• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

I don't agree that announcements of new additions or features should be lumped in here without any kind of indexing, makes discussion messy.

I also think threads like these just encourage more fanboy nonsense, just look at the state of that "next gen tech" thread.

Can we have one thread for comparison videos done using a microscope?

Way more annoying than GamePass threads IMO. The same people saying the same shit, over and over and over.

Hate this, will make Gaf less useful to me, but whatever. I hear people talk about that next gen massive thread but have never even opened it in my recollection, because those threads are too much.

Looking at the front page now it’s all talk about Sony’s nonexistent GamePass, Jim Ryan or other Sony execs and that bizarre Moneyball thread. And even worse, UK retail sales - the most pointless metric of them all.

Whether intentional or not, it does feel like a move to stifle positivity around Xbox. Would like to see it reversed personally.

Last edited:

NickFire

I don't understand why people object to a simple community thread for general talk. Are people worried that the service does not sell itself or something? We don't need 30 different threads each day that boil down to:

Person 1 - Best deal in gaming
Person 2 - I don't care for it yet or at all cause reasons
Person 1 - you're just a fanboy cause I like it

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
So exactly like the next gen ps5/Xbox series x thread one of the most popular gaf threads in recent times

The quality of that thread is terrible. I think that's what people are afraid of.

This seems extremely tone deaf to try and consolidate things now on a singular basis when it comes GP after it's been 4 years out in the wild.

If the goal is to cut down on threads that cover similar talking points then it should be rolled out with multiple threads for multiple topics as well as be established going forward for topics.

The thread title should also be extremely clear. Which it's not imo.

But that's just my two cents.

Last edited:

manfestival

Game Pass, love it.

35 hours into Octopath Traveler and frack me I’m delightfully addicted. Never would have happened without Game Pass.

Sea of Thieves could be a Top 5 all time game for me. Probably wouldn’t have paid retail for it but I gave it a chance because of Game Pass.

All hail Game Pass.
Octopath Traveler? Gross

Kagey K

Banned
I don't understand why people object to a simple community thread for general talk. Are people worried that the service does not sell itself or something? We don't need 30 different threads each day that boil down to:

Person 1 - Best deal in gaming
Person 2 - I don't care for it yet or at all cause reasons
Person 1 - you're just a fanboy cause I like it
I don't think anyone cares about it for general talk, but for Game announcements (since they apparently aren't going to be allowed) and other such things it's going to be hard to parse. Nobody is going to be able to go through and easily find what's being added when this thread hits a few pages, and the OP isn't going to be updated to make the info it easy to find.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
The quality of that thread is terrible. I think that's what people are afraid of.

This seems extremely tone deaf to try and consolidate things now on a singular basis when it comes GP after it's been 4 years out in the wild.

If the goal is to cut down on threads that cover similar talking points then it should be rolled out with multiple threads for multiple topics as well as be established going forward for topics.

The thread title should also be extremely clear. Which it's not imo.

But that's just my two cents.

Sure thanks for your input.

Probably we will split it between new game announcements and general discussion. But again your input is critical. At this point we want it to be known to cut down on the GP threads in general

Hosam6xavi

Banned
This is really bad idea .. i don't want to check 253647 page of 637474 topics

I don't understand the logic if gamepass should have mega thread so should ps+ and npd / famitsu sales

ZywyPL

Banned
I really like it so far. First and foremost, the cost is laughable. Because honestly, 70€ is way to fucking much to go blind into a game you're not even sure you gonna like (since demos don't exist anymore and there are little to no gameplay trailers nowadays as well). 70€ vs 60 or even 50 from PS360 era doesn't seem like much of an increase, but here in Poland given the exchange rate the games price has doubled (if not more) in the past 10 years, which is absurd. Granted, my salary has also more than doubled in that time, but I just don't see THAT much value in videogames, they simply broke the point that's acceptable for me, a game has to be truly special to my heart for me to spend 70 bucks on it.

Secondly, with GPU you get to play the games on PC if the games are locked to 30FPS on consoles, or play better with M+K, or whatever the reasons, plus of course you get all the games on XB consoles as well, on which you don't have to pay for Gold anymore in order to play online, the service is really a must-have if you own both platforms. MS just needs to add xCloud to GPU to boost up the value even further, so I can play on a laptop whenever I'm far from home/on the go.

Thirdly, it gives me the ability to try out games which I wouldn't even consider otherwise, since they're already there, often finding some really great titles which turn out to totally consume my time. Because again, the pricing is often seriously off, I understand that everyone wants to make for a living, but you just can't ask for an indie game 70 bucks like it's next CoD or GTA.

Now what's left is.. the games. Once all of those MS studios start pumping out their games and feeding the service on a regular basis it will truly become the Netflix of video games.

MiguelItUp

This is really bad idea .. i don't want to check 253647 page of 637474 topics

I don't understand the logic if gamepass should have mega thread so should ps+ and npd / famitsu sales
It's not logical and rather straight forward. There were a LOT of threads with said thing in title (Game Pass), too many.

Let's put too many things into one thing. That's really it.

Will it work? Who knows, but this is an attempt to clean it up before the first few pages of GAF becomes nothing but Game Pass and Game Pass centric threads. Plus, can't blame a mod/the mods for trying to do something about it rather than nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

Hosam6xavi

Banned
It's not logical and rather straight forward. There were a LOT of threads with said thing in title (Game Pass), too many.

Let's put too many things into one thing. That's really it.

Will it work? Who knows, but this is an attempt to clean it up before the first few pages of GAF becomes nothing but Game Pass and Game Pass centric threads. Plus, can't blame a mod/the mods for trying to do something about it rather than nothing.
This didn't happen when we had 5 ssd threads in a day

But i guess Sony is different than Microsoft here on gaf

sainraja

I dont know man. Imagine being an 'enthusiast' Gaming forum, and only allowing one thread on one of the biggest, and most positive, gaming related services in recent years.

I'm sorry but it smells exactly what it is, and i dont think you are going to change anyones minds.
Official threads have been a staple of forums for quite some time. Having an official thread for game pass isn't a bad thing. If there is a lot of news, you'll see the main thread at the top, for that specific period of time.

MiguelItUp

tenor.gif

It ISN'T a Microsoft thing, it ISN'T a Sony thing. It was simply a topic that was getting out of control real fast.

Nevermind, I'm not even gonna bother trying to explain to any of y'all anymore. I don't understand how this is being viewed as such a " personal bias" thing. Christ.

Last edited:

sainraja

You're acting a little bit immature here. It's not a Sony or Microsoft thing. We already have official threads on other popular topics. Game Pass pretty much entered that territory - it's become very popular, more so than the SSD topic you mention. One is a service that will continue for the lifetime of a system vs another that is a hardware inside of one (well, both really), which do you think will generate more conversation? You guys will be fine.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Official threads have been a staple of forums for quite some time. Having an official thread for game pass isn't a bad thing. If there is a lot of news, you'll see the main thread at the top, for that specific period of time.
I guess.

I'd just rather see a new thread for GP additions for this week/month and individual game or whatever. I can see what those are in the OP and make any comments if any below. Same for PS+, GWG, etc. Just seeing the thread up there is meaningless, a big announcement might add 20 pages of innane discussion making the original announcement hard to find.

Hosam6xavi

Banned
You're acting a little bit immature here. It's not a Sony or Microsoft thing. We already have official threads on other popular topics. Game Pass pretty much entered that territory. You guys will be fine.
Is it gonna hurt you if you see new thread of New gamepass news ?

This is ridiculous

sainraja

I guess.

I'd just rather see a new thread for GP additions for this week/month and individual game or whatever. I can see what those are in the OP and make any comments if any below. Same for PS+, GWG, etc. Just seeing the thread up there is meaningless, a big announcement might add 20 pages of innane discussion making the original announcement hard to find.
I think it will be a lot easier to follow that in a thread dedicated to it. But it is a different approach. It should be fine really.

ripeavocado

Banned
Gamepass is a disaster for gamers.

They are fooling you with low prices but when it will take over everything there will be no going back and you will stuck paying a lot of money for a shitty service.

Remember when playing games online was FREE on consoles?

Remember when to justify paying for the online Sony was giving away lots of recent AAA games?

Now paying for online (which is not about dedicated servers) it's standard and if you want "great" games for free you have to pay another subscription service.

Take a loof a Netflix, how is going for them? Prices have been increasing for a decade and their catalogue has shrunk. Their original productions are soulless boring series or movies but that's what you get and because it's a subscription, you can't vote with your wallet.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Gamepass is a disaster for gamers.

They are fooling you with low prices but when it will take over everything there will be no going back and you will stuck paying a lot of money for a shitty service.

Remember when playing games online was FREE on consoles?

Remember when to justify paying for the online Sony was giving away lots of recent AAA games?

Now paying for online (which is not about dedicated servers) it's standard and if you want "great" games for free you have to pay another subscription service.

Take a loof a Netflix, how is going for them? Prices have been increasing for a decade and their catalogue has shrunk. Their original productions are soulless boring series or movies but that's what you get and because it's a subscription, you can't vote with your wallet.

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

DaGwaphics

So i'm now going to have to actually go off an enthusiast gaming forum, to another gaming site, to see what new gamepass news there is.
Just think about that for a minute.

Does the XboxWire have a notification feature? If yes, that's probably the best way to view the additions. I think they always post an entry over there.

Gatox

Banned
I know, it's terrible how Netflix make you keep paying for a subscription, never allow you to just stop that subscription...ever.

Stuart360

Does the XboxWire have a notification feature? If yes, that's probably the best way to view the additions. I think they always post an entry over there.
Well i mean i could just go on Gamepass itself to see what new games are out. I'm talking more about rumours, possible games coming, news basically, you know what you get on a gaming forum.

Gatox

Banned
So if this is the gamepass thread will it be policed better than the other ones where the usual cockwombles would disrupt and ruin it by the end of page 1?

• LOL
Reactions: MrS

sainraja

Well i mean i could just go on Gamepass itself to see what new games are out. I'm talking more about rumours, possible games coming, news basically, you know what you get on a gaming forum.
You'll still have that. I don't think having an official thread dedicated to game pass is going to take that away. If anything, it should keep those interested in the service together in a conversation vs those who are not, outside of it.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

True. I think the wire generally announces them before they are available, maybe GP does have a coming soon section though, never checked.

NickFire

So i'm now going to have to actually go off an enthusiast gaming forum, to another gaming site, to see what new gamepass news there is.
Just think about that for a minute.
On this very page a mod wrote:

"Probably we will split it between new game announcements and general discussion."

They are clearly listening to feedback, and already extended an olive branch for those who want a game announcement thread.

manfestival

I kinda wish this thread was used for it's intended purpose. To inform about incoming games to the platform. Instead, all we get is a bunch of cry babies and console wars.
Just need to know what is coming next to gamepass so I can feed my gaming addiction. Just ended up buying Doom Eternal because I enjoyed the game so much through gamepass and got the deluxe edition so I can get the DLC on top of all things.

Gatox

Banned
I kinda wish this thread was used for it's intended purpose. To inform about incoming games to the platform. Instead, all we get is a bunch of cry babies and console wars.
Just need to know what is coming next to gamepass so I can feed my gaming addiction. Just ended up buying Doom Eternal because I enjoyed the game so much through gamepass and got the deluxe edition so I can get the DLC on top of all things.
What you got gamepass on, considering you just posted this in another thread

"Shame cause I only support Sony. Screw PC and Xbox. They don't deserve my money. Only Sony does. You won't catch me buying Xbox anything for a Kojima Xbox exclusive."

Stuart360

On this very page a mod wrote:

"Probably we will split it between new game announcements and general discussion."

They are clearly listening to feedback, and already extended an olive branch for those who want a game announcement thread.
Well imo what they should do is have a 'General Gamepass Discussion' thread, for general chit chat. And new game announcements, new big time rumours, etc, get new threads, then after like 3 days, or when replies slow down, those threads get merged with this thread.
In fact it should be like that with a lot of subjects on this forum imo.

Fact is, and i highly doubt i'm the only one, i get all my game news from here. If i dont see it on this forum, i dont know about it. And if things dont change, i'm ging to have to go elsewhere to get news about one of the biggest services currently in gaming.
Ridiculous.

Last edited:

manfestival

What you got gamepass on, considering you just posted this in another thread

"Shame cause I only support Sony. Screw PC and Xbox. They don't deserve my money. Only Sony does. You won't catch me buying Xbox anything for a Kojima Xbox exclusive."
????

93xfan

Banned
Actually yeah thinking about it, this does seem a bit of a damage control thread. Especially with potential big name games coming to it in the future.
So if the Battlefield 6 rumour ends up true, which would be one of the biggest stories of the year really, all discussion has to be in here?.
Yep damage control.

Perhaps discussions about the service should be here. Major announcements do deserve their own thread. And so what it all the PS fanboys want to come to Gamepass threads and war about it. That’s their issue and it shouldn’t punish fans of the opposing platform.

Gamepass news wil get lost in here so easily...

Stuart360

Oh and the irony of 2 other Gamepass threads in the top 4 on the front page. They are Playstation related though so yeah lol.

Top Bottom