• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you want a sequel to Shadow of the Colossus?

Shadow of the Colossus 2?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe idk

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Have you not heard of The Last Guardian?

I sure as hell wouldn't mind another game in the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus universe. Hell, I don't really care, I'd just love to have another unique and amazing adventure like all Team Ico games. I'd really love to see them rerelease their trilogy of games on modern hardware. I think all their games, while massively respected at the industry level, didn't receive nearly the adulation they deserve from the general gaming populous.

Haggard

Banned
I'd love to have one but I hope it will never get made because the chances to fuck this up are colossal.

Handel

Ico is technically the sequel in terms of being in the same world at a later point, with the horned boys that Ico is one of having descended from the baby Wander turns into at the end of SOTC.

In terms of a more direct sequel, I wouldn't want one to any of Ueda's titles, they're all self-contained masterpieces. A game with similar features but some new unique aspects would be nice though.

Shifty1897

It should be a prequel and play nothing like the first game. Maybe an action adventure game or JRPG, show us how Wander steals the sword, show us the love story between Wander and the girl, show us how Agro and Wander met and bonded. Show us what killed the girlfriend. Show us the priesthood that protected Dormin from being reawakened Lastly, show us the journey to the forbidden land.

RhyDin

Maybe on PC. With Last Guardian's history of being stuck in developmental hell (remember, The Last Guardian was originally supposed to be a PS3 title and got delayed to PS4) and these titles not having a quality framerate, I've grown weary.

No, leave it alone.

But bluepoint games, it sure would be swell to get a PS5 patch for 4k60 and fix the texture loading issues.

Keihart

Please don't.
Its a trilogy and its perfect like that.

Sadly, as much as i would want a new game on that universe, i don't see Ueda having the same quality team or budget as they did when at Japan Studios, so chasing a sequel to those games seems foolish without those resources.

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

I don’t think Shadow of the Colossus needs a sequel. It feels very complete as is.

I’d be lying though if I said I wouldn’t want an endless supply of varied Colossi to slay. The designs of them were incredible, some of the best memories in gaming to this day.

Yoboman

Not SOTC but I would like Ueda to take on the more open world adventure again, however that ends up looking

SSfox

Not necessarily, but welcome more games from Ueda, but since he's with Epic don't have much hopes, he's much better with Sony, and the latest wasn't very smart to let this guy go.

Last edited:

skit_data

I think it’s a good story that feels complete in of itself so a sequel could only lessen the impact.

Maybe there could be some sort of prequel that explains the story how Wander found the way into the forbidden land and how Mono died but it also feels a bit unnecessary.

lem0n

My answer really depends on whether or not this sequel could be kept safe from modern gaming bullshit.

Yes, I'd like a sequel if they were left to their own devices to make something beautiful with infinite budget, all the time they needed, and no pressure from Sony.

No if they tried to implement monetization, DLC, or multiplayer. Or tried to rEiNvEnT the original.

But like even in a perfect world, do we really need to revisit SoTC? It was such a wonderful story/experience, maybe we should just leave it be.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Better graphics as in more detailed and lush environments. Maybe better controls, less underwater monsters °÷P

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Nope. The remake was great, and it wraps up nicely in a neat package the way it is. I’d take more games in-universe like Ico and TLG but not a direct sequel

Wohc

Banned
Poll should have two options for no:
- because it sucked
- because it was so perfect, another game could only harm it's legacy

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Hell no, leave it be.

Also lmao at the idea of Bluepoint being able to develop a sequel that makes the first game justice.

yurinka

Nah, I think it's ok as it is.

But I'd remake Ico, would release a next gen patch and a sequel of The Last Guardian.

Last edited:

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
I’d rather experience this incredible game via PSVR2. Can’t even begin to imagine the shear size of those creatures. Oh and The last guardian psvr2 pls

reezoo

ICO remake needs to happen first. That game deserves as much love as SOTC. Now that wider audience knows about Fumito Ueda’s work it will do well.

Top Bottom