• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's Your Hype For Street Fighter 6?

How hyped are you for Street Fighter 6?

• Day 1 Purchase!

Votes: 102 38.3%
  • Will Depend on Reviews

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • I'll buy it at a Discount

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • What's Street Fighter 6 When You Have Tekken 8 ?

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • I am done with Street Fighter

Votes: 53 19.9%
  • Mortal Kombat 12 please...

Votes: 27 10.2%

• Total voters

ironmang

Releasing at the wrong time for me with both FFXVI and Diablo 4 being priorities but it does look dope. Played the hell out of SF4, skipped 5 so I'm looking forward to eventually diving back into this world. As an OG fan of both SF and Tekken I have to say Tekken 8 is looking a bit more tasty though that's likely a Spring/Summer 2024 release.
Shame they couldn't get it out in February like 4 and 5 which I guess is probably pandemic related. Throwing it up against Diablo 4 is pretty rough. Literally releases the day of the early access so early sales are going to take a hit and there's not going to be any free twitch/youtube advertising.

At least the summer tournaments will be pretty wild with such short time to prepare. Been several years since I watched EVO but this year I'll be watching it all weekend.

Last edited:

Mess

No hype at all here, it seems way too slow and I'm not digging the design of the newcomers at all. Oh and that whole avatar useless fluff.

Still buying day1 to get a feel for it but I'm pretty sure I'll stick to older iterations.

nbkicker

Cant wait for streetfighter 6, streetfighter is prob the only fighting game i play nowadays , mk decision to cover up all females made it a easy choice not to continue with that franchise and tekken just got boring to me, even though 8s traillers graphics look amazing but cant get excited about it, especially with the design of nina, so far everything about streetfighter 6 has blown me away, would love it to be graphically better but still looks good

Garnox

I'll get it at a discount. I don't have time for a lot of gaming these days and I have a bad habit of buying games day 1 while remaining in shrink wrap until a year later (when it's gone on sale by then)

I used to play fighting games with friends on the couch, loser rotating out. That was the ideal fighting game scenario, but we all live far away and online play just lacks that social aspect. Gone are the glory days for us 😔

I am a die hard fan of SF, and still play daily Z3 and 3.3.
But that one didn’t grab me. Feels like TikTok fighter and I can’t find any character interesting outside of Ryu and Gouki after DLCs. Which is annoying for me.

No Gen, Guy, Adon, Sagat, Vega, Ibuki, Makoto, Fei Long, Zeku…

It’s a shame :/
Which version of Zero 3 do you play daily? Vanilla (arcade), Upper (console), or Max Upper (PSP)?

MayauMiao

To be safe and avoid disappointment I will buy it later when all the glitches associated with Day 1 launches are fixed. Too many backlog games anyway.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Zero until I see this.

8835c0657e1aae4603b8b50f92562054.jpg

Arcade on Fightcade 2.
The arcade version still blows my mind. It has three hidden characters, survival mode, and dramatic battle built in. Considering the archaic design of other releases like 1944 on the CPS2, it is mind blowing. Also, I think it has the best announcer and UI of the whole franchise even despite putting more time into Zero 2.

Last edited:

Variahunter

Zero 3 is best SF !
The arcade version still blows my mind. It has three hidden characters, survival mode, and dramatic battle built in. Considering the archaic design of other releases like 1944 on the CPS2, it is mind blowing. Also, I think it has the best announcer and UI of the whole franchise even despite putting more time into Zero 2.
Zero 3 is the best SF, followed by 3.3.
Its only flaws are V ISM, which is overpowered, and infinites because of V Ism.

fallingdove

I'm not saying that the game will be a "parry fiesta" I'm just saying that having a godlike mechanic like universal parry made into a low skill garbage defense option is very unappealing.
But parry holds aren’t even close to godlike. Not even low skill players were using it that often in either of the betas. Those that did insta-lost. You might be able to deflect multi-hit attacks with the strategy but you only see a real advantage with perfect parries.

From what I have played, the game is very balanced and rewards players that explore all of the offensive and defensive tools available. Simplified controls and parry holds might lower the barrier to entry for non-fighting game enthusiasts but it doesn’t dumb anything down for those looking for complexity or varied play styles.

Fake

But parry holds aren’t even close to godlike. Not even low skill players were using it that often in either of the betas. Those that did insta-lost. You might be able to deflect multi-hit attacks with the strategy but you only see a real advantage with perfect parries.

From what I have played, the game is very balanced and rewards players that explore all of the offensive and defensive tools available. Simplified controls and parry holds might lower the barrier to entry for non-fighting game enthusiasts but it doesn’t dumb anything down for those looking for complexity or varied play styles.

With all due respect, you can't say the game is balanced when the same game have litelary 'auto fight' settings.

Is better wait until release to judge if mixing simplified controls with parry was a good ideia.

Markio128

SF has always had a special place in my heart, ever since I played SF2 in the arcades, and even more so when I picked up the SNES + SF2 bundle.

The later iterations haven’t really scratched the same itch (I love the simplicity of SF2), but I’m still day 1.

Saber

Gold Member

You can't say that of a game people aren't used yet. You can't judge over a beta.
Once the game launchs and people master it you will see wheter this mechanic is balanced or not. And if simplified controls only makes people disinteressed.

nikos

I just played some SFV and never want to touch another fighting game with input shortcuts again.

It leads to too many execution errors on my end. It's something I have been struggling with since SFIV even though I played that game endlessly. Seems worse in SFV and it was there in the SF6 beta. Would be nice if we could disable it. People rely on it now, especially since they're all using hitboxes. I don't know how that thing went from being banned at tournaments to sponsoring them. They must have paid a ton of money.

Between that and the what the FGC has become, the magic of fighting games is long gone.

Last edited:
I just played some SFV and never want to touch another fighting game with input shortcuts again.

It leads to too many execution errors on my end. It's something I have been struggling with since SFIV even though I played that game endlessly. Seems worse in SFV and it was there in the SF6 beta. Would be nice if we could disable it. People rely on it now, especially since they're all using hitboxes. I don't know how that thing went from being banned at tournaments to sponsoring them. They must have paid a ton of money.

Between that and the what the FGC has become, the magic of fighting games is long gone.
I could be mistaken, but I remember the option to disable it in the SF6 beta. It gets on my nerves as well at times.

nikos

I could be mistaken, but I remember the option to disable it in the SF6 beta. It gets on my nerves as well at times.

Interesting, I don't remember it being there. That would change things for me.

There's no reason why all of this should = DP. You should only be able to do a DP with the proper motion. In older games, you either got DP or you didn't. Now all sorts of weird shit happens like accidental supers etc. I'm not going to continue dancing around shortcuts on a stick while these people have a dozen ways of doing a DP with no effort.

Last edited:
Won't buy.
Sf5 was great! I got that after all the fixes and arcade edition was out for like $25. I even played some online, which I don't do and I was winning matches (also something don't always do).
I loved the art style and everything.

SF6 looks like a western "modern auidences" game... Which means not me. They don't want to appeal to me, no money or support from me. Art style looks horrible in comparison to past games imo.

Granted I thought the same of mk11 too, until they released klassic skins, that game still had a nice look to it. Sf6 aesthetics don't appeal to me at all. I eventually got mk11 on sale and loved it. We will see and I may get on sale when it's under $15.

Gobjuduck

Banned
Already pre-ordered. Looking way better than V, but that’s not saying much, V was embarrassingly poor.

I loved 4, it got me into fighting games, and it’s in my top 3 360 games.

Got into the SF6 beta, the game already plays much better than V. I’m concerned about the annoying interface and some ugly characters making to release.

Last edited:
My hype level is very high.
At first I wasn't on board with how the game looked and felt, but it grew on me and the hype levels went pretty high.
Also the roster if fantastic, so much was put into the little details and the characters.

Also look at this magnificence, how could you not be hyped:
They took away the boobs. She always had feminine features. And her ass in that shot looks like a dudes. The trailer video it looks better but not in your link, imo. Why did they have to cut off her chest? To appease "twitter/reddit/modern auidences ", is all I can think of. Unless they give options for classic looks, I'm not digging it.

Last edited:

pramod

Banned
Looks too much like SFV to me which i cant get into. Im talking about the way it plays. Too slow. I loved SF4 which was basically a 2d game with sprites replaced by models.

My hype is very high for this. Day 1. You can't tell me this isn't the best Streey Fighter has looked in ages ...it looks great graphically, animations, mechanics-drive system, content wise looks solid and finally gonna have a SF in 4k (since Capcom was too lazy to update Sf5)

Won't buy.
Sf5 was great! I got that after all the fixes and arcade edition was out for like $25. I even played some online, which I don't do and I was winning matches (also something don't always do).
I loved the art style and everything.

SF6 looks like a western "modern auidences" game... Which means not me. They don't want to appeal to me, no money or support from me. Art style looks horrible in comparison to past games imo.

Granted I thought the same of mk11 too, until they released klassic skins, that game still had a nice look to it. Sf6 aesthetics don't appeal to me at all. I eventually got mk11 on sale and loved it. We will see and I may get on sale when it's under $15.

You will buy it and eventually love this too then. Not sure why you wouldn't like this artstyle if you loved sf5 as they're similar

Hot5pur

They took away the boobs. She always had feminine features. And her ass in that shot looks like a dudes. The trailer video it looks better but not in your link, imo. Why did they have to cut off her chest? To appease "twitter/reddit/modern auidences ", is all I can think of. Unless they give options for classic looks, I'm not digging it.
We have also always had way over sexualized women characters with ridiculous proportions. They toned it down to look a bit more elegant. Her ass is clearly magnificent so it's not like they didn't keep some stuff. Also I think she has a good amount of chest still. I guess it depends on people's standards but this is the first comment about the game but being sexualized enough.

Chupanibre

My hype is very high for this. Day 1. You can't tell me this isn't the best Streey Fighter has looked in ages ...it looks great graphically, animations, mechanics-drive system, content wise looks solid and finally gonna have a SF in 4k (since Capcom was too lazy to update Sf5)
Yeah. Everything looks top-notch. This might be the game that gets me streaming again.

amigastar

Since i really suck at fighting games it's not my favorite genre but i'm let's say curious about SF6 so i will wait for reviews.

SFII Turbo is my fav and after missing SF5 on Xbox I'm medium levels of hype for SF6. The characters, animations and stages look brilliant with a ton of dev love put it the production. The audio and stage music feel weak to me, not for my tastes but I'll still enjoy. Also seeing those core characters like Blanka, Zangief, Dahlsim, Guile, E. Honda, Chun-Li and Ryu make this old man SF arcade fan feel at home.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Where’s the I’m on a budget so I’m getting Diablo 4 instead ?

I can’t afford money and time wise to play SF,D4, and FF16 all in one month.

I wish any of those 3 came out in April or May or got delayed to July or August. It would help me out immensely.

I plan to binge D4 until FF16, complete 16, then get SF6. Which sucks because fighters are at their best at launch when people are learning all the new tech.

yurinka

Very likely SF6 will be my personal GOTY and GOTG, the game where I'll spend the biggest amount of time and money. As happened with SFV before.

Edmund

Cammy's best assets aren't on her chest. I must say she's beautiful in this latest game. Lovely pale skin which I love on a woman and a toned midriff, I'm in heaven!

cammy.png

She's American but I can't help but think Gigi Hadid looks a lot like Cammy. Especially street fighter 5 Cammy.

She's American but I can't help but think Gigi Hadid looks a lot like Cammy. Especially street fighter 5 Cammy.
Cammy is British, that’s a well known fact dude. Also, what did anything I said have to do with her nationality? And no, I don’t see the Gigi Hadid comparison.

Edmund

Top Bottom