• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 06•30-07•02•17 - Audiences want the D3, don't put Baby in corner but 2nd,

Re-watched Doctor Strange last night and COMPLETELY forgot the stinger teases his appearance in Thor: Ragnarok.

Thor, Loki, and Doctor Strange fooling around on Earth, then a Thor and Hulk buddy comedy up in space.

Yeah, this movie is going to make a killing.

Slayven

Re-watched Doctor Strange last night and COMPLETELY forgot the stinger teases his appearance in Thor: Ragnarok.

Thor, Loki, and Doctor Strange fooling around on Earth, then a Thor and Hulk buddy comedy up in space.

I still need to watch strange, keep forgetting that.

Shaanyboi

Banned

I don't think i saw anyone mention that he's totes wearing his yellow gloves in that scene too

I don't think i saw anyone mention that he's totes wearing his yellow gloves in that scene too
The rest of his costume is closer to the classic one too
chris_hemsworth_benedict_cumberbatch_-_doctor_strange_-_h_2017.jpg

BumRush

I'll be honest... I liked, but didn't love Thor. I thought Thor 2 was exceptionally mediocre.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't insanely excited for Thor 3

J_Viper

I'll be honest... I liked, but didn't love Thor. I thought Thor 2 was exceptionally mediocre.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't insanely excited for Thor 3

I think most would agree with all this

Except I think the first Thor is an all around great time

Noticed that last night too. Cute little detail that I'm glad they added.

I still need to watch strange, keep forgetting that.

The movie itself is a good enough rehash of the Iron Man-esque story, but the visuals are NUTS and some of the most creative I've ever seen. The animation team absolutely deserved every Oscar they didn't win on that.

Lima

For some reason I'm watching that Frankenstein movie with Daniel Radcliffe on Sky right now and I can't stop laughing because he looks ridiculous lol. Terrible

I will see thor, my sister loves Thor. I still say Marvel made a major coup by making the infinity gems a house hold name that from 8 to 80 can talk about

If they tease Beta Ray Bill being in it you would be there day one, sister or not.

And just got home from Spider-Man. Damn, that was a lot of fun.

While we are on the topic of Marvel I wonder when they are finally going to start talking about Captain Marvel.

I guess Comic-Con?

Marvel seems to work on a 3 film promotion cycle. Now that Spider-Man's out of the way they'll probably be focusing on Thor, Black Panther, and starting on Infinity War.

While we are on the topic of Marvel I wonder when they are finally going to start talking about Captain Marvel.

I guess Comic-Con?

Isn't D23 this year? And don't they barely do Comic-Con when they do D23? Also, we apparently just got news today that Fury's gonna play a decent part in the movie, but I expect only casting news to come out this year, with any talk about the plot or general ideas about the movie holding off until early next year.

Kswis, explain!

From the Deadline article:

At $13M-plus, Homecoming is ahead of such Thursday preview nights as Deadpool ($12.7M), Guardians of the Galaxy ($11.2M), Wonder Woman ($11M), Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($10.2M, 2014), Spider-Man 3 ($10M, 2007), Doctor Strange ($9.4M, 2016) and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($8.7M, 2014).

Deadpool, which churned out a first day of $47.3M and three-day weekend of $132.4M, is an outsider in regards to comps. It was a box office anomaly as a R-rated superhero comedy and its business was further fueled by Valentine’s/Presidents’ Day foot traffic. The Thursday nights of Wonder Woman, Winter Soldier and GOTG repped close to a third of their Friday business which ranged from $36.9M to the low $38M. Out of those three, Wonder Woman earned a $103.2M opening; its business spurred largely by young and old females who were yearning to finally see their favorite classic superhero on the big screen. Meanwhile, GOTG and Winter Solder opened to $94M-$95M. It’s still too early to determine if Homecoming cracks triple digits. Saturday could tell a different story. Homecoming has the benefit of being more family-friendly than the dark Andrew Garfield titles and the edgy Sam Raimi pics. That quality could work to Homecoming‘s benefit during matinees versus being frontloaded like other Marvel movies. Out of all the comps we listed above, Homecoming has the best reviews with a certified fresh Rotten Tomatoes rating of 93%. That’s the second-best reviewed Spider-Man title after 2004’s Spider-Man 2 (94%) and it’s a complete improvement over Amazing Spider-Man 2 which earned the worst reviews in the six-pic series at 52% Rotten.

Boxofficemojo had an estimate for 110 million but that was without weekend previews. I think with the previews, anything below 90 million is unlikely and we are now looking at 110+ million.

FTF

On pace for about a $115m ow or so...which is ironically (coincidentally?) the same OW as the first SM movie 15 years ago.

Slayven

If they tease Beta Ray Bill being in it you would be there day one, sister or not.

And just got home from Spider-Man. Damn, that was a lot of fun.

Real talk if they have Beta Ray Bill every other company might as well retire their comic book movies, cause no way they could top that

Top Bottom