• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL Ultimate Game Sale starts tomorrow

ohlawd

Tales of Vesperia sale pls. I missed out on that for 5 bones D:

I can't check right now but are Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey on the store? I'd buy those on sale too.

SFenton

Yeah, this is why I laugh every time someone says Xbox's sales are as good as Steam sales.

I laugh at that notion as well, however, I found last year's summer sale to be really great- I bought a lot of stuff, some of which I still haven't, and might never, touch.

Stick of Truth should have been cheaper :/
Black Flag is the only game I bought and it has been great. I'll definitely pick up Freedom Cry whenever I purchase a PS4.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone think the Forza games/Horizon season pass or rally dlc will go on sale here? I know Horizon was $9 a month or so back (I missed it and bought it for $30 a week later. 110% worth it IMO), but I was hoping to get the season pass for like $25 or the rally dlc for $10.
They Rally DLC was on sale during the Christmas sale last year, for what that's worth.

Montresor

I just went through my games and found there are only 9 games left on 360 that I don't own which I might want to play one day. I don't see any of them having a significant sale any time soon.

Assassin's Creed 3
Banjoe Tooie (already own Banjoe Kazooie, so bundle does nothing for me)
Trine 2
Monkey Island 2
Arkham Origins
Gears Judgment
RE Revelations
Shadow Complex
South Park Stick Of Truth ($45 is not a good sales price so I won't bite)

Deception

I just went through my games and found there are only 9 games left on 360 that I don't own which I might want to play one day. I don't see any of them having a significant sale any time soon.

Assassin's Creed 3
Trine 2
Monkey Island 2
Arkham Origins
Gears Judgment
RE Revelations
Shadow Complex

I would pass on AC3 it wasn't that great.

Daemul

I've only picked up Spartan Assault so far, the other games I either have already or they don't interest me. Hoping for Tomb Raider to go on sale though, it goes on sale a lot, so there's a chance.

It sucks that the Missing Link DLC for Human Revolution didn't go on sale with the main game, I may just shell out for it eventually.

im_dany

What's the hint for tomorrow? And how many days the daily deals last? 7?

COD Ghosts.
Daily deals lasts 1 day (actually more than that, yesterday's daily deals are still active right now), only the first sales last for 7 days (the ones like SH collection, Skyrim, Dishonored, etc).

EDIT: if you meant "how many days they're going to do daily deals", it's a whole week, and Monday will be the last day.

Hey guys has the sales for today appear on dashboard yet ?

Was really hoping the Gears 3 season pass had a 75 % off should of pick up the first time.

Also if Catherine is on sale I might pick that up.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Hey guys has the sales for today appear on dashboard yet ?

Was really hoping the Gears 3 season pass had a 75 % off should of pick up the first time.

Also if Catherine is on sale I might pick that up.

You can always just do a search for them. The prices are already updated.

I could go for a Catherine sale myself.

Assassin's Creed 3
Trine 2
Monkey Island 2
Arkham Origins
Gears Judgment
RE Revelations
Shadow Complex

Son, how come you haven't played Shadow Complex yet :(
Trine 2 was one of the worst gaming experiences I've had.
AC3 was so meh, I hated it. Even though I'm an AC fanboy as you know (and as a matter of fact I'll be starting Liberation HD in a couple minutes, though I read bad things about it).

PowderedToast

Tales of Vesperia sale pls. I missed out on that for 5 bones D:

I can't check right now but are Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey on the store? I'd buy those on sale too.

unfortunately neither are on the store. I think it's a case of them being too old or too big (or both).

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

Assassin's Creed 3
Trine 2
Monkey Island 2
Arkham Origins
Gears Judgment
RE Revelations
Shadow Complex

lol trust me, you dont want to play AC3. and even I am waiting for Judgement, Origins and Revelations. Two more days left :(

Assassin's Creed 3
Trine 2
Monkey Island 2
Arkham Origins
Gears Judgment
RE Revelations
Shadow Complex

AC3 is shit
Trine 2 can be found on just about every other major platform at this point (even Wii U)
Arkham, Revelations, and South Park can also be found on other platforms, and honestly you'd probably be better off buying them physical for cheaper anyway.
Judgement you'd be better off getting physically. It's ~$17 on Amazon. And given that Gears 3 is on sale, it's unlikely Judgement will as well.

I'd say there is somewhat of a decent chance that Origins and Revelations could go on sale, but it's looking unlikely at this point. Has any Capcom game gone on sale yet?

ooh that sucks.

Still, bring on ToV, MS!

I'm hoping for Vesperia as well! That and Dragon's Dogma. Come on MS!

Montresor

AC3 is shit
Trine 2 can be found on just about every other major platform at this point (even Wii U)
Arkham, Revelations, and South Park can also be found on other platforms, and honestly you'd probably be better off buying them physical for cheaper anyway.
Judgement you'd be better off getting physically. It's ~$17 on Amazon. And given that Gears 3 is on sale, it's unlikely Judgement will as well.

I'd say there is somewhat of a decent chance that Origins and Revelations could go on sale, but it's looking unlikely at this point. Has any Capcom game gone on sale yet?

I'm hoping for Vesperia as well! That and Dragon's Dogma. Come on MS!

lol trust me, you dont want to play AC3. and even I am waiting for Judgement, Origins and Revelations. Two more days left :(

Son, how come you haven't played Shadow Complex yet :(
Trine 2 was one of the worst gaming experiences I've had.
AC3 was so meh, I hated it. Even though I'm an AC fanboy as you know (and as a matter of fact I'll be starting Liberation HD in a couple minutes, though I read bad things about it).

I would pass on AC3 it wasn't that great.

Damn. The AC3 hate is strong with this group.

Here is what I rated the other ACs, for comparison. I think all AC games suffer from bad melee combat, and frustrating dna sync missions. But I've found the series is good at creating interesting characters, and world building, and presenting interesting present day / future sequences.

AC Liberation: 3.5 / 5
AC Black Flag: 4/5
AC Revelations: 4/5
AC Brotherhood: 3/5
Assassin's Creed 2: 4/5
Assassin's Creed 1: 2/5

--------

Either way I have been happy with the sale so far. I grabbed Arkham Black Gate and Darksides 2 for $10 each.

How is the Gears of War 3 community nowadays? I sold mine awhile back but I might pick it up if its $4.99

its a bunch of people who are too good for me, so I hate the community lol. I feel like it didnt really lose anything major with Judgement coming out, so it is at least somewhat active still

bidguy

Banned
How is the Gears of War 3 community nowadays? I sold mine awhile back but I might pick it up if its $4.99

only skilled players left lol

i can barely keep up nowadays

edit: it was over 5000 people last time i played which is a pretty good number for a game as old as this

Damn. The AC3 hate is strong with this group.

Here is what I rated the other ACs, for comparison. I think all AC games suffer from bad melee combat, and frustrating dna sync missions. But I've found the series is good at creating interesting characters, and world building, and presenting interesting present day / future sequences.

AC Liberation: 3.5 / 5
AC Black Flag: 4/5
AC Revelations: 4/5
AC Brotherhood: 3/5
Assassin's Creed 2: 4/5
Assassin's Creed 1: 2/5

--------

Either way I have been happy with the sale so far. I grabbed Arkham Black Gate and Darksides 2 for $10 each.

literally the first person I have ever seen to give revelations a better score than brotherhood. Revelations was probably my least favorite game of the series, right next to AC1.

Didnt even have a problem with 3. One achievement glitched on me, but that was it. I never saw the buggy mess people called it

literally the first person I have ever seen to give revelations a better score than brotherhood. Revelations was probably my least favorite game of the series, right next to AC1.

Didnt even have a problem with 3. One achievement glitched on me, but that was it. I never saw the buggy mess people called it

I think Brotherhood was the worst. That one had almost no story at all. It seemed like it was just made to test out their multiplayer mode. My order goes like this:

4>2>Revelations>1>3>Brotherhood

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I never played a Trials game, but it looks pretty fun. Would Evolution be a good start, or should I pay the extra money to get Fusion?

Some of tomorrow's deals have been found already:

Payday 2 - $8.74
Call of Duty Ghosts - $35.99
Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands - $4.99

Piano

Banned
Why can't I use Microsoft Credit to buy things?
On my profile page it says I have $30 in my account...
...and then when I go to buy something it says "no valid payment methods on file"

Why can't I use Microsoft Credit to buy things?
On my profile page it says I have $30 in my account...
...and then when I go to buy something it says "no valid payment methods on file"

X360 games can't be bought with credit via web browser, you have to do it from a system.

Top Bottom