• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox likely to win next gen after PS5 reveal shows Series X is significantly more powerful and doesn't have anti-consumer policies.

Will you buy XSX or PS5 first after the PS5 low power, anti-consumer reveal?

• I will buy Series X first because it has power, games from new studios, and pro-consumer policies

Votes: 138 29.3%
  • I will still buy PS5 first. The anti-consumer policies and low power are not important to me.

Votes: 320 67.9%
  • Voost Kain was right again!!!

Votes: 13 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We already have had many threads showing people here are concerned about Sony's anti-consumer policies, only really looking forward to the PS5 for Sony staples, but that was put into question when MS brought out several studios and increased development efforts on their new console attracting third-parties away from Sony slowly overtime.

Now the news has come out that not only will the PS5 be weaker than the Xbox Series X but it's a landslide victory across the board. Here are the PS5 specs

GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency) GPU Architecture: Custom RDNA 2. Memory/Interface: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit. Memory Bandwith: 448GB/s.

This is horrifying for Sony, they only put out this rushed conference in response to the Series X reveal to try to soften the bad press they would get. But as it turns out they may have grossly miscalculated.

Will you still buy a PS5 first even though it will be significantly weaker and filled with anti-consumer policies like censorship etc?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
AstroTurf-Q.jpg

Kagey K

Banned
Nobody cares about teraflops, nobody. Not a single person is going to the store and buying a console because one has more flops than the other. They buy a console because it has better games, or because that's what their friends play on.
Yeah, that’s why people jumped from 360 to PS4 at the start of the gen, 👌

Short term memories round here.

Sethbacca

In a down economy a cheaper box with more exclusives will likely still come out on top. Then they can do a ps5 pro in a few years while MS has less room to improve on that front.

I mean I wanted more power, but X has nothing I want to play so I'm gonna stick to the 10% slower 20% less expensive box.

JCK75

I'm far more interested in the xbox at this point, but at some point in any generation the price will get to where I have to own them all.

Seems some people are getting paid by 10 teraflops an hour and are jealous of my 12. Tough times with the virus cutting hours, but you can always quit and get a better job at Microsoft.

You know the console with the new studios, and the third-parties, and the games, and the features, and the pro-consumer polices.

Last edited:

fallingdove

We already have had many threads showing people here are concerned about Sony's anti-consumer policies, only really looking forward to the PS5 for Sony staples, but that was put into question when MS brought out several studios and increased development efforts on their new console attracting third-parties away from Sony slowly overtime.

Now the news has come out that not only will the PS5 be weaker than the Xbox Series X but it's a landslide victory across the board. Here are the PS5 specs

GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency) GPU Architecture: Custom RDNA 2. Memory/Interface: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit. Memory Bandwith: 448GB/s.

This is horrifying for Sony, they only put out this rushed conference in response to the Series X reveal to try to soften the bad press they would get. But as it turns out they may have grossly miscalculated.

Will you still buy a PS5 first even though it will be significantly weaker and filled with anti-consumer policies like censorship etc?

You are kind of pathetic Voost. You should take some time and reflect on the decisions you have made to arrive at this point in your life.

If the horses you have bet on in the past are any indication of your accuracy with these predictions, the PS5 should be just fine. How's your Stadia doing?

Handy Fake

I wouldn't go with the "more powerful" schtick just yet. We don't know how their various system architectures interact.

Bankai

Haha gotta love the title of this topic! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

"do you like the red team because their stupid or do you like the blue team because they're so great"

Hahaha keep it up man, this is some quality entertainment right here!

Romulus

Basically 10.2 vs 12.1 means ps5 will spend more time at the lower side of the dynamic resolution to 4k. 95% of people wont even notice. Lol. Less than 2TF difference isn't much when resolution will be the most taxing factor. This is less than Xbox One vs PS4 difference.

Stuart360

Basically 10.2 vs 12.1 means ps5 will spend more time at the lower side of the dynamic resolution to 4k. 95% of people wont even notice. Lol. Less than 2TF difference isn't much when resolution will be the most taxing factor. This is less than Xbox One vs PS4 difference.
The PS5 wont be at 10.2 when anything pushed the machine, even Cerny himself said that. It will be at 9 something most of the time. Plus cpu faster on XSX, ram faster on XSX. PS5 has twice as fast SSD though so 5 secs loading on PS5 will take 10 or 11 secs on XSX. I know this is going to be pushed into a huge thing, as its the only thing to hold onto now, but its literally a few seconds we are talking here.

If PS5 is priced $100+ lower it will sell much more

if priced similarly....
giphy.gif

This. So many fanboys (site creator included) calling others biased over their interpretation of a spec sheet when the most important factor has still yet to be revealed.

History shows us that the most powerful console doesnt always win. In fact, most of the time it doesnt. But in the majority of those cases, there was something else working against those systems. If MS truly has their shit together, gets more exclusives this gen than last, and is priced the same or within $50, it's hard to see how they dont at least eat into Sony's lead substantially this time around.

For all those that dont seem to 'get' that there's a big difference between 10 and 12 TF, well, I dont know what to tell you but you're flat out wrong.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
I'm going with Series X now.

But I have no doubt that the PS5 will still be more popular.

Last edited:

jts

...hate me...
If Xbox is stronger + Gamepass etc I honestly might just give it a chance and reward the effort.

It will come down to price.

Seems some people are getting paid by 10 teraflops an hour and are jealous of my 12. Tough times with the virus cutting hours, but you can always quit and get a better job at Microsoft.

You know the console with the new studios, and the third-parties, and the games, and the features, and the pro-consumer polices.

Holy shit this is pathetic. Why you aren’t banned, I don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom