• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you rate Sony's reveal event even higher now after watching the other ones?

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
Sony had a good event, no question. But it's wasn't like a homerun. They did several E3 or PSX events that were far better.

But as the other events were poor or average, now we should give more points to Sony ? Hell no ( with Stephen A voice ) ! Their events had few gameplay, like so many others, so that was disappointing.

The "only" great event fron the Summer was the DC Fandome.

Kokoloko85

It wasn’t Sony’s best show by far but yeah it was better than all these other ones.

Playstation actually announced new next gen exclusive titles and showed gameplay Running on the machine.... anyone else do the same?

Bring back E3.
Having companies choose there timing and shows to scatter around 3 months of summer sucks ass

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
Every frame you saw at that event was rendered in real-time on a PS5 devkit, that's awesome and honest, giving us a true look at what we can expect.
No CGI trash or PC footage or shitty cringe videos like Bioware jfl.
They had by far the most impressive game with Horizon FW, nothing else coming close (not like they tried I guess).
Demon's Souls fuck yeah I guess if you're a casual you don't care.
Also, Cerny's voice.

Last edited:

GymWolf

No, it's still a 6,5-7 event with barely any long gameplay for the big titles (or even the smaller ones).

Dorito boy's show being utter shit doesn't change that.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
I thought the PS5 showcase was great at the time. My opinion hasn't changed based off of anything else.

Hunnybun

I thought the PS5 event was excellent.

You could point to a slight lack of gameplay, but I feel like that's more of a problem in hindsight given the dearth of information since then. What they showed at the event was a perfectly good introduction to a console, it's just weird they've not followed up with more detailed demos.

This idea that it was shit or even somehow as bad as the Xbox showing is fucking ridiculous.

Top Bottom