• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the deal with moderators on this site lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Can i hijack this thread to post some random pictures of beautiful gaming girls?
2fa.jpg
df5q5y2-15113de5-f9ce-4eb3-9273-93bc9268a8e7.png
Rebecca.%28Cyberpunk%3A.Edgerunners%29.full.3759716.jpg

sample-e5d71fd7467ff67cf7259c94418e6574.jpg
d680217fa65e7ce66dfb5f12df5f622c.jpg
EnktGpCUUAQsm1v.jpg:large

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Who is the 3rd girl and where are they from?

Curiously Bayo 3 is more God of War then the new direction they have headed in.

I prefer my spectacle fighter action games to be more like that. Basic story but amazing gameplay.

GoW is a big franchise and I'm sure it'll do well but I've long understood they have a different audience in mind and that's ok.

Swift_Star

Banned
The cycle continues, i made a post calling this moderation "sensitive" with some added flair and got a warning and deleted afterwards.
I'll see myself out, hail the mod team, you can do no wrong, no wonder i don't get the urge to post here often anymore.

enough of that GIF
What a snowflake

Swift_Star

Banned
Ah OP, you discovered the very real fact that mods are just regular people with their own tribal tendencies and biases.
Nothing wrong with that. Just keep in mind GAF is a bit heavy with Sony fans with thin skin, so you should tread a bit more carefully.
You do realize this comment shows how lacking on self awareness you are, right?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Bruh. I’ll bite.

No way in fuck is God of War 2018 an interactive movie. It’s combat is brutal and requires skill on harder difficulties , has exploration , rpg elements, a semi open world to explore, and more.

An interactive movie would be like 13 sentinels aegis rim. Which I loved, but it wouldn’t be less of a title if it lost the small robot strategy fights . God of war on the other hand if you took out those elements above and it was just the cut scenes isn’t worth a damn. The gameplay , character building, exploring , puzzles, etc make it an interactive ride with a lot of variety and meat in the bone.

So, now that we got that out of the way, can you see where your comment could be deduced as trolling ? Either you didn’t play 2018 God of War (which ragnarok is clearly more of the same), and decided to have an opinion on shit you don’t know dick about , or you’re just a goofball who is selectively dismissing 90% of what makes the game great.

It’s totally ok to not think god of war 2018 was good and therefore you think ragnarok will be doo doo too, but at least use objective reasoning to tell others why you don’t jive with it.

I don’t like Zelda breath of the wild. Many more do like it. I don’t go around saying dumb shit like the game was 99% just underground dungeons and it sucks. Like sure I didn’t like those , but they aren’t the majority of what’s on offer .

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Bruh. I’ll bite.

No way in fuck is God of War 2018 an interactive movie. It’s combat is brutal and requires skill on harder difficulties , has exploration , rpg elements, a semi open world to explore, and more.

An interactive movie would be like 13 sentinels aegis rim. Which I loved, but it wouldn’t be less of a title if it lost the small robot strategy fights . God of war on the other hand if you took out those elements above and it was just the cut scenes isn’t worth a damn. The gameplay , character building, exploring , puzzles, etc make it an interactive ride with a lot of variety and meat in the bone.

So, now that we got that out of the way, can you see where your comment could be deduced as trolling ? Either you didn’t play 2018 God of War (which ragnarok is clearly more of the same), and decided to have an opinion on shit you don’t know dick about , or you’re just a goofball who is selectively dismissing 90% of what makes the game great.

It’s totally ok to not think god of war 2018 was good and therefore you think ragnarok will be doo doo too, but at least use objective reasoning to tell others why you don’t jive with it.

I don’t like Zelda breath of the wild. Many more do like it. I don’t go around saying dumb shit like the game was 99% just underground dungeons and it sucks. Like sure I didn’t like those , but they aren’t the majority of what’s on offer .

Clapping Applause GIF

MScarpa

Mods getting people to suicide accounts, create "im leaving" thread, gold is purchased, NeoGAF gets money. Smart business plan. I'm all in. 😂

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
GOW isnt an interactive movie. It's a 40-70 hour game with some cutscenes. If that game is an interactive movie then so is RDR2, Witcher 3, and 99% of the other games out there that have cutscenes.

A game like Detroit, Until Dawn, and other Supermassive games are your interactive movies.

Everyone who isnt a 2 year old fanboy knows this. Dont try to feign innocene. Just be happy you received a warning and not a ban.

Wait, there are cut scenes in gow ragnorok? I'm out.

Marvel14

Banned
Here ya go. Enjoy the mod comment too where they stroke off to penalizing people that have a differing opinion on their game whilst reading a thread about someone not giving the game a 10/10.
FHzT00r.png
Your mistake was going after "crap people" who like a game you don't. Rather ironic that you're up in arms that mods came after you for expressing an opinion they didn't like when you did the same to fans of the new God of War. Don't you think?

ironic alanis morissette GIF

Last edited:

Nico_D

Maybe I shouldn't say anything but as this is my opinion and something I believe in, I can't avoid it either.

Generally speaking, less bans, the better. Because after you start giving out bans, you are on the same road that ResetEra has taken to a cul-de-sac. And it is a slippery road. First you give them out for console warring. Mods are people too so when console warring keeps going on, fuses get shorter and even slight hint of blooming console warring can become a bannable offense. After that, it is easy to see how it becomes bannable to critizise mods for giving out bans on light infractions, because again, we are all people and when we are critized, it is bound to feel bad - especially in internet when people's method of "being critical of something" is the same as "you're an asshole". And when you have gotten there, it's really hard to walk back on bans because loosening the noose you are admitting that some of the previous bans may have been hasty. And that's when people start to get defensive.

And so forth. In summarum, I think anyone with power should be smart how you use power. There have been clear cases where the bans have been deserved but there a those which have seemed a bit subjective:, but I don't have all the information. It's just how it has shown to me. How things seem is important.

But I also despise all these "I'm leaving messages". That is really, really childish. In internet, no one knows you, no one cares if you are coming or going.

tommib

Maybe I shouldn't say anything but as this is my opinion and something I believe in, I can't avoid it either.

Generally speaking, less bans, the better. Because after you start giving out bans, you are on the same road that ResetEra has taken to a cul-de-sac. And it is a slippery road. First you give them out for console warring. Mods are people too so when console warring keeps going on, fuses get shorter and even slight hint of blooming console warring can become a bannable offense. After that, it is easy to see how it becomes bannable to critizise mods for giving out bans on light infractions, because again, we are all people and when we are critized, it is bound to feel bad - especially in internet when people's method of "being critical of something" is the same as "you're an asshole". And when you have gotten there, it's really hard to walk back on bans because loosening the noose you are admitting that some of the previous bans may have been hasty. And that's when people start to get defensive.

And so forth. In summarum, I think anyone with power should be smart how you use power. There have been clear cases where the bans have been deserved but there a those which have seemed a bit subjective:, but I don't have all the information. It's just how it has shown to me. How things seem is important.

But I also despise all these "I'm leaving messages". That is really, really childish. In internet, no one knows you, no one cares if you are coming or going.
Without the bans this quickly turns into YouTube level comment section and 8chan edgelording. Deal with it. People just need to grow up.

Nico_D

Without the bans this quickly turns into YouTube level comment section and 8chan edgelording. Deal with it. People just need to grow up.

People definitely need to grow up. But for me this is also a principle question of finding a balance between control and free speech. Youtube and especially Twitter is such a bullshit, people's showing their best sides. But control is still control and I certainly feel how there's a new kind of pressure here, people are banned practically daily. It is the same as with #metoo movement: if you behave, you have nothing to fear. But how has that worked? If you don't know where the line goes - for every single people you are interact with -, how can you know how to behave properly? And naturally there are certain very clear lines which shouldn't be passed but there are other kinds too, move subjective. I see console warring as harmless bullshit and childish behavior, dick measuring and skip from reading that shit altogether. Would I ban it? Probably not. But I'm not a mod either.

tommib

People definitely need to grow up. But for me this is also a principle question of finding a balance between control and free speech. Youtube and especially Twitter is such a bullshit, people's showing their best sides. But control is still control and I certainly feel how there's a new kind of pressure here, people are banned practically daily. It is the same as with #metoo movement: if you behave, you have nothing to fear. But how has that worked? If you don't know where the line goes - for every single people you are interact with -, how can you know how to behave properly? And naturally there are certain very clear lines which shouldn't be passed but there are other kinds too, move subjective. I see console warring as harmless bullshit and childish behavior, dick measuring and skip from reading that shit altogether. Would I ban it? Probably not. But I'm not a mod either.
So you don’t mind having a forum full of shitposting. Fine. The mods and owner do. People are already not interested in creating interesting and in-depth thread because of shitposting. But sure. Let’s double down on that. Sounds like a good decision. Free speech is for 8chan. If you want some degree of quality to your forum you need constant moderation. There’s even a sticky about warring shitposting. But people can’t avoid it apparently. Hence, the bans.

Last edited:

Nico_D

So you don’t mind having a forum full of shitposting.

Where did I say that? I said there is a fine line finding the sweet spot in control and free speechs when it comes to moderating content.

What I did say, I skip single posts or don't even enter bullshit threads. Naturally mods aren't able do that but when it comes to, for example, console warring there are clear examples when people are just raising hell and then there are cases when people are just joking. And if any forum enters are phase where people have to consider can I make this joke or does it get me banned, I think it's a worrying sign. Same as with #metoo.

I'm not talking about what I want, I'm just talking about the ethical side of things.

I shitpost and console war for days and i'm more or less fine. It's not hard to find the line between having a bit of fun and just trying to stir the pot.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Permanent?
Even killers have right to court.
Was this guy a monster troll or what?

My posts get edited too recently. I see you mods. No. You are not gonna bait me into creating suicide thread :D

Permanent?
Even killers have right to court.
Was this guy a monster troll or what?

My posts get edited too recently. I see you mods. No. You are not gonna bait me into creating suicide thread :D

He called Ragnarok an interactive movie

Imo a permanent ban is letting him off lightly

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
To argue God of War is similar to those games is intellectually dishonest and is not the springboard for anything resembling an interesting discussion, quite the opposite actually.
Yeah, many years ago I used to call Sony games interactive movies and it was because I was lead to believe that Sony games lacked good gameplay

I was happy when I found out that I was totally wrong the whole time

Vick

So you don’t mind having a forum full of shitposting. Fine. The mods and owner do. People are already not interested in creating interesting and in-depth thread because of shitposting. But sure. Let’s double down on that.
This, seriously.

I really hope the amount of crying from troll/salty individuals in these kind of Threads won’t impact the moderation whatsoever, as the amount of shitposting from the same people, going on for damn years at this point, is still waaay too fucking high.

Yeah, many years ago I used to call Sony games interactive movies and it was because I was lead to believe that Sony games lacked good gameplay

I was happy when I found out that I was totally wrong the whole time
We are full of these people, believing and reposting completely made up shit other trolls posted.. which leads to ridiculous things like calling God of War, the most gamey and gameplay centric, full of the deepest mechanics ever made by a western studio by a country mile, a crappy interactive movie.
And have lots of people agreeing with such stupid shit as well.
It’s a literal cancer for honest, enthusiast discussions we could have here.

Topher

Gold Member
More and more threads like this or people asking for account removal. Mods should take long hard look at themselves. Seems like they are favouring specific users/platform.

Why? Because some trolls like the OP got butthurt when a mod wagged a finger at him? I don't think the mods should be worried about melting snowflakes, frankly.

It boggles my mind how anyone find this more fun than this:

Both the old GoW and the new have differences that I find appealing personally. But in neither case are the games "interactive movies". That's the point being made, not personal preference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom