• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is no one talking about Exoprimal?

Labolas

After Street Fighter 6, it seems Capcom can do no wrong. So why is there no hype surrounding Exoprimal? The game has just released today and yet no one has really talking about it. The steam reviews are pretty low for a game released by AAA studio. The reviews on steam aren't that great as well.

ENJKJIl.png

MiguelItUp

It always had a vibe that felt off to me. It almost felt like a game that one of the devs REALLY wanted to do for a long time, so they finally let him do it knowing that it probably wouldn't do well. Maybe now was the time as they've been doing SO well that it won't affect their overall success.

They've had SO many players asking for a Dino Crisis remake. But then they make this, and even include a character that looks almost identical to Regina, which I thought was a strange move, lol.

But Capgods though. What happened to that. I thought Capcom was untouchable.
They had a period a years ago where they really weren't doing that well. It felt like the worst period for Capcom IMO. But then they came back in a huge way. One mediocre or below release won't affect them. The interest in it was already pretty niche.

Last edited:

Labolas

They had a period a years ago where they really weren't doing that well. It felt like the worst period for Capcom IMO. But then they came back in a huge way. One mediocre or below release won't affect them. The interest in it was already pretty niche.
Yeah I remember StreetxTekken, DmC, and MVCi. Real talk, the game isn't that bad. I am a bit surprised the game isn't doing well already.

MiguelItUp

Yeah I remember StreetxTekken, DmC, and MVCi. Real talk, the game isn't that bad. I am a bit surprised the game isn't doing well already.
Exactly. There was a period where a lot of people were like, "Yo, what's going on over at Capcom?...." Because for the longest Capcom did pretty damn well. They weren't really known to have a constant block of sinkers.

I figured it wouldn't be bad, just something that isn't for everyone. It felt like a pretty out there game for a select group of fans. I respect it though, it looked strange, and you don't see many AAA devs releasing something like that nowadays. What's odd is that they clearly felt pretty confident about it because they did so many livestream segments on it. But it never really felt like the majority were into it.

GHG

Because it's not a good game and they flat out knew it wasn't going to be a good game so didn't even bother to give it a pre-release push.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Gamepass is becoming the place mediocre games are dumped lol.

Has any good game debuted on Gamepass? Psychonauts 2?
Plague Tale Requiem was awesome.

Ori and Will of the Wisps I think was day and date too.

Atomic Heart was great to me, a lotta folks were luke warm on it. I really liked it though.

High on Life was awesome.

Pentiment is not my cup of tea but I've heard people say it was good.

The Ascent was troublesome on PC due to performance issues and honestly making my PC run really hot. But the game was fun for what I would allow myself to play.

Outriders was fun, I wouldn't say great, but it was still AAA and decent

Trying to mention games that aren't owned by Microsoft. Editing the list as I think of more.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Looked to me like a fun F2P game. Silly gimmick but I could imagine it being a laugh to play with friends.

Price point is just dumb though.

As part of GP, sure I can see it getting some traction. But at retail... you need to make a pitch that offers better value for money.

Last edited:

Edder1

Dinosaurs falling out of the sky? You serious? It's the epitome of uninspired and drab that has filled the industry at the moment.

Last edited:

ssringo

Capcom's continued efforts to make a multiplayer game is rather humorous. And they still refuse to (re)release Outbreak.

But Capgods though. What happened to that. I thought Capcom was untouchable.
I'll still take Capcom's library over

*checks list*

literally everyone else.

Drizzlehell

Banned
There's was a Steam review right at the top which explained that Capcom basically ignored everything that the community asked for during the beta and there is no pure PvE and no campaign, only mindless repetitive grind of PvP or that shitty hybrid PvEvP modes.

Unless they add some regular-ass PvE and campaign missions, I have zero interest in playing this game. The amount of content that they released at 60 dollar price tag is insulting to say the least.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
I thought it looked mediocre from that very first trailer, and seems that many others did too.

They can't all be grand slams.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
It's too bland

They could also do a better marketing. Game was announced like a big budget indie game

ShadowLag

Weird name that doesn't resonate or explain what the game is, generic and boring premise (fight dinosaurs or something pew pew) and next to zero marketing that I'm aware of. I actually had no idea it was even an online game, let alone a team-based one, until opening this thread - and I've seen trailers for it.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Dinosaurs falling out of the sky? You serious? It's the epitome of uninspired and drab that has filled the industry at the moment.
Actually it's a very fun and 90s concept that games should have. It's the PvP League of Legends type gameplay that seems to be trash.

nikos

It's a fun, low pressure (so far) multiplayer arcade shooter. Kind of feels like a modern old-school arcade game.

GOTY? No, but I'm willing to bet most people will shit on it without ever playing it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom