• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360: NBA Live 06 pic

DMczaf

From EA's website

As the new line of hardware consoles begin to hit stores in Fall 2005, NBA LIVE will be there, opening up a whole new dimension for hoops fans everywhere. Come back every day to see a new sneak-peek screenshot as we give you a taste of next-gen LIVE -- you won't want to miss it! And make sure you check in on Tuesday, June 28, when we'll be airing our next-gen commercial live on ESPN during the NBA Draft Preview Show.

newsguy

"As the new line of hardware consoles begin to hit stores in Fall 2005, NBA LIVE will be there, opening up a whole new dimension for hoops fans everywhere. Come back every day to see a new sneak-peek screenshot as we give you a taste of next-gen LIVE -- you won't want to miss it! And make sure you check in on Tuesday, June 28, when we'll be airing our next-gen commercial live on ESPN during the NBA Draft Preview Show."

Nice. This time I don't think it's an "artist's rendition." After seeing the dunks in the new trailer I can't wait to see what they'll show in the commercial.

rastex

Banned
Yup, I saw some of this stuff a few months ago, animating and everything it's GORGEOUS and produces a very realistic effect. But I hate sports games, so hopefully we see some of this in fightings games.

Any1

I love how some people try to trash some of these new screenshots by pointing out little things about the screenshot that are wrong and keep it from looking like a perfect photo-realistic image.

If that isn't the biggest compliment to the graphics then i don't know what is.

Any1 said:
I love how some people try to trash some of these new screenshots by pointing out little things about the screenshot that are wrong and keep it from looking like a perfect photo-realistic image.

Hey, remember: this is GAF, the people here are the most jaded fucks around.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
W...T...H... that is uh... grotesque.

Looking forward to some non yucky sweaty shots.

jimbo

Banned
"I love how some people try to trash some of these new screenshots by pointing out little things about the screenshot that are wrong and keep it from looking like a perfect photo-realistic image. "

They did the same thing the PGR3 thread. Posting real life pictures to show that it doesn't look good. Apparantly if a realistic game on the 360 DOESN"T look like real life, it's ugly. Because, you know, we're supposed to be getting real life stuff on the 360. :lol

BojTrek

Banned
I think it does look pretty good... but I have to ask...

Where are my NBA2K6 images or video on X-Box 360.... DAMN!

Zeo

Banned
DMczaf said:
01.jpg

Er.. That creeps me out more than it amazes me. Heh.

DCX

DCX
Wow!! 360 confirmed?! Or just next gen? Either way, that looks amazing, i hope the "Create a Player" pumps out visuals this good as well, i would love to see a similar version of me looking that good :lol Or maybe use the 360 Cam and actually have it be me with skin tone matching from the pigments of my face...now that's next gen.

DCX

Nice. They sweat. Ooh, wonderful lip texture. Wow, that looks just like real armpit hair. :|

What's the point if the game sucks. If it's not fun, all of that is pointless and I'm not plunking down $50. Texture resolutions and FX are automatic with a hardware upgrade as far as I'm concerned. Gimme some better AI. Make the game fun. That's nextgen IMO.

newsguy

Mayor McCheese said:
Nice. They sweat. Ooh, wonderful lip texture. Wow, that looks just like real armpit hair. :|

What's the point if the game sucks. If it's not fun, all of that is pointless and I'm not plunking down $50. Texture resolutions and FX are automatic with a hardware upgrade as far as I'm concerned. Gimme some better AI. Make the game fun. That's nextgen IMO.

I'm pretty sure people are talking about sweat, lips etc. because it's a SCREENSHOT THREAD. Besides, anyone who's played NBA Live already knows what the game plays like, and if you've been keeping up, we also know some of the new features that have been added.

DMczaf

newsguy said:
I'm pretty sure people are talking about sweat, lips etc. because it's a SCREENSHOT THREAD.

Pfft! I made this thread so people can discuss how NBA Live 06 X360 plays! You guys just concentrated on the picture, dont blame me!

newsguy said:
I'm pretty sure people are talking about sweat, lips etc. because it's a SCREENSHOT THREAD. Besides, anyone who's played NBA Live already knows what the game plays like, and if you've been keeping up, we also know some of the new features that have been added.

Hey, what do I know. I'm just a junior member. :D

There is certainly a place for that discussion, but I spoke out because people seem to have tunnel vision with graphics on nextgen. I'm afraid that all the effort is going into that with the developers and not enough time is getting spent in the right place (making games fun). It's all anyone can focus on these days.

APF

Mayor McCheese said:

What's the point if the game sucks. If it's not fun, all of that is pointless and I'm not plunking down $50.

Actually, you won't be plunking down $60. That armpit hair doesn't model itself, you know.

DMczaf

NBATV is showing NBA Live 360 footage on their NBA Draft special this weekend. Its going to be on again tomorrow morning

Ramirez

:lol

Damn cloudy,it's too bad you're strategy of "run to the baseline and dunk from 10 feet out with Kobe" every time down the floor doesn't work in real life,the Lakers might actually be worth a shit if it did :lol

Who's that player with the sweat supposed to be anyways? Doesn't look like anybody I know on the Sonics, and if that's Ray Allen then they need to rescan his fucking face. And somebody could climb into Tashawn's jersey. Color me NOT impressed. :lol

newsguy

DMczaf said:
NBATV is showing NBA Live 360 footage on their NBA Draft special this weekend. Its going to be on again tomorrow morning

Did you see it already DM? I'm thinking the screens they're showing us somehow coincide with the commercial (ala Madden next-gen). I'd love to see the game in motion on my TV rather than the small window on my PC.

DMczaf

newsguy said:
Did you see it already DM? I'm thinking the screens they're showing us somehow coincide with the commercial (ala Madden next-gen). I'd love to see the game in motion on my TV rather than the small window on my PC.

It comes on in an hour.

Zep

Banned
"And make sure you check in on Tuesday, June 28, when we'll be airing our next-gen commercial live on ESPN during the NBA Draft Preview Show."

today is the 25th...did i miss something DM?

DMczaf

Someone from OS says NBATV showed it during their NBA Draft preview show on Friday. It comes on again in 40 mins (10am PST) so we'll see.

Zep

Banned
That Dwyane Wade picture they got on the Main Next Gen Page is probably a good representation of how the game is gonna look.

BlackClouds said:
Who's that player with the sweat supposed to be anyways? Doesn't look like anybody I know on the Sonics, and if that's Ray Allen then they need to rescan his fucking face. And somebody could climb into Tashawn's jersey. Color me NOT impressed. :lol

That is Ray Allen. That crybaby face is one of a kind.

Pimpwerx

I hope that's an animated transparency and bump-mapped. It looks good enough. But EA still seems behind in art talent again. WTF. That doesn't really look like Ray Allen, all jokes aside. I'm not convinced they're gonna improve much this gen from what they did last gen. PEACE.

Top Bottom