• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your downloadble GOTY so far?

On PS4, probably Child of Light, Strider, Resogun and Velocity 2X. So far I am really liking Dust: Elysian Tail also. On PS3 and X360, I don't even know.

Nestunt

The majority of games I played this year were download only

so here's my top ten

10-Resogun
9-Velocity 2X
8-Hotline Miami
7-Dust an Elysian Tail
6-Valiant Hearts
5-Strider
4-Guacamelee
3-Rogue Legacy
2-Child of Light
1-Transistor

GamerJM

Banned
TxK. It would be Nidhogg if that game had real online though.

I have a decently sizable list of downloadable games I need to play. I feel like Shovel Knight, Pushmo World, Strider and Wolf Among Us could be possible contenders here. Also D4 whenever I get an Xbox One.

shovel knight!

But i'm in europe so i still can't play azure striker gunvolt and shantae 3ds

as for the best downloadable title of all time for me :

la-mulana-wii-00a.jpg

Aaron D.

jDjZVXQ.jpg

A Hunter S. Thompson fever dream set in a "futuristic" mod-60's spy universe. The game is insanely imaginative and a ton of fun to explore.

Destiny, then Diablo 3.

I don't like the distinction of 'Downloadable Game' as it tends to imply indie, and to further the notion that there are two delineated tiers of games.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Child of Light
Shovel Knight
Transistor

lt519

Potential knock-out when I ultimately download the Wii U version:
Shantae and the Pirates Curse

You are in for a treat :)

All the sudden I have a massive backlog again from this thread. I forgot how many other awesome downloadable titles there were that I missed while playing the others. I have to give Valiant Hearts a try since I loved the UbiArt engine. TxK is sitting on my Vita now, will have to give it a go, it's getting some love here as well.

10-Resogun
9-Velocity 2X
8-Hotline Miami
7-Dust an Elysian Tail
6-Valiant Hearts
5-Strider
4-Guacamelee
3-Rogue Legacy
2-Child of Light
1-Transistor

That is one sexy list. I like you. This thread has actually exceeded what I expected for the quality number of games we've gotten this year.

CDX

pyc9iBu.jpg

Easily, Shovel Knight.

Not only downloadable GOTY, it's honestly a contender for my personal GOTY in general. I just had so much fun with Shovel Knight.

1. Lightning Returns
  2. Sunset Overdrive
  3. Forza
  4. D4

Did not really play that much 2014 releases, also evil within isnt even worth mentioning.

jwillenn

Stealth Inc. 2 has surpassed all.

I bought Child of Light. Loved it.
I bought Shovel Knight. Loved it.
I bought Super Time Force. Loved it.
forgetting some others, but yeah... Stealth Inc. 2!!!

and I'm only at 2-3!

Nestunt

That is one sexy list. I like you. This thread has actually exceeded what I expected for the quality number of games we've gotten this year.

And I have a suspicion that once I play Spelunky and Journey (PS4) they are replacing two of those

Glitchy

Neo Member
Transistor. At first I didn't like it because I really did not understand it but once I figured it out it became amazing. I also love the music in this game. It's my GOTY so far.

Resogun by far...especially with the addition of survival mode.

...but at the end of the month, Geometry Wars 3 comes and it may take the #1 spot.

Nidhogg multiplayer was the best 30 minutes I've spent with videogames in a long time.

Kerbal Space Program and Ikaruga PC are also both fantastic.

lt519

And I have a suspicion that once I play Spelunky and Journey (PS4) they are replacing two of those

I've been saving Journey for the PS4, is that dropping this year? I didn't like Spelunky on my Vita though, just couldn't get into it, but it's worth another shot.

If DLC came out for a game this year that fundamentally changes the game, does that count? Because if so, Resogun DLC/Patches.

If not? I dunno, Shovel Knight was cool I guess.

lt519

If DLC came out for a game this year that fundamentally changes the game, does that count? Because if so, Resogun DLC/Patches.

If not? I dunno, Shovel Knight was cool I guess.

I'd say Resogun: Heroes counts, it was basically an expansion. It also had the best titled trophy of the year so it gets a pass for that. The "I came in like a Resogun" had me in stitches.

jett

D-Member
b57c3c1d592d12658494e41a17143f4e_large.PNG

Shovel Knight, easy.

Sorry Double Fine, but in the end you just gave me half a game. :p

edit: not a single mention for Broken Age...that sure says something.

BeforeJam

Neo Member
That's a retail game. As is Child of Light, technically (on some platforms at least).

Yep, Child of Light has a retail version on Vita. Which is weird; the only console with a physical release for that game is a Vita game.

Also,

1. Transistor

2. P.T.

3. Pure Pool (Yeah really)

Sendou

edit: not a single mention for Broken Age...that sure says something.

I really liked Broken Age but it's still half of the game. That's why I'll never nominate it on threads like this.

This year I especially liked Transistor, Valiant Hearts and Shovel Knight. Gaming bliss right there.

Duster

Pix The Cat - I got so obsessed with chasing the high scores in the main arcade mode I had to give it up, luckily the nostalgia mode is arguably better, then there's the lab and...

TxK - For many of the same reasons as Pix, I love the trippy colours popping out the OLED, the awesome soundtrack (Noise Pulse) and everything this else that seems to help me get into that flow zone. You can tell Minter has been trying to perfect the game for decades.

Rogue Legacy - I suppose as I enjoyed the many many hours I put into it but I can't help feel it was too reliant on the grind.

Shin EU peasant's Tensei IV

(Was interested in Shovel Knight, but not at 15 bucks - mainly been classic downloads for me this year)

1) SteamWorld Dig
2) Rogue Legacy
3) Velocity 2X
4) The Swapper
5) Hohokum

Worth bearing in mind that I've not played any digital games that weren't on PS3 or Vita. It's been a great year for digital games though, far better than retail IMO.

Top Bottom