• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Smith Banned from Attending Oscars Ceremony and Academy Events for 10 Years

GeekyDad

Sad Cry GIF by Team Coco

Bit harsh to be out thrown out of the Oscar house for 10 years.
No, doing time for assault would be harsh. This was merely a gesture, and a suitable one in my mind.

MaulerX

Last edited:
She even admitted she never wanted to marry him. He needs to break free of that toxic relationship ASAP

There's no divorcing Jada. The moment she catches a whiff of him leaving she's off with his kids, his money and half his future earnings. She'll probably throw some abuse allegations in there for good measure.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
There's no divorcing Jada. The moment she catches a whiff of him leaving she's off with his kids, his money and half his future earnings. She'll probably throw some abuse allegations in there for good measure.

Their kids are both legal adults. She can't take them with her.

Cyberpunkd

I'm not a particular fan of Mr. Smith's actions, but your daily reminder of Hollywood's love of pedophiles and rapists.

Everyone in that video knew Polanski's love of underage pussy, and just like Weinstein they kept their fucking mouths shut.

They're all complicit.

This. Polanski should have received a lifetime ban on all US awards. FFS, the guy never hid what he did, he escaped because he thought judge will order him to go to jail and that was ‘too steep of a punishment’.

Lol 10 years? Fucking hell. Did he put Chris in hospital?

The academy don't know what the fuck to do with this situation. They're just fucking up left and right and no surprises either considering they gave an award to a pedophile.

The Academy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

sircaw

Banned
Now everything makes sense.

He went from laughing at the joke to doing what he did because he's being controlled and abused by her.

He needs to do what's best for him.
Really seems like that woman has no respect for him.

And i know he was an idiot for what he did, but the deeper people dig, it seems like he is also a victim.

#FREE WILLY, erm ok that might not be the best hashtag to start.

Ionian

Honestly, she's emotionally abusing him. And somehow to many that's just fine.

Honestly, she's emotionally abusing him. And somehow to many that's just fine.

It doesn't justify his slap, but it does put it into context.

No context here. Scum is scum.

Dude laughed at a joke then slapped him for it.

Am i allowed to laugh then hit someone when the wife gives me a bad look?

Had a missus with the same. What's missing here is it effects more than hair. Can fuck up your ovaries.

Tams

Had a missus with the same. What's missing here is it effects more than hair. Can fuck up your ovaries.
Hmmm, showing as a double quote of me for some reason? Is that a bug from me ignoring someone (and if so, yeah well, I don't care for their opinion)?

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
What do you wanna bet, that if he told her he wanted a divorce she'd claim abuse? Amber Heard proved people will believe women NO MATTER WHAT.
Not only that, but if you're a man and on the receiving end of abuse you are fucked. I have been, you can't do anything. Nobody believes you, and if you leave you have to be prepared to face the consequemces of the threats you've heard regarding what will happen if you leave.

Also, if anyone doesn't believe how shit it is being a man suffering from abuse and nobody taking you seriously, just look at all the assholes in here who's only possible reaction is to call Will a cuck and make jokes about sloppy seconds and all the men his wife is boning.

Not only that, but if you're a man and on the receiving end of abuse you are fucked. I have been, you can't do anything. Nobody believes you, and if you leave you have to be prepared to face the consequemces of the threats you've heard regarding what will happen if you leave.

Also, if anyone doesn't believe how shit it is being a man suffering from abuse and nobody taking you seriously, just look at all the assholes in here who's only possible reaction is to call Will a cuck and make jokes about sloppy seconds and all the men his wife is boning.
Just look at Johnny Depp, there's still people on Heards side. He still hasn't gotten justice. I sure as fuck won't be watching Aquaman 2.

Ionian

Hmmm, showing as a double quote of me for some reason? Is that a bug from me ignoring someone (and if so, yeah well, I don't care for their opinion)?

My ex had alopecia and it fucked up her ovaries in the process. Obviously an underlying illness. She was very fucking sick and had to be flown to another part of Italy for treatment, numerous times. Cost her family a fortune.

Ignore me all you want, it happened. We're not together anymore but hope she's OK. Left her without hair and infertile which was devastating to her. That is a FACT.

She was the love of my life and it devastated both me and her family. Stick your ignore up your arse and go look up the condition. It's not just hair loss you clown.

Kimahri

Banned
Just look at Johnny Depp, there's still people on Heards side. He still hasn't gotten justice. I sure as fuck won't be watching Aquaman 2.
Yeah me neither. Or anything else from her. Very interested to see the outcome of Mason's case too. It's all pretty messed up.

Manson and Depp are close friends.

Heard and Wood are close friends.

So you have two friends accusing two friends of the same stuff, and the accusations are looking more and more suspect from every new detail.

Tams

My ex had alopecia and it fucked up her ovaries in the process. Obviously an underlying illness. She was very fucking sick and had to be flown to another part of Italy for treatment, numerous times. Cost her family a fortune.

Ignore me all you want, it happened. We're not together anymore but hope she's OK. Left her without hair and infertile which was devastating to her. That is a FACT.

She was the love of my life and it devastated both me and her family. Stick your ignore up your arse and go look up the condition. It's not just hair loss you clown.
Ummm, I'm not sure why you're having a go at me. I haven't mocked anyone's alopecia, even Will Smith's wife's.

I was talking about her mentally and emotionally abusing him.

So reel it in.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
The kids are adults now aren't they and no matter how much she takes he'll still be rich. I'd take tranquility, sanity and freedom over money.

The kids are adults now aren't they and no matter how much she takes he'll still be rich. I'd take tranquility, sanity and freedom over money.
This is true. But she’s clearly the kind of person who has no problem lying to destroy your life. And unscrupulous women have an enormous amount of power in these situations.

There’s also a chance that there have been some altercations considering just how manipulative and awful she appears to be. We are pretty much zero tolerance when it comes to domestic stuff and for good reason. That doesn’t mean that a decent person can’t be pushed beyond their limit by a terrible person. Doesn’t mean it’s right, but manipulative people can weaponize a person’s emotions and use them against them.

Ionian

Ummm, I'm not sure why you're having a go at me. I haven't mocked anyone's alopecia, even Will Smith's wife's.

I was talking about her mentally and emotionally abusing him.

So reel it in.

Reel what in? Read your own posts.

You had a go at me, you silly billy. I said nothing offensive, read your own posts.

Tams

Reel what in? Read your own posts.

You had a go at me, you silly billy. I said nothing offensive, read your own posts.
Reel in your anger over me mocking alopecia, because I didn't.

So read the posts yourself and reel in your anger. I think you're looking for someone to be angry at because of what you've been through.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
This is true. But she’s clearly the kind of person who has no problem lying to destroy your life. And unscrupulous women have an enormous amount of power in these situations.

There’s also a chance that there have been some altercations considering just how manipulative and awful she appears to be. We are pretty much zero tolerance when it comes to domestic stuff and for good reason. That doesn’t mean that a decent person can’t be pushed beyond their limit by a terrible person. Doesn’t mean it’s right, but manipulative people can weaponize a person’s emotions and use them against them.
I'm sure people will have sympathy for him even if she pushed him over the edge.

Top Bottom