• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 04•08-10•16 - Melissa (not Martha) puts end to Bats v Supes sausage fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It boggles the mind.

Do you think people really don't get it-or are they just retroactively changing history in their mind when they say stuff like this?

Little from both baskets, probably. I mean, people love being able to say they called something, even if they didn't. It's not just movies. People were always at the game when the home run got knocked, Always 15-20 more people at the party where dude got a drink dumped down his pants, that sorta thing.

Combine that with basic forum inclinations to appear just a smidge more in the know than one actually is, and you end up with this kind of shit.

Dai101

Banned
Y'all playboys just now getting ya Marvel checks? I been getting them shits signed by Kevin Feige himself since Iron Man 2 came out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs6kT_0H1MI

ALfmcBc.gif

How many of those subs are gaffers, I wonder.

All of 'em.

Nokterian

Hardcore Henry tanked, Jesus.

Too bad, it's an entertainingly odd action movie.

Word of mouth will get it around and it isn't out yet in EU. Seeing diverse reviews like Angry Joe,Good Bad Flicks and Double Toasted they really liked it and i am going to see it also.

Word of mouth will get it around and it isn't out yet in EU. Seeing diverse reviews like Angry Joe,Good Bad Flicks and Double Toasted they really liked it and i am going to see it also.

Poor Angry Joe. Guy clearly wanted to like BvS but even he was forced to give it a 6/10.

Shit. Thats great.

Is it just a good movie or is it as good as Winter Soldier?
The majority say it's a little below Winter Soldier but they all say the airport battle is one of the best superhero action scenes they've ever seen. And Spider-Man and Black Panther steal the show.

Good, just like the early impressions for BvS, and The Hobbit, and every other major, fandom-heavy blockbuster movie, regardless of quality.
The difference between this and BvS is the early positive impressions for BvS were from fans while CW is from critics, who were the same critics that destroyed BvS.

3N16MA

Banned
Bobby getting Disney money.

How do I get FOX to start sending me cheques? I'm willing to claim Gambit will be the greatest superhero film for the right price.

Bobby getting Disney money.

How do I get FOX to start sending me cheques? I'm willing to claim Gambit will be the greatest superhero film for the right price.

gambit aint shit but between doug liman, channing tatum and unlimited "mon cheri" drops in the script I think it has a good chance of being fun possibly.

3N16MA

Banned
You touched on something I've been wondering myself. It is 2016, and WW, Aquaman, etc, aren't growing in popularity. At the rate Marvel is killing it, how soon before Ant-Man is more of a household name than Wonder Woman? Is this even possible? Before BvS I would've said no but now...

I believe that certain superheros still carry brand recognition from their comic history. It is the reason why a film featuring Batman and Superman can get torn to pieces and still gross 800M+. However that can only go so far and it starts to have less of an impact if the film is not well received.

Kids are growing up and learning about superheroes through film. Ant-Man is a name that is well known to those who grew up with comics but was never considered a top tier character on par with the bigger names (neither was Iron Man). If Marvel continues to build Ant-Man and DC somehow screws up WW, then he may be a bigger name in the future to those same kids.

I bet if you talk to the average kid, teen, young adult they would know more about Iron Man than Wonder Woman. Probably not the case 30 years ago. Marvel plucked a 2nd tier character and made him one of the biggest names.

DC's heroes seem more iconic, in the way Mickey Mouse is. Obviously Batman and Superman are up there, but even Wonder Woman and to some extent, Flash and Green Lantern. People know who they are. People buy shirts and coffee mugs with their logos on them. But even the people that do probably don't know a whole lot about them in terms of canon and storylines.

Bronx-Man

Banned
DC's heroes seem more iconic, in the way Mickey Mouse is. Obviously Batman and Superman are up there, but even Wonder Woman and to some extent, Flash and Green Lantern. People know who they are. People buy shirts and coffee mugs with their logos on them. But even the people that do probably don't know a whole lot about them in terms of canon and storylines.
DC themselves barely know what's canon for Wonder Woman and what isn't.

Eh times have changed. Like folks saying Deadpool is a cult character. Since when? Deadpool has been HUGE with the nerd community for nearly a decade now and ever growing in popularity before the movie ever hit. Superman, Batman, etc have had their time for a long time now, but people do know who Deadpool is and such, its not like he was an obscure character when the film came out, and way past just cult status.

If anything, Deadpool was more popular and well known when his movie came out compared to Iron Man was when he got his movie. Iron Man was never a huge character and was always b-lister at best at Marvel back then. Supes and such are classics, but new generation of fans and heroes are in the limelight now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom