• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

dcmk7

Banned
April 2021, Xbox is giving away a few free games. You can try out these games if you are an Xbox Live Glod member.

Simply go Xbox store and grab these games and enjoy them for free but you are a member of Xbox Live till last month but not this month then you are not able to enjoy these free games.

Here is the list of those free games you can check and a brief description of the games are also available. Read more: X Box Free Games This month

The games are:

Viking: Wolves of Midgard

European Truck Racing Championship

Dark Void

Hard Corps: Uprising

RAIDEN1

Reports are, Sony are putting together a "counter-punch" to Xbox Game-Pass I wonder what it will give that GamePass doesn't....

Fox Mulder

PlayStation's Xbox Game Pass wouldn't be like Microsoft's

I think that would blow as a response to Gamepass. MS got shit on for TV TV TV.

They just need to rebrand PSNow or something and put more effort in it. I only signed up for the ps3 streaming, but it has other stuff too that can be expanded on.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Guys/Gals, how well/bad are you doing with XCloud? I'm about to get a 200 mbps (down) / 20 mbps (up) connection and want to know if that's gonna be enough at least for 720p gaming.

M16

Guys/Gals, how well/bad are you doing with XCloud? I'm about to get a 200 mbps (down) / 20 mbps (up) connection and want to know if that's gonna be enough at least for 720p gaming.
speed is plenty fast, but whats really important is latency,and this could be affected by your ISP/modem/router/switch.
i have gigabit,and honestly so far with racers and fighting games i feel no input lag at all, it feels local (im sure there is some real latency).

Fox Mulder

streaming is just something you have to try yourself with a free trial or something as people have varied experiences. PSNow works great for me but I haven’t tried xcloud yet.

The games are:

Viking: Wolves of Midgard

European Truck Racing Championship

Dark Void

Hard Corps: Uprising

Normally ill just 'purchase' the free game even if I don't think I'll play it anytime soon.... But those games arnt even worth the click. They may as well get rid of games with gold

Banjo64

cumsessed
Depends, make sure you use Ethernet to your Xbox and make sure the device your using to stream has good wireless capabilities.

Edit - sorry, thought you meant console streaming.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
speed is plenty fast, but whats really important is latency,and this could be affected by your ISP/modem/router/switch.
i have gigabit,and honestly so far with racers and fighting games i feel no input lag at all, it feels local (im sure there is some real latency).
Ok, this is a big statement, thanks.

Depends, make sure you use Ethernet to your Xbox and make sure the device your using to stream has good wireless capabilities.

Edit - sorry, thought you meant console streaming.
It's for PC, I haven't gotten a dedicated GPU yet due to prices and am running my games on a Vega 8 integrated GPU, which is very good for what it is (720p to 900p in some cases at around or well over 30 fps on low/medium/high depending on the game)... I'll have my PC connected to the router directly using cable so no worry on that part.

I still have some games to play so no rushing but I still wanna try some xbox classics, xbox game pass and wanna test my new connection, it also probably is a very good way to overcome GPU unavailability these days... I hope I can at least.

RAL1992

Without skimming through the pages, myself and a friend have picked up the series s, can you do the £1 conversion trick if it's been done before ? (UK) Cheers in advance

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
Without skimming through the pages, myself and a friend have picked up the series s, can you do the £1 conversion trick if it's been done before ? (UK) Cheers in advance
Last time I read about that there should be some time, I think 3 months, after your sub expired and you're good to go.

Kagey K

Banned
Yay, this thread worked. Every positive Xbox thread gets locked and stream of consciousness Playstation threads stay on the front page forever.

I’m sure the 10 threads per week were much more of a nusciance in the long run.

So ducking Fetarded.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I think I must be close to the end of outriders. I'm around level 28 world tier 12. I've not looked into the endgame because I just want to experience it. Imo, it's the perfect gamepass game to sit in between the larger releases. Great fun and everyone should try it. Combat is top tier but the game needs a few patches. Some serious Jank.

Kagey K

Banned
Instantly locked. I get you are mad EL changed the rules, but this is fuxked.

Game Pass is its own platform, not a delivery system as Mods have suggested here.

It deserves to have its own place in the discussion, as PC, Console and Mobile owners can discuss games they all have.

It is a platform, that unites a bunch of players instead of being one that exists to divide them.

Calling it a delivery service, and relegating it to one thread is demeaning to gaming as a whole, while trying to say your version of gaming is right, and everyone else is wrong.

The fact that a few narrow minded people got upset at the idea of Gamepass, and thinks all discussion should be halted around it, should be banned shows just what a revolutionary idea it is.

I would ask the mods look back on this decision and realize they don’t control the gaming community.

ZywyPL

Banned
Instantly locked. I get you are mad EL changed the rules, but this is fuxked.

Game Pass is its own platform, not a delivery system as Mods have suggested here.

It deserves to have its own place in the discussion, as PC, Console and Mobile owners can discuss games they all have.

It is a platform, that unites a bunch of players instead of being one that exists to divide them.

Calling it a delivery service, and relegating it to one thread is demeaning to gaming as a whole, while trying to say your version of gaming is right, and everyone else is wrong.

The fact that a few narrow minded people got upset at the idea of Gamepass, and thinks all discussion should be halted around it, should be banned shows just what a revolutionary idea it is.

I would ask the mods look back on this decision and realize they don’t control the gaming community.

It is a "platform", just like YT, Spotify, Netflix etc., but just like them it's a software-based platform, meaning it does need that end hardware on which it can function, effectively turning it into a service. Especially if the content is different depending in the hardware it's being used on, with different titles available on PC and different titles available on XB consoles, and I don't even know how the offer for xCloud looks, but I wouldn't be surprised if it also offered a different catalog of titles.

93xfan

Banned
I think this thread should be about the merits of Gamepass and general discussion.

But when it comes to major Gamepass news, it should not be limited to this thread. That’s absurd

DavidGzz

I think this thread should be about the merits of Gamepass and general discussion.

But when it comes to major Gamepass news, it should not be limited to this thread. That’s absurd

"EL Edit: Notable announcements can get their own threads. Monthly sets of regular releases can get their own threads. General ongoing talk can go here to cut down on the daily hype wars and bickering threads." <--in the OP

Looks like those threads can still be made, thankfully. I don't plan to check this thread daily so getting a new thread for big announcements so I'll notice will be nice.

93xfan

Banned
"EL Edit: Notable announcements can get their own threads. Monthly sets of regular releases can get their own threads. General ongoing talk can go here to cut down on the daily hype wars and bickering threads." <--in the OP

Looks like those threads can still be made, thankfully. I don't plan to check this thread daily so getting a new thread for big announcements so I'll notice will be nice.

Glad to hear it! Thank you mods!!

Back to the discussion. I really love how GP keeps mere constantly entertained. Even if a new release doesn’t do it for me, there’s always some games I can discover. It really makes the Xbox experience feel so unique.

RAIDEN1

Glad to hear it! Thank you mods!!

Back to the discussion. I really love how GP keeps mere constantly entertained. Even if a new release doesn’t do it for me, there’s always some games I can discover. It really makes the Xbox experience feel so unique.
Yet to check out GTA while I wait for Mass Effect...

I hope it goes to steam. It annoys me how crap the windows app is and lack of modding on is on it.

Whens that isometric shooter coming out?

MadPanda

Banned

Don't know how likely since these would make their way to EA Play in 6 months anyway, but would be huge just the same.
FIFA needs 9 months to come and by that time it's already over. This year it comes out in May when all football leagues finish their seasons and everyone is looking for the next season.

Considering that, it would be huge. Fifa games are the best sellers, number 1 in probably every European market for a long time.

This would be huge and I'd be ecstatic, but I doubt it's true. That's simply too much.

Chessmate

Banned
tenor.gif

It ISN'T a Microsoft thing, it ISN'T a Sony thing. It was simply a topic that was getting out of control real fast.

Nevermind, I'm not even gonna bother trying to explain to any of y'all anymore. I don't understand how this is being viewed as such a " personal bias" thing. Christ.

Nobody wants to post in a general thread with no direction at all. If you want to discuss a specific topic regarding Gamepass here, you'll get one or two answers and the discussion moves on. That's how any form of discussion around Gamepass - the most heated topic in gaming at the moment - will die.

If you mods want to kill the topic on Gaf, that's fine. This is the way to do it. But don't be offended if people start to think you guys are fanboys that don't want to hear positive news about Xbox. Because it very much seems like it. Your actions speak louder than words.

So you really want to discuss something like MLB goes Gamepass here? An industry shaking meltdown? Just let it burn out, locked away in a thread no one even reads?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Nobody wants to post in a general thread with no direction at all. If you want to discuss a specific topic regarding Gamepass here, you'll get one or two answers and the discussion moves on. That's how any form of discussion around Gamepass - the most heated topic in gaming at the moment - will die.

If you mods want to kill the topic on Gaf, that's fine. This is the way to do it. But don't be offended if people start to think you guys are fanboys that don't want to hear positive news about Xbox. Because it very much seems like it. Your actions speak louder than words.

So you really want to discuss something like MLB goes Gamepass here? An industry shaking meltdown? Just let it burn out, locked away in a thread no one even reads?
Hey, alright.

I think you responded to the wrong person? Not sure why you quoted me here.

Chessmate

Banned
Hey, alright.

I think you responded to the wrong person? Not sure why you quoted me here.

Sorry. New here. I was thinking you Gold members are some kind of Elite Sony Stormtroopers under command of the "Gold Dealers", the highest class of Playstation Warriors on this forum that hand out a golden wristband to anybody who pledges allegiance to the common cause. 🤴💂💂💂🧙🦹🦸

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Sorry. New here. I was thinking you Gold members are some kind of Elite Sony Stormtroopers because "Gold Dealers" are the highest class of Playstation Warriors on this forum and hand out a golden wristband to anybody who pledges allegiance to the common cause.
No, not at all, haha.

Also, don't be sorry, it's all good!

Yellow names are just folks that dig and appreciate GAF so much they're willing to chip in once a month with a subscription that comes with some perks. Like a "fancy" yellow name.

There are certainly folks here with biases, unfortunately. Also even worse, straight up fanboys, and they aren't shy about it, lmao. But not everyone with a yellow name is like that. There's no correlation. Just different folks, different views, opinions, etc.

If there APPEARS to be, well, then I'm in the minority that doesn't want to be associated with any of that at all, lmao.

Last edited:

sainraja

I was able to do it a second time but I should say I let my previous subscription lapse before I tried it.

EDIT

Wait, I am forgetting. I was able to get a year conversation (not a 3 year one) but I think that is only because I bought a year of gold off of Amazon. I was able to extend mine via All Access later to about 2 years extra so I kinda paid for it. lol

Last edited:

Chessmate

Banned
No.

Yellow names are just folks that dig and appreciate GAF so much they're willing to chip in once a month with a subscription that comes with some perks. Like a "fancy" yellow name.

There are certainly folks here with biases, unfortunately. Also even worse, straight up fanboys, and they aren't shy about it, lmao. But not everyone with a yellow name is like that. There's no correlation. Just different folks, different views, opinions, etc.

If there APPEARS to be, well, then I'm in the minority that doesn't want to be associated with any of that at all, lmao.

Thanks for clearing things up. I just recently saw Bo Hazem giving a golden wristband to a guy for a lame fanboy routine, so I assumed this was some kind of Playstation army.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Thanks for clearing things up. I just recently saw Bo Hazem giving a golden wristband to a guy for a lame fanboy routine, so I assumed this was some kind of Playstation army.
Very welcome!

Oh really? I guess that missed that, lmao. That's ridiculous.

Chessmate

Banned
One more thought regarding Gaf mods: You guys remember how the mods on Resetera tried to wipe CD Project Red off the face of the earth? They only allowed one general, boring thread for Cyberpunk. With an introduction and rules they wrote themselves. At least they had political reasons. Mods on Gaf are just a bunch of silly fanboys (given their behavior).

Last edited:

NickFire

One more thought regarding Gaf mods: You guys remember how the mods on Resetera tried to wipe CD Project Red off the face of the earth? They only allowed one general, boring thread for Cyberpunk. With an introduction and rules they wrote themselves. At least they had political reasons. Mods on Gaf are just a bunch of silly fanboys (given their behavior).
What topic have you been prevented from commenting on in your quest to turn gaming into a advertisement?

Chessmate

Banned
What topic have you been prevented from commenting on in your quest to turn gaming into a advertisement?

I was banned three times for cracking jokes about Jim Ryan. Totally harmless, silly remarks that didn't offend anybody and were clearly satirical. If I had made the same jokes about Phil Spencer, Bo Hazem would have given me a golden wristband. 🤗

NickFire

I was banned three times for cracking jokes about Jim Ryan. Totally harmless, silly remarks that didn't offend anybody and were clearly satirical. If I had made the same jokes about Phil Spencer, Bo Hazem would have given me a golden wristband. 🤗
So you're ranting about this thread because you were banned for console wars stuff? Weird, but whatever. Anyway, do you have any examples of gamepass discussion that couldn't be discussed because of this thread? Or are you just mad that there aren't sixty threads on page 1 because you own MS stock or something?

Top Bottom