• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your dream game?

Would've been Silent Hills......

tumblr_nbaeyfuenr1rm9bmao1_500.gif

tumblr_nmlsrryHvm1uoz7nao1_400.gif

A Forza Horizon style game, but where you play as Hammond, Clarkson, and May. The showcases would be their special challenges, and the races would be their normal competitions. For extra fun, you get to design their special vehicles like the campervan and then race it against the other two.

Upinsmoke

When I was younger I wanted a game a bit like the sims but more in depth, one where you had the opportunity to live another life in a sense. Sounds boring as fuck now. Also the catch was that you only had one life, if you died in the game that was it.

Now though, well I like the Harry Potter series and they've never really done it justice except the lego games, so I'd like a VR Harry Potter.

I'll repeat the post I made last time I was asked this question.

Fully realized Berserk game. In collaboration with Hidetaka Miyazaki, Fumito Ueda, Shinji Mikami, Hideki Kamiya, Hideo Kojima, and story supervisor Kentaro Miura dubbed the "Dream Team", From Software and Platinum Games join forces to meld the frantic action Platinum Games is known for, with the world building and methodical pacing of Dark Souls, all brought together in a massive world that has the tightness of a linear focused game with the vastness of the Witcher 3.

Yeah, I didn't say it was a realistic wish.

SpartanN92

Banned
A really dark and gritty 3rd person Halo game.

You play as an ODST (or regular Marine) during the battle of Earth in 2552.

Remember the Halo 3 Diorama and how intense that was?
I want to see that

NoKisum

sounds like Scalebound.

Then that's a shame because it's been looking really rough.

But that's okay, my group of friends have been distancing themselves more and more these days with work and such, so probably wouldn't have the time to play anyway.

These days, I've just been holding out for the perfect marriage between rhythm games and RPGs on a handheld (ideally with the ability to put in your own music as well).

Lunar15

A wartime space/mech action JRPG with some political/UC Gundam vibes mixed with some 80's cyberpunk asthetic in the cities.

Ryde3

a good Game of Thrones Dark Souls type game.

Freedom Fighters type game/sequel with the shooting of Max Payne 2/3.

Edit: Vice City getting the GTA V treatment. Love that damn world.

Muchacho

Remade Soul Edge on current gen with the polished look of Soul Calibur V but not the crazy lighting effects and more realistic weapon clashes/sparks.

- The engine should be a mix between Soul Calibur I and II but tweaked with a weapon gauge which allows Critical Edge combo when full and weapon loss when empty.
- Arcade/Story mode and Edge Master mode with some effort put into the story.
- Realistic and lively backgrounds both subtle and also some fights taking place within a huge battle/war. Also they can be interactive like Dead or Alive.
- Remixed tracks based on the original arcade OST and Khan Super Session.
- The Original Intro remade with In-game cut scenes.
- Secrets like new weapons and costume unlocks for various modes.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
A S.T.A.L.K.E.R game with the Metro Redux engine, running 1080p@60 on the PS4.

Elite Dangerous + Star Citizen + Destiny + Star Wars Universe

Full blown MMO in VR with all the features of these games fully fleshed out

kodecraft

Tomb Raider(2013) x The Evil Within.

Tomb Raider's 2013 island set pieces and gameplay mechanics.

The Evil Within's monsters and psychological fear.

Both games' weapons, female protagonist.

The Keeper can show up at anytime on the island similar to RE3's Nemesis.

Different enemy variations spread throughout the island.

True successor to RE4.

Deus Ex game directed by Harvey smith, written by Avellone and produced by The Benz, with the appropriate budget.

Maybe CD Projekt's Cyberpunk will do the trick

Paasei

Stealth heist and prison break game, open world.

Requires real planning allowing for tons and tons of possibilities to get it done, all depending on your own recon work. Take your time.
Deus Ex/Dishonored like when it comes to various routes etc. Just discover them all by yourself and create your favored combinations to get in and out without cadualties.

I love stealth games so much if done right.

Lockless

Basically everything Star Citizen has promised or even talked about even vaguely, done well, with a star wars skin. I could play that forever.

Aquova

A new 2D Sonic game, with graphics that expand upon what they had on Genesis, with a sick soundtrack and made by people passionate about the series that don't have the track record that Sonic Team does.

OH WAIT

sonic_mania_title_by_doctor_g-dabafp8.png

Pedrito

-An open-world espionnage RPG set in an exotic location (better yet, multiple exotic locations).

-Far Cry in Jurassic Park

gfxtwin

Star Citizen is aiming to be one of them

RE2 remake that is currently in development(?)

Saurian - open world dinosaur game that uses all the latest paleontology to render an accurate depiction of an area during the cretaceous period.

A Bioshock game with Ken Levine's involvement that takes place in Rapture but is also open-world

Well-made ports/remasters of Okami, Silent Hill 1-4, Ico + Shadow of the Colossus, Ninja Gaiden 1-2 (Itagaki versions), Red Dead Redemption, Ecco the Dolphin (Dreamcast) and JSRF on the PS4 and PC

Etrian Odyssey Wii U, has been since Wii U announcement. HD dungeon on the TV, map in your hands. Missed opportunity for greatness, although I'm sure sales would have been tricky.

GhostBed

I've always dreamed of a 3D arena fighter in the style of the Naruto storm games but with a smaller cast, tons of depth, and possibly some weapon swapping mechanic? Then if we could top it off with a good story and an original cast, I think I'd play that forever .

Have you any profession working towards such a game as well?
Not particularly, just about the only videogame development related things I'm decent at are making music and some general graphic design stuff. Been thinking about picking up Unity in my free time to see what I can do, though.

Nameless

Honestly something similar to what Project EGO was supposed to be: A rich, incredibly detailed open world Fantasy RPG where a complex unscripted narrative unfolds organically around your character.

missile

Not particularly, just about the only videogame development related things I'm decent at are making music and some general graphic design stuff. Been thinking about picking up Unity in my free time to see what I can do, though.
Sounds good. Given your skill set, are you able to compose some music and art
to foster some vision about teh dream game?

Kyle8497

An open-world, interstellar, first-person game with an eerie tone. So, essentially Star Citizen with a Metroid skin.

Cheever

A stealth-action game set in a sci-fi setting in the very far future with alien worlds, hubs, multiple factions, and so on with expansive non-linear missions. Players can use tools, powers, weapons and complete the missions whatever ways they see fit.

Kinda like of a sci-fi Dishonored, if I wanna make it clear

You would've had that with Prey 2 (and hey Prey 3 by now in some other timeline). We had 3 hubs, multi-factions, non-linear missions, with too many tools IMHO. Too bad the corporate owners of Dishonored sulked in a corner for a year. They couldn't snag a new company then acted like a passive aggressive Biff Tannen. They let the project whither away.

RedSwirl

I'm gonna try to be brief with mine, so I'll mostly just use other games as references:

--Space Engine but with the Mako.

--Deadly Premonition's open-world small town but without the combat and more pure adventure game gameplay.

--A game like ArmA but with some actual CPU optimization and more mainstream-oriented gameplay.

--A fusion of a VN/adventure game and an old school-style tactical shooter. In the adventure segments you gather intel, then act on that intel in raids and other combat situations.

--Mega Man Legends 1 with today's graphics and maybe modern TPS controls.

I have a couple more complex "dream" ideas but I'll wait until tomorrow to describe those since it's late.

Edit: Another quick one -- That "perfect" RPG that combines CDPRojekt/Obsidian-level storytelling and world design with Capcom/Platinum-level real time combat.

AudioEppa

Too many dream games, but I'll say the one that just popped in my head first.

A Disaster Report style concept made by Naughty Dog. It would be a new third person cinematic adventure franchise based on global warming catastrophic events. All the terrifying stories we see and some people live through would be transformed into something we play, no other AAA studio have ever tackled this subject and ND would be the absolute best choice.

The games would display different levels of violence besides just using a gun. Anything can be a weapon, including your own hands.

Each player will obviously put themselves into the character on how best survive in a scary situation. But the story would force choices that will not only break the character, but also ourselves as gamers.

jdstorm

Banned
Assasins Creed: Westeros

A Nightwing/Dick Greyson game in the style of the Yakuza series

A shared online open world game about making action movies.

Little big planet x Singstar. Meets broadway. Perform famous plays as action/platform games

Top Bottom