• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worldwide Vita Sales Revealed in Sony Earnings Call (1.8 million)

Like 4 million shipped, so you'd be wrong lol

I uh... what? That's not the problem with joysticks protruding from a portable console, it's the fact that they're sticks and they're constantly going to snag, drag, get beat up, roughed up, dropped, etc. *shakes head*
No I have mine on me every day in & out of the house with none of that going on.
Shake your head all you want bruh I have no problems raw doggin my Vita.

Vita has a perfect design even for someone in my condition I have multiple arthritc disabilities & can't play 3ds for 10 minutes. Also Vita is godly with its pick up & play sleep mode would like 3ds to have a similar one so I can drop in & out of a game at any time like a bookmark & pick up where I left off even weeks later.

Birathen

Vita has a perfect design even for someone in my condition I have multiple arthritc disabilities & can't play 3ds for 10 minutes. Also Vita is godly with its pick up & play sleep mode would like 3ds to have a similar one so I can drop in & out of a game at any time like a bookmark & pick up where I left off even weeks later.

I think the 3ds has that? If you just close it I think it goes into sleep and when you open it it resumes the game were you left off. Atleast it Does in monster hunter.

Into

"A game platform, like Vita – the software is the key to success, how good the software is," he said. "We have to reinforce the software area in order to improve the business, that is the basic line.

Well i do not think anyone can disagree with this statement, but where is the software? None of the games on Vita have mass appeal, except maybe Uncharted and that weak port of Call of Duty.

If Sony themselves cannot be bothered to announce big titles like Gran Turismo, then why would third parties? GTA? Monster Hunter?

Sure there is still time, but perhaps its better to just focus on the PS4 and accept defeat in the handheld market.

So can we even do a good guesstimate on Vita? Think it managed to do 3.6 million LTD worldwide?

Shipped?
Maybe, that sounds reasonable to me.

Sold-through?
It seems a tad too high to me, since LTD in Japan is around 1.5m, and that would leave 2.1m for the rest of the world.
For sure the fact that Sony is not sharing numbers doesn't bode well for Vita.

AniHawk

Shipped?
Maybe, that sounds reasonable.

Sold-through?
It seems a tad too high to me, since LTD in Japan is around 1.5m, and that would leave 2.1m for the rest of the world.

there are 1.3m sold in the us. japan + us would make clear 3m in shipments on their own. i think shipment numbers may be closer to 5.5-6m or so.

there are 1.3m sold in the us. japan + us would make clear 3m in shipments on their own. i think shipment numbers may be closer to 5.5-6m or so.

1.3m in U.S.?
Was that sold-through and not shipped?
Sounds not bad when compared to Japan sales, if it so I stand corrected, worldwide LTD maybe be something between 3.6m/4m.

No I have mine on me every day in & out of the house with none of that going on.
Shake your head all you want bruh I have no problems raw doggin my Vita.

36329607.jpg

Hoookay man, I'm sure you... physically love your Vita, but I think for the rest of the entire world, we'd enjoy a design that isn't as prone to damage... like the clam shell design.

Latest figures we got is 2.2m sold/shipped as of June 30, 2012 (Sony 2012 Q1). We also know that Sony sold/shipped 5.6m for the rest of that FY. Assuming that the Vita made at least half of that number (5.6m), the Vita should be at 5m+ I think.

Detox

Like 4 million shipped, so you'd be wrong lol

I uh... what? That's not the problem with joysticks protruding from a portable console, it's the fact that they're sticks and they're constantly going to snag, drag, get beat up, roughed up, dropped, etc. *shakes head*
Exactly they should have gone with the same design as Go but the sticks would pop out when you twist them. Would have been godlike

goomba

Banned

LOL even the DS did that... just put the top screen down and it sleeps...

solarus

Exclusive Games + price drop + redesign so i can use sd cards like the 3ds instead of cards that cost 4x more= perfection

Top Bottom