical console war stuff examples that is mentioned in the forum rules as something to avoid.

Sack & gash more like I can’t stand GOW personally.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
We already had a post about this, and now another one?

It's bannable to use the old joke "interactive movies" after the tenth million times, on games that are labeled as "cinematic games" or at least games that aims to give a cinematic experience.

But people still in here after ten years says the god damn tiresome "xbox has no games" meme is still full legit and fun.

Doesn't sound entirely neutral.
We action both.

This user was banned for his meltdown thread not using the trolling meme.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Maybe and just maybe some of you need fix your hyperbolic claims?

you see character walking suddenly the game is walking simulator or has cutscenes the game becomes interactive movie, and then get offended when people call you out, who are trying to fool here?

bayonetta-bayonetta3.gif

I see Bayonetta is dancing, the game must dancing simulator.

geary

GOW isnt an interactive movie. It's a 40-70 hour game with some cutscenes. If that game is an interactive movie then so is RDR2, Witcher 3, and 99% of the other games out there that have cutscenes.

A game like Detroit, Until Dawn, and other Supermassive games are your interactive movies.

Everyone who isnt a 2 year old fanboy knows this. Dont try to feign innocene. Just be happy you received a warning and not a ban.
If the remark was about of any other non-sony game, he would not receive anything. I also got a warn saying GOW:R is for GoW, what Blood & Wine was for Witcher 3.
It seems that any remark on GoW:R which is not a praise is considered troll. How can you discuss flaws of a game if you cannot say anything negative of it, in a snarky remark or not.

Last edited:
Personally, I think the idea that GoW is little more than an "interactive movie" is deeply flawed - and sounds like something someone who hasn't actually played it might say.

Regardless, I suspect the mod felt that particular comment would receive a certain type of response(s) and that the discourse would become increasingly toxic as a result.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
If the remark was about of any other non-sony game, he would have received anything. I also got a warn saying GOW:R is for GoW, what Blood & Wine was for Witcher 3.
It seems that any remark on GoW:R which is not a praise is considered troll. How can you discuss flaws of a game if you cannot say anything negative of it, in a snarky remark or not.
Not true.

And look at you- trying to be clever with the long drawn out of just saying "it's DLC."

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
We action both.

This user was banned for his meltdown thread not using the trolling meme.
I see.

Thanks for clarification 👍

So if someone brings up the old "xbox has no games" meme, it's get the same treatment as his warning? Cus I still see alot of people posting it

Last edited:

GHG

One must people be reprimanded? Like even if it was a troll who cares genuinely it’s just either an opinion or a joke why is everyone so soft these days Jesus.

Without rules and enforcement there is only chaos.

If you want chaos then there are other places on the Internet that would be better suited. There are even some platforms where trolling is all that there is. Discussion forums still exist because there is at least still the opportunity to forster more in depth discussions and closer knit communities.

As for "it's just an opinion" - not every opinion is necessary (sometimes theres a time and a place, "read the room" applies), and moreso if said opinion is founded on falsehoods then its absolutely not necessary.

Edit:

Sack & gash more like I can’t stand GOW personally.

Ah so that's what this is really about. I now regret even bothering to write up a sincere reply.

Last edited:
If the remark was about of any other non-sony game, he would have received anything. I also got a warn saying GOW:R is for GoW, what Blood & Wine was for Witcher 3.

Because you opinions are dishonest. You want to troll under disguise but mods ain't stupid. Neither are the users. Trolls are easy to see through.

geary

Not true.

And look at you- trying to be clever with the long drawn out of just saying "it's DLC."
Yes, because for me is a DLC/Expansion. For others, it may be a full fledge game. Each and everyone can perceive a value of a game how they feel.

So in your opinion GOW2 on PS2 was also a DLC to GOW? Infamous 2 was DLC to Infamous? Same for many other games on different platforms? What defines a proper sequel as per your standards?

Last edited:

Skelterz

Without rules and enforcement there is only chaos.

If you want chaos then there are other places on the Internet that would be better suited. There are even some platforms where trolling is all that there is. Discussion forums still exist because there is at least still the opportunity to forster more in depth discussions and closer knit communities.

As for "it's just an opinion" - not every opinion is necessary (sometimes theres a time and a place, "read the room" applies), and moreso if said opinion is founded on falsehoods then its absolutely not necessary.

Edit:

Ah so that's what this is really about. I now regret even bothering to write up a sincere reply.

Lol sack & gash was tongue in cheek I don’t like button masher action games period that goes for GOW bayonetta devil may cry etc etc just not for me.

But again I said sack and gash and it’s like “oh I know who YOU ARE a big nasty toxic troll”
😂 no not really just having a bit of a laugh mate relax everybody just needs to chill out.

geary

So in your opinion GOW2 on PS2 was also a DLC to GOW? Infamous 2 was DLC to Infoamous? Same for many other games on different platforms? What defines a proper sequel as per your standards?
Proper sequel are imo:
- Witcher 2 to Witcher 1
- Witcher 3 to Witcher 2
- Arkham Knight to Arkham City
- Mass Effect 2 to Mass Effect
- Assasins Creed 2 to Assasins Creed

Something to move forward the franchise, not just a new paint of color.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Proper sequel are imo:
- Witcher 2 to Witcher 1
- Witcher 3 to Witcher 2

You wouldn't happen to live in S Korea, would you?

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I really don't know what's happening here, but here some cats, cats are proven good for your mental health.
Oh No Facepalm GIF
Kitten Cute Cat GIF
Cat Kitten GIF by Demic

Cat Remember GIF
Laser Sword Cat GIF
cat dragging GIF

Adopt one, or maybe 2 or 3 from a shelter and never abandon them.
They will become your world and you will become their world, furrever.
They will be members of your family 😻
my mom hates them so i cant adopt one :(

HoodWinked

Here ya go. Enjoy the mod comment too where they stroke off to penalizing people that have a differing opinion on their game whilst reading a thread about someone not giving the game a 10/10.
FHzT00r.png

i dunno this seems pretty mild and the mod message doesn't do any favors. but also feels like if a mod is named Mod of War, use a Kratos avatar and with the omega subtitle they should probably recuse themselves from moderating God of War threads.

797215Z.png

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
i dunno this seems pretty mild and the mod message doesn't do any favors. but also feels like if a mod is named Mod of War, use a Kratos avatar and with the omega subtitle they should probably recuse themselves from moderating God of War threads.

797215Z.png
I think you're onto something!

1) I did not choose my name
2) The avatar is clearly parody
3) Gold doesn't come with tinfoil

Let's ignore rule breaking and trolling. Must be the pesky mod's fault!

Last edited:
Proper sequel are imo:
- Witcher 2 to Witcher 1
- Witcher 3 to Witcher 2

Move forward in what way? If the first game already has its combat and gameplay mechanic set right for what the developers want to achieve then the sequels are just going to be minor changes to combat/gameplay and more content to story, enemies, bosses etc. This is what most of the modern games do. Tell me a recent sequel on the same gen/platform which you feel is true sequel and not a glorified "DLC".

I think you're onto something!

1) I did not choose my name
2) The avatar is clearly parody
3) Gold doesn't come with tinfoil

Let's ignore rule breaking and trolling. Must be the pesky mod's fault!

Well that's true. The last two times I got gold I didn't receive any tinfoil in the mail.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Maybe and just maybe some of you need fix your hyperbolic claims?

you see character walking suddenly the game is walking simulator or has cutscenes the game becomes interactive movie, and then get offended when people call you out, who are trying to fool here?

bayonetta-bayonetta3.gif

I see Bayonetta is dancing, the game must dancing simulator.
Meh, looks like DLC.
smirk drinking GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom