• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 Brochure leak

PhatSaqs

Banned
Courtesy of http://www.planetxbox360.com/.
Confirms wired controllers works with XP PCs.

accessories1.jpg

Mrbob

Wow a HD puzzle game!

Glad to see the Play and Charge kit is including the battery now.

Since Xbox 360 controllers work with the PC I'd rather have a wired controller than a wireless in the premium pack! GIVE ME CHOICES MS. :p

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
What really needs to be said is the rechargable battery pack isn't a raping after all. $20 and it comes with the cable.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
X360 faceplates available at participating retail kiosks

So what, we can stick $20 bills into a machine that spits out a faceplate?

So here's a question...If I get the wireless controller and the playncharge thing...that's like a normal controller then? As in, it can be used with an XP PC?

And no, I don't expect anyone to know the answer.

PhatSaqs

Banned
rusty said:
So here's a question...If I get the wireless controller and the playncharge thing...that's like a normal controller then? As in, it can be used with an XP PC?

And no, I don't expect anyone to know the answer.
Assuming it's just a USB cable, yes.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Wario64 said:
X360 faceplates available at participating retail kiosks

So what, we can stick $20 bills into a machine that spits out a faceplate?

dashboard themes, not faceplates. downloadable to the memory card?

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
DCX said:
Looks cool, wired pad works with XP huh....sweet...

DCX

that is pretty cool, and it really increases the value of the controller IMO.

It's pretty tough to find a console-quality gamepad for the PC.

DCX

DCX
Nerevar said:
that is pretty cool, and it really increases the value of the controller IMO.

It's pretty tough to find a console-quality gamepad for the PC.
I know tell me about it, i still have old Sidewinders as my gamepads :p I think i might upgrade with 2 wired pads and use them as additional pads for 360 of course : :D

DCX

Hah, it looks like they want you to get both the HDD and a memory card. HDD for backwards compatibility and a memory card for kiosk DLC. Sucks there are exlusive features for different storage accessories.

aparisi2274

So what are you getting in the $399 pack again:

System,
Wireless controller
memory Card
HDD
ENET cable

What video cable do you get?

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
ToxicAdam said:
It's definitely cool that the pads are XP compatible But I can't think of a PC game I would need one for (roms?).

pirate.jpg

yarrr!

aparisi2274 said:
So what are you getting in the $399 pack again:

System,
Wireless controller
memory Card
HDD
ENET cable

What video cable do you get?

Wait, are you sure you get a memory card with the 360 value pack? I thought it was just a HDD.

And you get the HD cables (which work with standard composite cable outlets as well).

dorio

Banned
Looks like the main reason for the core pack was because if they included a hard drive people would have expected bc and they didn't want the money for the nvidia license fee to come out of their pocket.

Still don't understand how with all the developer complaints about the performance of the in order xenon that this thing will be able to emulate an out of order processor for bc.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Thats so cool that the controller works with XP:D, MS get +1, so now that puts them at -999

Seth C

It's really too bad that the $399 pack comes with the crappy remote instead of the real one. There goes $30 of the "value" of that package, as I'll need the one with media center functionality.

rastex

Banned
AndreasNystrom said:
and if you could mount an internal ordinary HDD instead, you would get over 100GB for that price..

:(

I'm still waiting to see if you can use external USB HDD or networked PCs to save games/dlc etc because if so, then the core pack is actually not bad at all, especially the compatibility with XP PCs.

dorio

Banned
Seth C said:
It's really too bad that the $399 pack comes with the crappy remote instead of the real one. There goes $30 of the "value" of that package, as I'll need the one with media center functionality.
I won't need the media center functionality, does the mini-remote allow you to control dvd playback.

Seth C

dorio said:
I won't need the media center functionality, does the mini-remote allow you to control dvd playback.

Yeah, it should control all the basic functions of the 360 dashboard, including DVD playback.

Get a cheap PSX-USB adapter and lock in one of those old PSOne Dual Shock controllers you've got lying around. Works excellent with PCs.

No matter how you spin it, though, there is NO FUCKING WAY a cheap Wi-Fi adapter should cost $99. There is pretty much zero reason why this thing shouldn't be 30-40 dollars tops.

Top Bottom