• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL Ultimate Game Sale starts tomorrow

Cheddahz

Banned
Just decided to get the Mission Mode DLC for NG2 and Skate 2 (which I used to have years ago, until I decided to sell it and it would be nice to have the game again)! I still have $18 or so left, so I'm hoping something else decent goes on sale (and if not, I'm just going to pick up Fight Night Champion)

If you have a Gamestop near you, they always have copies for crazy cheap

Would prefer to go digital. Admittedly a pretty weak complaint as if I wanted to play it bad enough the $20 it is on the marketplace shouldn't seem like too steep an asking price. I guess it just gets frustrating when the same entries in a franchise get discounted again and again while others get left untouched to rot.

The fact I COULD pick it up at retail for $5 should be impetus to discount it digitally but we all know how that has been going this gen.

Remark

Banned
Truly awful deals. What happened MS? First couple days were actually alright.

tumblr_mjzkb3qRfA1r2g7mto1_500.jpg

Haven't even been that bad

I already bought everything though, that Gamestop money got me high af

statham

another day I'll pass. which is fine, dishonored is better then I thought and still have WD season 2. Should keep me busy until more XBO games hit. The freebie superhero game has major framerate issues.

tumblr_mjzkb3qRfA1r2g7mto1_500.jpg

Haven't even been that bad

I already bought everything though, that Gamestop money got me high af
Most of this sale's been pretty bad imo. I got the credits too but no urge to spend them when these deals are about the same at any given time at a random Gamestop.

Skate II, Ninja Gaiden II, and The Witcher 2 were all pretty cool deals. Everything else... meh. And especially meh at the COD "sales".

Remark

Banned
Most of this sale's been pretty bad imo. I got the credits too but no urge to spend them when these deals are about the same at any given time at a random Gamestop.

Skate II, Ninja Gaiden II, and The Witcher 2 were all pretty cool deals. Everything else... meh. And especially meh at the COD "sales".
OK

statham

I dont really mind the bad deals

gives me a reason to save the gamestop money for the fall games

Yep, picked up a couple but most of the money I'm saving for XBO fall games.

edit: no I don't like the bad 360 deals, but it gives me a reason to save the money, but I rather spend it, if deals was better.

Moofers

So we got one day left to hope they put Gears of War Judgment on sale? I kinda don't think it'll happen. Absurd they still want $40 for it.

So the only Prince of Persia game I've played is the 2008 game, which I actually really enjoyed. I also have played and enjoyed the first few Assassin's Creed games. Would I like Forgotten Sands?

blackjaw

I know it's a bad sale when two days go by without me buying anything.

So far I've gotten Skate 2, Kingdoms of Amalur and Witcher 2.

Still hoping for Dragon Dogma or Dragon Age 1. One day left, c'mon MS.

How is the Gears of War 3 community nowadays? I sold mine awhile back but I might pick it up if its $4.99

If you are in North America/Canada it is best. Usually 5000 people on in the evening for Team Deathmatch.

There are a lot of good players as someone else mentioned and sometimes the teams are incredibly unbalanced but I play split screen with my wife and she can hold her own so it's not all bad.

I just wish they would hurry up and port Gears 3 multiplayer to the Xbone so I can ditch the 360.

BradC00

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record is 66% according to majornelson.com off as well.

What's the difference between this and the original? edit: nm, looked it up.

Forgotten sands $5 and less than 5 gigs.

a407e907194fe72506e63cdd02ddeb16.jpg

It's a fantastic game, so go for it. The powers (freezing water/unfreezing, making objects appear and dissapear) are used and combined wonderfully during the platforming sections. It's not the best PoP, but it's definitely not the worst.

Angry Guy

Hmm. Might have to get on this for Ducktales and maybe Bloodrayne? Between this and Double Dragon Neon from the PSN sale (and Shovel Knight in a way, since Yacht Club is made up of former staffers) I'll have a nice stable of WAAAAAYFORWAAAAARD games stacked up.

Top Bottom