• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL Ultimate Game Sale starts tomorrow

ohlawd

About that Persia game

I'm a total casual so I only finished SoT and stopped WW 3 hours in cuz that shit reeked and I wrote the series off thereafter

Is it any good?

Forgotten Sands is great and a no-brainer at that price. May bite on Ghosts as I rather use Gamestop money than my Amazon credit.

Montresor

So the only Prince of Persia game I've played is the 2008 game, which I actually really enjoyed. I also have played and enjoyed the first few Assassin's Creed games. Would I like Forgotten Sands?

I think you would. It has a forgettable story, boring and awful melee combat, and no chapter select and TONS of missable achievements. But the game's platforming and puzzles are nice and wortha playthrough, especially at $5. The game's absolute biggest strength lies in the freezing/unfreezing of water. It's the main puzzle / game play mechanic in the game. You use a button to freeze/unfreeze water. I.E., imagine a water spout along a wall shooting a small, steady stream of water. You jump towards that stream of water and then freeze water JUST as you are approaching it - boom, you're now grappling onto an icicle shaped like a pole and swinging across it. They add clever puzzles forcing you to freeze/unfreeze water multiple times in mid-air. I.E. imagine you are still swinging on that frozen icicle, and but in between you and your next platform, there is a 9foot-by-9foot solid sheet of ice. You'll need to jump off the frozen icicle pole, and then mid-jump, unfreeze water, so that you go straight through that 9foot-by-9foot solid sheet of ice (and that solid sheet of ice would instead become a small waterfall, since you unfroze water in the environment).

It's not a great game but the platforming is fun.

Apparently the discount for Dead Rising Off the Record hasn't gone live yet, when the discount goes through it should be priced around $6.80

GoxRx

I really want to buy the TWD S2 season pass but it does not include the first episode(and it costs $5)

MS should have included the first episode as part of the sale

im_dany

I really want to buy the TWD S2 season pass but it does not include the first episode(and it costs $5)

MS sent out codes for the 1st episode to random ppl on Xbox Live, maybe you can find a code for cheaper.

Rivitur

Banned
Absolutely not. They screwed PS360 players so badly.
The update is still coming for 360 check their tweets but for now I recommend getting it on PC.

For anyone who's only option is 360 I say get it. It is still loads of fun with friends. (Don't be that guy who says it's shit and only played offline with bots)

Cipher

If you really want to play it on 360 I say get the pass at that discounted price and either wait for a deal on the first episode or buy the first episode at full price. If you do the latter you'll still be getting season 2 for like half the price.

B4D1E

Seeing some good comments here, and being only 3€, I just bought Forgotten Sands!

Let's hope MS step up their game for the last days!!!

chrizzz09

Does someone know what the game for tomorrow is?

First I thought it could be Tomb Raider, but the face doesn't correspond quite well.

Feindflug

payday2. yay or nay?

The game is a fuckin' mess technically so you better download the demo before buying the game.

Bioshock Infinite?

I'd like to get this since I still haven't played it but I have only 5e in my account and I doubt it will get discounted that much.

This sale is really weak so far IMO, both in terms of game selection and especially prices.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ok what am I looking at here with all these Serious Sam games?

1. Serious HD is the main game and The Second Encouter is the expansion for that game?

2. Serious Sam 3 BFE is the main game and Jewel of the Nile is the expansion for that game?

Are these two games connected?
Where is Serious Sam 2?

Other than these deals being less than stellar I find it frustrating that DMC4 and now Dead Rising 2: Off the Record are both games that I wanted but don't have the correct price for me. DMC4 is $7.49 and DR2: OtR is $19.99.
Lame.

I was really hoping for a DeathSpank sale too. I played and loved the first game. And the second and third have never been on sale. Not once.

Hyunkel6

So is Dead Rising 2 Off the Record basically Dead Rising 2 with Frank West?

At least same content?
There are some new weapons and items, but yeah, it's basically a clone of DR2 with Frank.

Did the discount go through for Off the Record? I'm still seeing it at $20. Or is $20 the discount?

Dead Rising 2: OTR also includes a new area to the mall that the base game doesn't have, it's a theme park like area called Uranus Zone.

Certinty

Not the best of sales but picked up:
TMNT OOTS
The Witcher 2
Peggle

All together cost around £10 so I can't complain, may pick up Skate 2 as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This pleases me.

OTR removes the zombrex shit, right? which is one reason why they made this version because of DR2 backlash.
Sort of. You still need to find them, but they're for Frank himself, so no having to go back to base every so often.

Past

Is Skate 2 worth it? Haven't played a skating game since Tony Hawk on the PS1/PS2. Also does it have local multiplayer?

Cheddahz

Banned
Is Skate 2 worth it? Haven't played a skating game since Tony Hawk on the PS1/PS2. Also does it have local multiplayer?

Skate 2 is indeed worth it and it does have local multiplayer (though it's more of a pass the controller thing)!

Top Bottom