• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
So this thread should be locked

All gamepass discussion should be here right ?

Make a proper report so mods can review and discuss please.

n0body

Banned
Make an effort to join the community then. Instead of diving straight to the first thread to war. The mod isn’t suppressing you grow up.

Guess what we don’t need a new thread everytime someone has an epiphany about game pass: it’s the equivalent of ‘gaf I just got laid’.

I have, lol, and look at your response. Not really encouraging when you talk down to new members as you do.

We dont need any threads about mindless epiphanies, gamepass related or otherwise, I agree with you there. That's what moderation is for. Applying pressure on a conversation because it's more frequent is the forum equivalent of a DJ Khaled meme... 'Suffering from Success' . You wouldn't appreciate a police offer treating you unfairly because You drive a popular car, and he's seen more of them today would you?

Please improve your tone towards new members if you want to make an effort for the community. Thanks.

I understand creating a Gamepass thread, just like we have playstation it Xbox threads. But even with those threads we're still allowed to make new threads for "news". And new games coming to Gamepass are news worthy.
Unless you're also going to contain all playstation news in the playstation thread as well this sounds like damage controlling and it's really shitty.

Fredrik

Thread is effectively Sony fans sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting lalala not listening. If you don’t have to see the good things, they aren’t actually happening, right?

Intravenous copium.

Imagine what it will be like if Microsoft’s acquisitions start to pay off... Gonna be a mass suicide.
When you say it like that it reminds me of what the other place did with Cyberpunk. Plus harsh moderation. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that. Would be horrible. The best thing about GAF is that you’re allowed to be excited about anything no matter what it is without having to fear a ban or warning just because someone doesn’t share your excitement or gets triggered for whatever reason. GAF, please don’t break that :(

On topic, Gamepass is the best service there is for gaming right now. Love it! ❤️

But I only have a year left of my 3 years cheap subscription. I don’t yet know if I’ll keep the subscription at full price. Depends on where my new love for VR takes me. Haven’t even started the regular consoles after getting an Oculus Quest 2 yesterday.

Last edited:
Honestly embarrassing that you need to resort to these kinds of comments. I would put my mod record up publicly against any sort of insulation of bias or unfairness or favorites, but hey, you do you. I just want to make the site the best it can be.
We've had lots of threads about Gamepass lately because there have been lots of news about Gamepass. Are you also going to contain all E3 news in a giant megathread this summer? This is so blatant.

Edit: just before the PS5's reveal conference we were having so many threads about the console, but that didn't prompt you to create a megathread for all PS5 info.

People (you as well) could just ignore the threads if they bother them that much.

Last edited:

sainraja

I think many of you guys are over-reacting and I guess the feeling of being silenced isn't helping that but this isn't about that. Many of you know that. Just stop and think for a minute and step outside of the console war. Give it a try and if it doesn't work, re-evaluate and give them more feedback. Acting like little kids isn't going to work.

You are a mod

So it's not yet decided if gamepass discussions should be here or not so what is purpose of this thread again ?
Now you're just being disingenuous.

We've had lots of threads about Gamepass lately because there have been lots of news about Gamepass. Are you also going to contain all E3 news in a giant megathread this summer? This is so blatant.
I think E3 use to have a dedicated thread or forum. I might be mixing places up but that's pretty common on forums.

Last edited:

Hosam6xavi

Banned
I think many of you guys are over-reacting and I guess the feeling of being silenced isn't helping that but this isn't about that. Many of you know that. Just stop and think for a minute and step outside of the console war. Give it a try and if it doesn't work, re-evaluate and give them more feedback. Acting like little kids isn't going to work.

Now you're just being disingenuous.
Go to ignore list

Edit: just before the PS5's reveal conference we were having so many threads about the console, but that didn't prompt you to create a megathread for all PS5 info.

People (you as well) could just ignore the threads if they bother them that much.

Random websites saying why you should subscribe to game pass = news?

No that’s random websites giving an opinion.. not news

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
You are a mod

So it's not yet decided if gamepass discussions should be here or not so what is the purpose of this thread again ?

Who said it's not decided? Gamepass discussion goes here. If we miss other threads that belong here make a report so we can check. If it's super huge news of course there can be exceptions

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member

E3 news is often contained in one thread and super huge stuff gets its own threads. At this point game X coming to gamepass doesn't deserve a thread! That's all we are saying. Discuss the game in its own thread. Discuss the fact it comes to gamepass here! This isn't rocket science

E3 news is often contained in one thread and super huge stuff gets its own threads. At this point game X coming to gamepass doesn't deserve a thread! That's all we are saying. Discuss the game in its own thread. Discuss the fact it comes to gamepass here! This isn't rocket science
What would be "super huge stuff" for Gamepass? Does that mean that if a huge game comes to Gamepass, then that gets its own thread as well?

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Why is everyone angry at a MOD for trying to keep things civilised?

I left ResetEra for a similar lvl of civilized moderation regarding Angry Joe and a few other similar issues. So sure I agree all the I love game pass stuff should be group togther but news and rumors are there own thing. Mods have already stated something like BF being on game pass isn’t big news so is every cool rumor relegated to a post then people whining it should be in this thread? Bad deal if you ask me.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Overtaken? 10 threads a week is really that bad? There are 10 threads in the political forum every time Biden passes gas...

So looks like I'm banned from thread now. Coolio. Enjoy that awesome moderation.

Last edited:

n0body

Banned
Leaving GAF over a consolidated Gamepass thread in response to the forum being overtaken by console war bickering? Look, you do you. Don't be disruptive in the interim.
Can it be given the proper OT treatment? Given its the enforced place to discuss gamepass, shouldn't it be tagged as OT and an appropriate first post made?

Not a good look currently let's be honest.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I’m loving GamePass on my new ROG laptop. Got a ton of games to play that I probably never would have otherwise. Sadly, I’ve got addicted to Slay The Spire so much I haven’t touched any of them yet. I‘m basically wasting a super powerful gaming laptop on a game I could be playing on a potato.

GamePass is objectively a fantastic service, and I say this as a Sony consumer for the past 25 years. It doesn’t help sell XBoxes (I’m proof of that) but it’s a service that Sony have to respond to before long. It’s too good not to.

As long as it’s bigger than Battlefield 6, it’s been established that one isn’t big enough.
Really? So unless Call of Duty or God of War come to Gamepass we can't create a new thread to inform people about new games coming to the service?

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
I left ResetEra for a similar lvl of civilized moderation regarding Angry Joe and a few other similar issues. So sure I agree all the I love game pass stuff should be group togther but news and rumors are there own thing. Mods have already stated something like BF being on game pass isn’t big news so is every cool rumor relegated to a post then people whining it should be in this thread? Bad deal if you ask me.
I worked in Marketing for 4 years. Most of the rumours, opinions etc are not organic. So yeah I kinda understand why some people get pissed when another gamepass thread happens. Also we have people trolling each other and we end up living in this tiny bubble that becomes frustrating to be in.

Kagey K

Banned
Can it be given the proper OT treatment? Given its the enforced place to discuss gamepass, shouldn't it be tagged as OT and an appropriate first post made?

Not a good look currently let's be honest.
It’ll be in community in a month and buried. Only OTs too big to move stay on the main page.

Hosam6xavi

Banned
Who said it's not decided? Gamepass discussion goes here. If we miss other threads that belong here make a report so we can check. If it's super huge news of course there can be exceptions
I gived you a thread and it's a discussion thread not big News what is difference between that and report ?

If it's really like what you said that thread would be locked

Anyway it's up to you to decide what best for the forum and the message is received loud and clear

Kagey K

Banned
You can create separate threads for major game releases to Gamepass, and a separate thread for the monthly set of Gamepass releases.
That goes against what DGrayson DGrayson said earlier here.

Na discuss new games. That's clear
Make threads re new games. But if you want to discuss about how xyz game is coming to gamepass (or not coming) discuss it here.

Again false. All battlefield 6 diacussio can have its own thread. Battlefield 6 discussion about gamepass goes here. Simple. It's a games subscription service and all discussion about that service goes here

Again false and I'll stop replying to this stuff eventually. Discussion of GAMES can go in its own thread same as always. Discussion of gamepass as a streaming service and which games are on there go here. Super simple

I don't meant to be rude and I'm serious

If BF6 comes to gamepass why is this huge news? Ya its cool. For those who have gamepass or those who might want it great. Could it deserve a separate thread? I don't see it but to be discussed.

But point is this huge news? It's a game. Will be available to buy stand alone on steam Xbox and ps and is also available on gamepass. Ok.

No a new game that is coming out cool
Discuss it. When the point of the discussion Is that it is coming to gamepass. That discussion goes here.

Kagey K

Banned
Then I'm changing the rules.
Thank you. That was my biggest concern as I said earlier in this thread.
I don't think anyone cares about it for general talk, but for Game announcements (since they apparently aren't going to be allowed) and other such things it's going to be hard to parse. Nobody is going to be able to go through and easily find what's being added when this thread hits a few pages, and the OP isn't going to be updated to make the info it easy to find.

Fredrik

Seen outside. Valve want Gamepass on Steam! 😲
I can’t quite process what that would mean in detail, but anything that helps me avoid Microsoft Store sounds awesome to me. And through that, maybe they can finally get cloud save syncing between Steam and Xbox working!

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Seen outside. Valve want Gamepass on Steam! 😲
I can’t quite process what that would mean in detail, but anything that helps me avoid Microsoft Store sounds awesome to me. And through that, maybe they can finally get cloud save syncing between Steam and Xbox working!
I don’t know if MS would put Gamepass on Steam. It would mean a lot more subscribers, but you aren’t really pulling anyone into your ecosystem.

Fredrik

I don’t know if MS would put Gamepass on Steam. It would mean a lot more subscribers, but you aren’t really pulling anyone into your ecosystem.
Gamepass IS the ecosystem. Or will be eventually. For real, I don’t think Microsoft care where you play the games on their subscription service, they’re just after your subscription money.

tenor.gif

It ISN'T a Microsoft thing, it ISN'T a Sony thing. It was simply a topic that was getting out of control real fast.

Nevermind, I'm not even gonna bother trying to explain to any of y'all anymore. I don't understand how this is being viewed as such a " personal bias" thing. Christ.
Sorry but I disagree.....

When TLOU2 released, we practically had a thread every hour about Abby, the story etc etc. Every day we had an update about its metacritic score and sales numbers. Half of them were ridiculous.

We get umpteen threads about the PS+ games and the collection.

Digital country thread comparisons (surely if anything these comparisons should be in megathread). It really does come across that xbox has finally had some decent momentum for once and the complainers don't like that.

Edit: glad the rules have changed. I'm happy that big announcements can be made in seperate threads.

Last edited:
Now that we have this thread figured out

Game Pass has 100% changed my gaming and spending habits to a point where I never expected it to be. I still end up buying games that I absolutely want to play Day 1 (unless they're Xbox 1st party or otherwise debut on Game Pass obviously), but games that I view as "mid-tier" in my excitement, or games that I can wait, I'll no longer buy them on sale unless it's been a long time without appearing on Game Pass.

Like the fact I got to play games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Rage 2 (prior to Bethesda acquisition), Metro Exodus, Life is Strange Season 2, Undertale, Devil May Cry 5, Guacamelee 2, Dead Rising 4, Planet Coaster, Outriders (day 1), as well as games that were on Game Pass by the time I played them like Nier: Automata, Darksiders 3 Just Cause 4, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Vampyr, Code Vein. That's beyond insane to me, like that's not even including any of the Xbox 1st party games.

It's also been great for indies that I never would've tried (like Untitled Goose Game or My Friend Pedro for instance), or games I could play with my friends who also have Game Pass (Human Fall Flat and Golf with Friends among others).

It still feels feels kind of surreal that the next Elder Scrolls or Halo, or Avowed, or Fable, or any game from every one of their 23 1st party studios (or any future studios they may acquire), I can play for no additional cost. I initially did the 3 year for $1 trick because why not, but at this point even if Game Pass Ultimate increased to $20/month I'd subscribe without a 2nd thought, at least for me (somebody who plays a lot of different games) Game Pass is ridiculous value

iHaunter

I'm personally not a huge fan of Microsoft because I don't like FPS games and their exclusives suck donkey balls. But I gotta hand it to Phil, Game Pass is killing it and I will it will force, Sony, at the very least, to react. They already sort of having with PS+ Collection.

twilo99

Got it for PC last year.. was skeptical at first because I've been using steam for years! Every since I got it I haven't bought a single game on steam. I just can't justify it when there so much content on gamepass.

I did the math, the amount of games I've played since I got game pass would've cost me over $400 if I was to purchase them on Steam, and some of them would've been a waste since I didn't like them all that much.

This is my current list, almost done with ori and doom

CoBBqdV.jpg

edit. that tetris game is an absolute gem

Last edited:
Good lord, ladies and gentle-ladies, can we calm the hell down for a moment? It's absurd to think the mods are banning all discussion of Gamepass outside of this thread, and there's no problem in having a single thread for announcements like when we were getting back-compat drops seemingly every week.

For Christ's sake Politics isn't this pissy.

pr0cs

I just hope this thread is civil, yeah there were too many gamepass posts before but I can't help but think there were so many because they turned into a shit show from the usual suspects explaining why we are all so wrong to like gamepass and how we're destroying the industry.

You can tell this is a shit idea by 6 pages of posts and only approx 2 posts about the games or service themselves. There is an ebb and flow to what fills the front pages, GP has news it's going to be popular. It's the same with SSD, it too had it's time. Just let the community do what it's going to do and ping the outliers. Generalising and the optics of Xbox making moves then being pinned comes off shit.

You can create separate threads for major game releases to Gamepass, and a separate thread for the monthly set of Gamepass releases.

That just makes this thread pointless IMO, and confusing too.

Pantz

Seems like a fine idea to have an official Game Pass thread to encourage posts about it to go here but I'm not sure how restricting threads on specific topics about Game Pass to this thread would work out.

Like https://www.neogaf.com/threads/game...s-a-bad-look-for-sony-forbes-article.1599371/
This thread got 6 pages of discussion but if it was just posted here I can't imagine more than a few posts discussing specifically about their article. Maybe, maybe not, I don't know.

Top Bottom