• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wheel of Time

jason10mm

Gold Member
Of course it is.

Now, I wonder who picks up Terry Brooks' Shannara series? Because that, my friends, is another epic fantasy series untapped.
Untapped? Isn't there a show for that one already?

Same with Sword of Truth.

I think a David Eddings series could be good, though that is pretty derivative at this point as well. First Law would be dope but probably too hard-core for streamers these days. McCaffreys dragonrider of Pern series would be quite different but the Dragon budget would be ridonculous.

I'm holding out for a hard R adult Gor series but that's just me :p

jason10mm

Gold Member
Malazan Book of the Fallen of course would be the GOAT but it would require the entire british film industry to support it and each season would cost a billion dollars :p

Kimahri

Banned
All I want is a Kings of the Wyld movie or show. It's new gen fantasy, but my god it's fantastic.

The Shannara show was pretty much a turd though.

I'd like a proper Discworld show. That The Watch travesty is such a frustrating thing. A show about The Night Watch is a brilliant idea, but don't pretend you've got better ideas than Terry Pratchett. Adapt the actual thing instead of making some dumbass cyberpunk show.

NahaNago

I never really thought about having the series I liked turned into tv shows or movies. I used to like the xanth series by piers anthony but that is too crazy. That drizzt dark elf movie would be interesting to see. Hawk and Fisher as a somewhat low budget tv show would work from simon r. green. L.E. Modesitts worlds would easily work for a tv show. Like a lot of the time when they have folks with the black order(?) side of magic they end up being craftsman so that would be easy enough. Mercedes Lackey I think would work well today if I remember it right with them having lgbtq couples mentioned in the books. Kim Harrison's books would work also but I don't know if I would prefer that as a tv show or a movie. With that said I think they would all end up being terrible as tv shows or movies.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
This series was gash. I'm not sure how fans of the books felt about it, but I just couldn't get into this series and thought it was poor.

I'm now really, really concerned about the upcoming Middle-earth series. After watching this, I have very little faith that Amazon will do Tolkien's world justice.

Tams

This series was gash. I'm not sure how fans of the books felt about it, but I just couldn't get into this series and thought it was poor.

I'm now really, really concerned about the upcoming Middle-earth series. After watching this, I have very little faith that Amazon will do Tolkien's world justice.
Lenny Henry's a hobbit and he's very excited about for you know why reasons. My money's on it being exactly what we expect it to be, though of course I hope I'm very wrong.

Zeroing

Banned
The only thing that made me keep watching this show was because of Rosamund Pike, great actress but other than that… the show really haven’t clicked with me. Everything was off

Top Bottom