• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is no one talking about Exoprimal?

ZoukGalaxy

When I launched the game the RE ENGINE logo appeared and i got a little excited. I did not expect that to be the highlight of my time with the game.
Ouch
cat fight GIF

bender

What time is it?
If you haven't purchased this game on every platform available to you then you've failed Capgod's Dino Crisis test.

Pejo

I think it looks fun but I won't pay the current asking price for it and I'm not a member of gamepass, so I'll just wait.

Gambit2483

You can purchase Game Pass games. No excuses. No more begging for a Dino Crisis revival if you don't buy this game, all of the season passes and all of the in-game items.
"Purchase Gamepass games"..??

I hear the words but you're not making sense.

Griffon

When a multiplayer game isn't good enough to even salvage into a F2P model, you know it's deader than dead.

Capcom will grab the little sales they can get on release, and promptly forget it ever existed.

Last edited:

havoc00

When a multiplayer game isn't good enough to even salvage into a F2P model, you know it's deader than dead.

Capcom will grab the little sales they can get on release, and promptly forget it ever existed.
This will probably be dead by the end of august imo

It’s a shame because cool exosuits are one of my weaknesses along with mechs. Live Service games bore me and the game being $60 and then having to buy battle passes that expire and effectively cut me out of content that I purchased because I didn’t want to make playing the game into a second job makes the game an automatic “no buy.”

Additionally, the fact that they used drag queens to advertise their game was a huge red flag and I refuse to even touch the game because of it.

Last edited:
Insane take.

Game is fun, good performance and so far have not encountered a single bug.

You may not like it but this is bit Redfall. This game actually functions as it was intended.
We got 5 review codes so the whole team of editors played together. Game is trash sorry. 4/10 at best and you will see it soon in all reviews. Its about time we stop accepting mediocrity for $70 and hold these developers reponsible for releasing half cooked products with barebones things to do. When you pay AAA price, you expect some sort of quality behind it. Ye it can be fun...not $70 fun nor will it have any longevity. Trust me, this will be forgotten about in 2 months and lobbys will be empty in no time.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I thought we were already talking about it in the other threads ... I guess there's no OT ?

Raven77

I find it funny that you start your post wondering why on earth nobody is taking about the game, then go on to talk about how bad the reviews are...

I think you kind of answered your question, no?

Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Rykan

Oh, let's see: Multiplayer FPS made by a developer that has a track record of developing terrible multiplayer shooters, launched at full price so that it can compete with countless free multiplayer shooters from developers far more experienced and successful than they are.

Who would have expected this?

LRKD

I'm a whore for dino games, but it gave major Anthem vibes. GAAS that will die within a few months, not worth more than a few bucks. Done with online only games for the most part, its too annoying getting invested in something that will someday go offline completely, or even just compactly change to the devs wishes over time. Look at overwatch 2 changed everything to be inferior, and removed access to the original.

Zannegan

I like the absurd premise, like EDF with a budget, but the GaaS trappings have me sitting on the sidelines. That and I'm at a stage of life where I have to be more selective with my gaming time. It looks fun, but there are other games I'd want to check out first.

Bridges

We got 5 review codes so the whole team of editors played together. Game is trash sorry. 4/10 at best and you will see it soon in all reviews. Its about time we stop accepting mediocrity for $70 and hold these developers reponsible for releasing half cooked products with barebones things to do. When you pay AAA price, you expect some sort of quality behind it. Ye it can be fun...not $70 fun nor will it have any longevity. Trust me, this will be forgotten about in 2 months and lobbys will be empty in no time.
You're free to your opinion. I am having a good time with it and I just think the Redfall comparison is a bit ridiculous. I completely agree that it's not worth $70 (It's actually only $60 but not worth that either) and I also agree that it probably will not survive very long. But it is still a much more competent and complete game than Redfall.

It kind of reminds me of something Capcom would've released in the 360 days like Lost Planet 2.

It just doesn’t look like it would be anything fun. Very generic design and yet another GaaS grind fest focused on PvP for content. It’s not something anyone was asking for, and it isn’t unique enough to make people interested. Not at all surprised that nobody is playing or discussing the game itself.

It's a fun, low pressure (so far) multiplayer arcade shooter. Kind of feels like a modern old-school arcade game.

GOTY? No, but I'm willing to bet most people will shit on it without ever playing it.
After playing the final product for a bit, the bolded is a perfect description of what the game mostly is and what's happening here.

Also, there are some here giving misinformation. I'll clarify:

-You can gain more story bits(chips) even when losing.

-You have to go to the database and click on the lore chips to help push story progression along further. The goal is get to the center of the database map(escape plan). The lore chips are fully voiced as conversations between the main characters.

-There is literally an option to queue for PvE only right when selecting 'Dino Survival' (it unlocks after beating the very first tutorial mission) and you won't ever have play cart mode(where you have to fight each other to win at the end) if you don't want to ever again. The PvE mode does have you fight an enemy dino for a little bit(maybe 30-60 seconds?) at the very end, but otherwise it's a completely separated race between 2 teams. Also, raids where both teams combine are part of the PvE queue.

-Even if you are losing a PvE match and the other team finishes first, if you manage to finish within the time frame presented, they will still award you with a victory. It literally happened to me 5 minutes ago. Both teams won and both were awarded winner XP. You will get better XP based on good performance. If you're doing your job as a healer, tank, or dps, then you'll be rewarded with good XP.

-You only unlock additional skins, stickers, and icons through the battle pass. New character unlocks are on the free level system.

I'm not going to bother defending this game as it has it's apparent faults(and people make up their minds rather fast on this forum), but I will make corrections if needed just so that things are made clear and that misinformation isn't being spread.

There's no need to shit on a game using lies. Shit on it with truths instead.

MacReady13

Hmmmmm, I wonder why Capcom decided to release this particular game day 1 on game pass yet not quality games like Resident Evil 4.......???

MacReady13

It's a fun, low pressure (so far) multiplayer arcade shooter. Kind of feels like a modern old-school arcade game.

GOTY? No, but I'm willing to bet most people will shit on it without ever playing it.
I'll give it a go when it goes on sale real cheap (which going by impressions and therefore you'd assume, low sales numbers) will be very soon.

Freeman76

In this day and age u gotta do better than this. Its generic shite we've all played a million times before, and just another excuse to sell a battle pass.

Varteras

Gold Member
When a major third-party company releases a game Day 1 on a sub service, it's almost certainly because they had no faith in it actually selling. There was incredibly little marketing for it. What was shown of it made it fairly clear that this was Capcom throwing shit at the wall. No one is talking about it because there were too many signs of it being mediocre at best. The best chance this game has is being surprisingly good and managing to get people and publications talking about it later.

Top Bottom