• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game has better graphics: Hellblade 2 or Death Stranding 2?

Which game has better graphics?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matsuchezz

DS2 looks way better, we have only seen HB2 snippets, the giant demo was the most impressive one NT have shown. But nothing has been impressive from a Gameplay stand point nor the cinematics. The liquids simulation on DS2, the design, the scope s way more impressive than HB2's small corridors, and small number of characters. Kojimas productions has always been a graphic powerhouse and using decima even more. NT has been a decent developer graphic wise, and they are getting the results they are getting now thanks to UE5. But they are not that talented.
Looking the trailer again the sheer diversity of materials presented in DS2 makes it more impressive. There are close ups in DS to the skin that we can see the little crevices in the skin that we can't in HB2. I just took a look at the Developer direct on HB2 and the effects on the game have been downgraded. Iam working and I have no time nor the tools to compare the Game awards trailer from 2023, but there are scenes that appear on the DD, and they look inferior.

Last edited:
DS2 looks way better, we have only seen HB2 snippets, the giant demo was the most impressive one NT have shown. But nothing has been impressive from a Gameplay stand point nor the cinematics. The liquids simulation on DS2, the design, the scope s way more impressive than HB2's small corridors, and small number of characters. Kojimas productions has always been a graphic powerhouse and using decima evenmore. NT has been a decent developer graphic wise, and they are getting the results they are getting now thanks to UE5. But they are not that talented.
liquid simulation? what are you referring to?

marjo

the real question is...

Which game has better gameplay ?
Screenshot_142.jpg

Killjoy-NL

Yeah for some reason all I could think of was the opening scene when he cuts the body free. Strange way to describe water though, rather than just calling it water.
Fair enough. Liquid kinda threw me off as well.

Was rewatching the latest Hellblade 2 trailer and the part where she wades through water is really bad.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Liquid kinda threw me off as well.

Was rewatching the latest Hellblade 2 trailer and the part where she wades through water is really bad.
Hopefully they improve that, not too long to wait for HB2 anyway, hopefully it is actually a good game as well as visually impressive.

Hibs

DS2 looks way better, we have only seen HB2 snippets, the giant demo was the most impressive one NT have shown. But nothing has been impressive from a Gameplay stand point nor the cinematics. The liquids simulation on DS2, the design, the scope s way more impressive than HB2's small corridors, and small number of characters. Kojimas productions has always been a graphic powerhouse and using decima evenmore. NT has been a decent developer graphic wise, and they are getting the results they are getting now thanks to UE5. But they are not that talented.

Buckle Up Sean Bean GIF by Sony Pictures

Esppiral

I was expecting this thread, gaf never dissapoints.

That being said anyone expecting theses games to have the same fidelity during Gameplay and cinematics is dellusional... That goes for both games.

Lets wait until both are released and we can compare actual Gameplay, shall we?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
In game, gameplay: Hellblade 2
Cutscene: DS2

To me, Hellblade 2 is the best looking game I've ever seen. The lighting, shading, the textures, the animations, everything is just amazing. It represents the highest point reached to date in the linear story driven genre.

It's important to understand that these are very different games with very different goals. H2 is a tightly focused curated linear narrative experience. The visuals are incredibly polished but they also completely control the small set of areas you can enter and the camera angles you have access to.

DS2 has unparalled cinematics but in game the result is different. It’s huge sprawling open world game. You can explore massive areas and find all kinds of angles to look at the world. It's not curated the way H2 is.
We really haven't seen much of gameplay in either game for me to really give a good judgement. It's always these snippets and doesn't really give the viewers enough time to really see the game.

I assume both will look fantastic and I'm excited for both.

cormack12

Gold Member
I think we should wait until they're both released. They will both do things well. It's like trying to compare The Last of Us pt ii to Horizon Forbidden West

Gojiira

DS2 without a doubt, the fidelity while offering all those diverse biomes…Yeah way more ambitious than HB2, much more visually appealing too.

The latest Hellblade 2 trailer looked a little ’soft’ to me. The resolution seemed low. With that being said I think it may edge DS2 in overall visual presentation. Regardless, Hellblade doesn’t interest me in the slightest except as a visual showcase. DS2 on the other hand is the easiest day 1 purchase of my life. I expect many others likely feel the same.

The latest Hellblade 2 trailer looked a little ’soft’ to me. The resolution seemed low. With that being said I think it may edge DS2 in overall visual presentation. Regardless, Hellblade doesn’t interest me in the slightest except as a visual showcase. DS2 on the other hand is the easiest day 1 purchase of my life. I expect many others likely feel the same.
DS was hardly universally praised though, boring was a word I read frequently about it in fact.

gladdys

Wait till they’re out and play both on the same high end PC with no concessions. Then factor this is a subjective answer as well as everyone has their own tastes.

Crayon

The main thing they have in common is not being out yet. We've seen graphics can get better or worse in the final stretch.

Ozriel

M$FT
What do graphics have to do with this thread? Wut

I’ve made it clear I think this is a weird thread, but The question was, as presented on screen, which one looks better visually.

No idea why you’re going on about ‘confined spaces’ and talking about trickery used.

I’ve made it clear I think this is a weird thread, but The question was, as presented on screen, which one looks better visually.

No idea why you’re going on about ‘confined spaces’ and talking about trickery used.

Because a like to like comparison is traversing the outside world

And the visuals are simply significantly better in DS2 in this regard

Ozriel

M$FT
Because a like to like comparison is traversing the outside world

And the visuals are simply significantly better in DS2 in this regard

You don’t need a like-to-like comparison.

Nobody needed that when comparing visuals in games with art style as diverse as Ratchet and Clank, Kena, Forza Horizon 5 and Returnal for best graphics of 2021.

Use your eyes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom