• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Enhanced version on Next Gen and PC

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
did it release or not?
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

anthony2690

Gold Member
Don't tell me I just spent 10€ for a shitty 30 FPS port. :messenger_loudly_crying:
What platform you on?

On series X if you put performance mode on, it is rock solid 60fps and dynamic resolution from 4k -1280p I believe.

Looks great, I was watching my dad play it the other day.

Gudji

What platform you on?

On series X if you put performance mode on, it is rock solid 60fps and dynamic resolution from 4k -1280p I believe.

Looks great, I was watching my dad play it the other day.
PS5. I own the game on PC but my GPU is shite atm so can't really play it.

Last edited:
I wasn’t aware they were going that far. Or is that just what people want it to be?

No, that's what it is according to CDPR.

They promised ray tracing (don't know how extensive), faster loading times, improved textures and lighting, better character models etc. I've heard they even worked on improving facial animation.

Should be really good but then again, they've been radio silent on this for quite some time.

anthony2690

Gold Member
I have it on all 3 and find the XB version the overall best because...

PC doesn't have HDR
XB version has HDR and is 60fps 1080pish.

No idea how accurate vgtech is, but he claims it's 60fps 1350p-1944p? Plus you get the faster loading too, from base systems what is always a blessing :)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I have it on all 3 and find the XB version the overall best because...

PC doesn't have HDR
XB version has HDR and is 60fps 1080pish.

On Series X the 60 FPS mode is generally running a very high resolution thanks to being on the high end of DRS and it is a 100% locked 60 FPS. If you have that console, it's a great way to replay the game now if the patch is FUBAR.

This is from VGTECH:

Xbox Series X running the Xbox One X version in Performance Mode via backwards compatibility uses a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being approximately 3456x1944 and the lowest resolution found being approximately 2400x1350.

Last edited:

Esppiral

I've been holding on finishing it since forever, first I awaited for the One X enhancement, when I decided to play it they announced the next gen patch..... Wonder if I'll ever play it lol.

A.Romero

The base game performs like this, it's not that difficult to run well:

the-witcher-3-2560-1440.png

the-witcher-3-3840-2160.png

Not tried that combination of mods yet myself but if you're targeting 60fps @ 4k then most likely a 2080 ti and above to provide the necessary headroom (5700xt for 1440p 60fps).

Thanks. Witcher 3 is my most played game on Steam and really feel like giving it another go. Waiting for the remaster but that video was insane, good enough for another playthrough.

T-Cake

What’s this supposed to show?

To me it looks like The Witcher 3 (if it's the new version) gets a new SKU rather than just an X|S patch to the old version. Alternatively it could be a complete troll and the user is downloading The Witcher 3 base game and The Witcher 3 Game of the Year edition which are two different SKUs (I think).

ebevan91

Not sure if I want to get this on PC (again) or on PS5 this time. I've been wanting to replay it but stopped once they announced the next gen version.

Esppiral

I downloaded the game as soon as I read this thread and 2 versions of TW3 appeared on my games tab so I assumed it was the XSX version, but once downloaded.. nope no update, it may be a glitch it is the standard version of the game.

Edit: Relax folks I was not trolling....

Last edited:
Top Bottom