• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S 2TB pre-order takes No. 1 sales at GameStop

Menitta

What Prime Day bundle did you snag if you don't mind me asking?

1TB console, The Division, Rainbow Six Seige, Forza Horizon 2, a dusk controller, and a $50 gift card to Amazon. The craziest part is that it was the same price as the 500 GB Xbox One S.

There are definitely people who think the S is the Scorpio. Can't do anything but properly inform them of the facts, though.

styl3s

I think more people want a 4k bluray player than you think. It will sell well out the gate, then slow down a bit. This is a much better value than Samsung's $400 offering for a stand alone 4k blu-ray player.
It's gonna be interesting when it comes out and the people who don't have HDR tvs start to complain how too dark those movies are on their tv and calling them shit.

I can't count how many people i have seen online complaining about Vudu's 4k movies and UHD blu-rays and them not understanding anything about HDR10 or dolby vision.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I have it preordered....

Mostly for Gears and Recore.

I'll have Halo 5 to play through.

Dunno what else to get for it as I have a PS4.

Thoughts XBONE GAF?
Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Forza Horizon 3, Red Dead Redemption, Halo MCC, Cuphead, Inside, Ori, Rare Replay are all great games.

Arc

Dummies. This thing will probably be bundled with 5 games and a retailer gift card come November.

SOR5

I have it preordered....

Mostly for Gears and Recore.

I'll have Halo 5 to play through.

Dunno what else to get for it as I have a PS4.

Thoughts XBONE GAF?

On the list of current releases and things to come
Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall, Quantum Break, Killer instinct Phantom Dust Rerelease, Scalebound, Inside, Cuphead, Forza Horizon 3, Halo Wars 2, Dead Rising 4, Superhot, Raiden V, Ori and The Blind Forest, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, Rare Replay, Elite Dangerous, We Happy Few

Those are the ones i'd look at and keep an eye on

RedRum

Banned
Do people really think that the majority of gamers not on a game forum are really that stupid to think that the S is Scorpio? And that is the only reason people are preordering it? Heh.

RedRum

Banned
I'm probably going to trade in my launch Xbox one. But how is transferring the memory going to work with GameStop?

Probably going to have to download your games again. :( If you can, I would find a really cheap drive and put your data on there.

I I had a 4K TV, I would be getting one on launch day. But I'm waiting for more HDR versions to come out and for the prices to drop a bit. I may end up waiting for Scorpio.

This will likely be my UHD player, already have a ps4 and this gives me an excuse to have an xbox around for the odd exclusive that may not show up on Windows 10 in the future. Don't need a scorpio with a gaming PC taking care of most of my general gaming needs nowadays...

xkramz

I feel the same. I would love to be able to quickly switch between my Xbox games and 4K apps due to having all of it on one box but I can wait another year for a box that will be even better.
Wait is there a trade in program or deal ? Trade phat XBO for one S?

Ushay

But the Scorpio killed any chance of success for the X1 S? /s

Seriously though I'm super tempted to trade in my current Xbox for this, but I'd rather play the long game and wait for Scorpio.

cakefoo

Do people really think that the majority of gamers not on a game forum are really that stupid to think that the S is Scorpio? And that is the only reason people are preordering it? Heh.
They're trying to justify the seemingly huge demand for the S. They don't realize the insignificance of online retailer sales rankings. If there truly was next-gen-level demand for the S, preorders would have sold out the day preorders started.

Naming the upcoming monster console Scorpio was on purpose, in order to mislead people when naming the slim S.
They could have gone with other animals with pincers without S easily, like Xbox Crab

Leyasu

Banned
I wonder how many people pre-ordering it only heard half the news and think that this is Scorpio? I wasn't expecting the S to sell for shit since they've already announced its replacement.

That must be it. Quick, bust out out a negative thread or something to make sure that they got the message.

Scrawnton

The only thing that's stopping my preorder is I'm waiting to see the reviews on how loud the fan is for the system. I really want a 4K Blu ray player and this seems like the best one to get; however, I'd hate to trade in my Xbox one and get this new slim and have it be as loud as my PS4.

Cleve

I'll be getting one for 4k br, but I'm not paying the extra price over the 500g model when I already have an external for my current one.

The only thing that's stopping my preorder is I'm waiting to see the reviews on how loud the fan is for the system. I really want a 4K Blu ray player and this seems like the best one to get; however, I'd hate to trade in my Xbox one and get this new slim and have it be as loud as my PS4.
Never thought about waiting for a review of fan noise. Think I'll wait to trade my OG in until I read some reviews as well. This makes sense to me as I love my quiet Xbox One now. I have to double check to make sure it's not on before I go to sleep at night because my son will mistakenly turn it on. My PS4 on the other hand is very loud. Not jet engine loud, but loud enough for me to notice a huge difference between it and my Xbox.

Theonik

I think more people want a 4k bluray player than you think. It will sell well out the gate, then slow down a bit. This is a much better value than Samsung's $400 offering for a stand alone 4k blu-ray player.
For me, whether I'd pick one up as a BD player is entirely dependent on reviews. The original Xbox One was pretty much useless to me as a BD player due to lacking bit-streaming for audio. Dunno if a FW update fixed it.

cakefoo

What's with the promo pic of gears 3 horde? lol
Bloggers are gullible, and will regurgitate anything. I once made an innocent PS3 Slim mockup based on a rumor and a grainy reference pic of an alleged retail box. Someone used it for a fake German Amazon listing and kmart ad, and the major gaming news sites added it to their evidence pile. Even months/years after the official Slim released, random news articles continued to use my mockup as if it was an official stock photo.

Why is this significant?

Of course the brand new model will be at the N.1 spot. This happens every time a new console launches alone

True, though there are probably going to be quite a bit of X1 owners upgrading. Some people will also upgrade cause it looks like its a good product and is a very attractive looking box.

Either way, I hope it continues to do well for them after release I can see the cheaper models helping out with that which they are suppose to provide info this week.

zeelman

Gamestop still hasn't done any trade-in promos for this. All they will give me for my 500gb Xbone is $100. $200 would be nice.

gamz

giphy.gif

Hawk269

After experiencing how dramatically different a 4k movie is with HDR on my new Sony 4k set, I am really looking forward to HDR gaming. Forza Horizon 3 will be the first HDR game, so we have a little wait to find out, but if the improvement in color and such is as impactful as movies in HDR, this is going to be great.

Welfare

The S has been doing really well at Amazon too, but the weekly and monthly charts are taking a very long time to update. It has been hovering around #10 on the hourly's for a while now.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I'm upgrading to the 2TB model. I have a 2TB external already, but, honestly I could use the extra space with how huge game installs are and the increasing number of backwards compatible games. I'm one of those that wants all my games installed so I can play any of them on a whim without waiting for install/patching.

Top Bottom