• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When and How Do Most Americans Lose Their Virginity?

MGrant

27 going on 28 and i've never gotten remotely close.

At this point i figure i'm so fucked by inexperience that i might as well just let the chips fall where they may. In a few years i'll just start trying for marriage where the expectations shift. Playing the field in the meantime, but internet dating is getting me barely further than all my years of not trying at all.

Somewhat on the short side (5'8"), not heavy (range between 150 and 160 seasonally), not ugly as far as i can tell aside from an acne problem that flares up from time to time. The biggest issue is probably that i didn't ask a single girl out from the ages of 13 to 21, and then not again until 25. Wasted the prime years simply not trying or caring.

27's not too late at all. Everyone's still relatively young and the bonus is that you've been out of school for long enough to actually have a personality of your own that's not based on your classes or parents.

I'm confused by the attitude of "I'm not having sex, guess I'll just get married," though.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Who are these people who think anal sex isn't sex, condom sex isn't sex and sex without the guy finishing isn't sex????
People who want to have sex but need an out on a technicality for usually religious reasons.

Ogodei

27's not too late at all. Everyone's still relatively young and the bonus is that you've been out of school for long enough to actually have a personality of your own that's not based on your classes or parents.

I'm confused by the attitude of "I'm not having sex, guess I'll just get married," though.

It's not that, it's more that i doubt i'll find someone to just fool around with at this point because a woman like that isn't going to want anyone as inexperienced as I am. Basically i'm structurally barred from the hookup scene and am locked into serious relationships only.

ldar247

Banned
I'm turning 24 this year

Kzw37Dj.gif
BfxmjJp.gif

prbOdAn.gif

13ruce

Banned
Meh my first time was not pleasent and unwanted but i was 11-12 and it was with a male i'm a male and i am more into girls but i did not rrally know what sex was and i said yes etc.

I still regret that and i never have been good friends with that guy anymore it's why i kinda avoided girls etc all together and had trust issues with male friends.

Ultimately i like girls and i am a straight dude and i dunno if such experience counts as rape but it was horrible.

No one irl knows it but since i became 20 i got over it myself and met some cool people and had a gf for a while.

Sure it's something i would wipe from my memory but i should not let a bad sex experience ruin my live. It may also be why i gamed alot in my early teenage years etc instead of going out.

So yeah i lost it early with a dude and it was not pleasant imo i have nothing against gays etc now tho because of it and ultimately i am straight honestly i prefer girls. And i don't hate the dude in question anymore we were young so what can i really do sue him for rape lol?

So yeah that's my personal story of losing virginity....

It's not that, it's more that i doubt i'll find someone to just fool around with at this point because a woman like that isn't going to want anyone as inexperienced as I am. Basically i'm structurally barred from the hookup scene and am locked into serious relationships only.

Not true if you have the means to travel

If you go somewhere where people think you look exotic you will easily get laid. For white guys, certain parts of Asia (personal experience) and South America are good

rtcn63

27 going on 28 and i've never gotten remotely close.

At this point i figure i'm so fucked by inexperience that i might as well just let the chips fall where they may. In a few years i'll just start trying for marriage where the expectations shift. Playing the field in the meantime, but internet dating is getting me barely further than all my years of not trying at all.

Somewhat on the short side (5'8"), not heavy (range between 150 and 160 seasonally), not ugly as far as i can tell aside from an acne problem that flares up from time to time. The biggest issue is probably that i didn't ask a single girl out from the ages of 13 to 21, and then not again until 25. Wasted the prime years simply not trying or caring.

Brah men prime in their 30s just date also-inexperienced 20-year-olds if you ain't ugly and poor.

ascii42

I'll turn 31 in a couple weeks. Apparently, 4% of my peers (those ages 30-34) have also not had sex. Good to know.

Pusherman

I'll turn 31 in a couple weeks. Apparently, 4% of my peers (those ages 30-34) have also not had sex. Good to know.

That 4% seems pretty consistent. It was 4% of my peers who hadn't had any partners either. Hmm, that doesn't bode all too well for my future.

MGrant

So yeah i lost it early with a dude and it was not pleasant imo i have nothing against gays etc now tho because of it and ultimately i am straight honestly i prefer girls. And i don't hate the dude in question anymore we were young so what can i really do sue him for rape lol?

It sounds like you were sexually abused by another boy. I'm so sorry to hear that; that is an unbearable weight for a child to bear. I knew of a couple boys like that in my neighborhood growing up. They started abusing other boys and girls around age 8-9. The saddest thing is that they were probably victims themselves, not that it excuses their behavior at all.

Meh my first time was not pleasent and unwanted but i was 11-12 and it was with a male i'm a male and i am more into girls but i did not rrally know what sex was and i said yes etc.

I still regret that and i never have been good friends with that guy anymore it's why i kinda avoided girls etc all together and had trust issues with male friends.

Ultimately i like girls and i am a straight dude and i dunno if such experience counts as rape but it was horrible.

No one irl knows it but since i became 20 i got over it myself and met some cool people and had a gf for a while.

Sure it's something i would wipe from my memory but i should not let a bad sex experience ruin my live. It may also be why i gamed alot in my early teenage years etc instead of going out.

I nearly lost mine to another boy my age around the age of 10, but I ended up getting scared and running away. I do wonder if it would've fucked me up if it had happened. I dodged a bullet and could have been a victim of abuse my whole life. Crazy to think about.

Shredderi

Some people after not having sexual relations when they hit their late 20s either tend to become increasingly depressed and desperate, but there is also a subsection of people who stop caring. At first they "stop caring" as in they try to convince themselves that "who cares I don't care anyway". Some time after that they actually genuinely do stop caring. After that people start to perceive them as confident. Those people don't actually think of themselves as hot shit, they just genuinely don't care and don't feel that innate pressure to act in a certain way around the other sex, which is then perceived as confidence. I've seen it happen with more than one close friend. That's pretty much how they found their girlfriends in the end. One other is increasingly desperate and depressed though.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Who are these people who think anal sex isn't sex, condom sex isn't sex and sex without the guy finishing isn't sex????

Well I remember when I joined the service they discussed
Article 125 of the Uniform Code OF Military Justice: Sodomy.

(a) Any person subject to this chapter who engages in unnatural carnal copulation with another person of the same or opposite sex or with an animal is guilty of sodomy. Penetration , however slight, is sufficient to complete the offense.
(b) Any person found guilty of sodomy shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

The 19 year old me asked a lot of questions that day...I did not sleep well.

I was 11 and there was this distant uncle who stayed over at our house while my parents were out. While we were watching TV, he pulled down my PJs and started rubbing me. I was so confused and scared. But in that situation, you don't understand consent or rape. I did eventually tell my parents and we ex-communicated him. It did mess me up for a while and I was no good at talking to girls until university, but I finally got over it about that time.

If you're stressing out about your virginity, you don't have to. You can get outside and meet people. Get active. There is really no reason you can't get laid. Even if you are currently a wizard.

Bakercat

20 now. Still waiting.

EDIT: Also never had a girlfriend period. What are my odds within the next 10 years? I graduate college in 2.

Well, if I'm any indication you will. I never had kissed a girl or had a girlfriend until I was 21. It all just depends on being the right situation at the right time I guess.

rtcn63

That's creepy

I mean if you're an inexperienced ~30-year old who's never been intimate with anyone its not THAT creepy...ish. Shit everyone in my area over 25 is either married/in a long-term relationship/has kids. I'm not saying go uh... looking for sex specifically, but uh.... okay creepy sorta.

28, boyfriend is 33, both virgins prior to this, no penis-vagina/butt penetration has occurred yet although we've fooled around enough that I think wizardom is no longer an option for me.

Even if you do meet people it's still hard if you're autistic. I was going to hook up with a woman I met up with a few weeks ago but I screwed everything up when we first met up by acting really awkward and screwing up basic social norms (forgetting to say hi, doing a bad job of walking her to my apartment).
I've gotten pretty good at social norms but small talk kills me. I can't maintain an conversation for the life of me.

Mid twenties. First time was over the weekend and another girl watched.

Good to know these things... Weird how people define sex differently

rtcn63

I've gotten pretty good at social norms but small talk kills me. I can't maintain an conversation for the life of me.

Small talk doesn't actually exist. It's just people talking about themselves while the other nods, generally. Fake it til you make it applies.

Kthulhu

In 1999, the Kinsey Institute reported that only a slight majority of Americans over the age of 60 believed sex using a condom counted as sex. That means, many Olds think you can go buck wild having hot “not sex” with whoever you want because the purpose of that activity isn’t procreation. That explains why the casual sex rate at retirement homes is reportedly through the roof.

I could've gone the rest of my life without knowing this information. Or at least another 40-50 years. At least I know how the elderly let out their sexual frustration. Surprised they can even get it up.

oh god 20 is the point of no return?

We'll both become wizards together my boy.

Kthulhu

Still trying but it's real fucking hard to meet people when you have autism.

Preach.

I personally don't have a lot trouble meeting new people, but it's so hard for me to find women I'm actually attracted to. Maybe I need to get out more, it's so hard to find ways to socialize outside of work.

Top Bottom