• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why I decided to limit my 144Hz monitor to 60Hz... Even when hardware is more than enough.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Now if you want to save energy or limit temperature in the room, yea i get that. lots of people undervolt the 3080 because of that.

Yeah, undervolting my 3080 and my 5950x saves me about 150-200W. Relatively speaking that's a lot of fuggin heat.. And it runs quiet as a whisper playing COD at a stable ~220fps on my 240Hz monitor. What a time to be alive.

Last edited:

Banned
Then your display's response times must be so slow that it doesn't even matter and blurs it all the same. The sharper the motion clarity, the worse this phenomenon appears. It's still there on blurry LCD, it's just harder to notice. OLED and strobed backlight displays make it painfully obvious. It's why some people say playing 30 fps games on OLED hurts their eyes vs LCD.

not at all, the response time is pretty good. it barley blurs in either. worse than an OLED of course but still good. and that is without overdrive which this monitor also supports.

not at all, the response time is pretty good. it barley blurs in either. worse than an OLED of course but still good. and that is without overdrive which this monitor also supports.
What monitor do you have? I want to look up the real response time measurements for it.

Top Bottom