• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamers and Nintendo fans - would you want Nintendo to be acquired?

Do you want Nintendo to get acquired?

• Yes, by Microsoft

Votes: 27 6.0%
  • Yes, by Sony

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • Yes, by Apple

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Yes, by Amazon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, by Google

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, by Tencent

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Yes, by someone not listed

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • No

Votes: 390 87.2%

• Total voters

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Anything can happen, but I have strong convictions that it won't.

Maybe by a japanese company if hell freezer over. Microsoft? Not even then. Pretty much impossible.

Fuck no! And to those who unironically voted for MS, Sony or Apple in this poll:

squarealex

That's never happen, but...

If the worst happen. the best way is a consolidation with Sony and vice-versa.

After all, PlayStation is a child made by Nintendo. These are the two oldest and popular manufacturers

tkscz

Why? This wouldn't really work for anyone. People who like Nintendo like them for the style of games they put out. Give them to anyone else and that changes.

Would Sony be willing to publish a Mario, Donkey Kong or Pikmin?

Would Microsoft's audience even want Nintendo game?

Would Google or Tencent focus on more mobile games using the IP?

I just don't see a point in it.

Majukun

not really, for how much i would like nintendo stuff on pc, they have their own way to do things and it works...they would lose their identity working under someone else

danklord

Gold Member
The hubris of Microsoft to not understand Nintendo's mastery of product and software synergry is astounding. They aren't just a unique game studio, they are battle tested -- the oldest enduring gaming brand -- and they continue to put up historic numbers.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Nope. Nintendo's software lineup is second to none and one of the only one where the graphics parasite hasn't taken over the HW (yet).

zeldaring

Banned
Nintendo makes a lot more money on their software/hardware strategy than they would from opening the PC floodgates
lol i doubt releasing ports 1 or 2 years after release on pc would hurt them. sony is still selling ps5's like crazy, and they don't even have a handheld.

I wouldn’t mind Microsoft buying them. It would crazy to be able to play Pokémon, Mario, and Zelda on Xbox/PC. And nobody can complain about those games not coming to PlayStation. They already aren’t on PlayStation. You wanna play them then buy an Xbox/PC. Nothing really has to change.

I would be sad to see the Switch disappear though. Maybe Microsoft would keep it alive in some form by integrating it with Xbox.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
Nintendo is pretty much the sole reason I'm still into this hobby, so I'm going to go for a big No here.

In fact, I'd like it to be other way around. Nintendo should acquire KoeiTecmo, a couple of AA studio's from SquareEnix, and a few smaller studio's that have traditionally worked a lot with them and just keep doing what they have been doing for decades. I'd be a happy gamer for all eternity.

You guys can have the big AAA terraflopping games and fight over who's plastic box is better

Unknown?

I wouldn’t mind Microsoft buying them. It would crazy to be able to play Pokémon, Mario, and Zelda on Xbox/PC. And nobody can complain about those games not coming to PlayStation. They already aren’t on PlayStation. You wanna play them then buy an Xbox/PC. Nothing really has to change.

I would be sad to see the Switch disappear though. Maybe Microsoft would keep it alive in some form by integrating it with Xbox.
Lol!

BlackTron

The thing is though if we had Mario and Zelda on Xbox would we want to play it anymore? Nintendo is more than just a stable of IPs you know. They all mean something because of how they use them. Based on current events having Nintendo IPs owned and managed by MS is a recipe for disaster that would likely shed the diamond status of the brands in under 1-2 gens

Emedan

Nintendo is the only big one still making actual complete games, no thanks. I don't want GAAS and loot boxes.

Tams

Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

Kataploom

Gold Member
Nobody runs Nintendo not make as good as Nintendo does. If any company was too be trusted to understand Nintendo know how, they'd be doing so themselves

Top Bottom