• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

SleepDoctor

Banned
A new NG would be great. Kinda disappointing how weak the hack and slash genre was this gen.

Its been all about f2p and battle royal games this gen.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
What's up with that render of Chief? Looks worse than the 2019 trailer. Detail on armor gone, orange visor vs deep gold, it has that flat plastic Halo 5 look. Hope it is just a bad render thrown together for the picture and not indicative of the final product.
Edb1KFiXsAAZXU7

3545848-haloinfinite_e319_goforth.jpg

lol what? They’re the same model in very different lighting conditions.

B_Boss

A new NG would be great. Kinda disappointing how weak the hack and slash genre was this gen.

Its been all about f2p and battle royal games this gen.

What I’d kill for is a very well produced and creative 2D/3D hybrid that expands or continues the narrative (and even design, etc) from the NES series which is my favorite, save for the 3rd game of course lol.

SleepDoctor

Banned
What I’d kill for is a very well produced and creative 2D/3D hybrid that expands or continues the narrative (and even design, etc) from the NES series which is my favorite, save for the 3rd game of course lol.

Speaking about 2d. Shinobi also was the the shit back in the day. I really hope this upcoming gen brings back genres that were slept on.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Whats with all these Drew Murray teases ? Wasnt there supposed to be nothing from The Initiative in July 23 ?

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Ok hear me out.

Xbox Series X

Series.

Series of consoles.

No more 4+ years till next console.

Series X (2022 model) with upgraded specs.

Series X (2024 model) upgraded again.

Series.

Series of Consoles.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

(I'm not high, you're high)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Halo Infinite and The Medium are confirmed to have gameplay.
Wondering how much gameplay they can actually show us. It's a shame the show will only take 1 hour. Knowing they have so much to show and that Halo will probably take up 10-15min I'm thinking it might be too much and not detailed enough. Hope the pre-show also gives us new first party studio games (although that's highly unlikely)

Last edited by a moderator:

ZywyPL

Banned
Wondering how much gameplay they can actually show us. It's a shame the show will only take 1 hour. Knowing they have so much to show and that Halo will probably take up 10-15min I'm thinking it might be too much and not detailed enough. Hope the pre-show also gives us new first party studio games

From what I understand Halo will be shown during the pre-show, so that 1h will be left for all the other titles.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
From what I understand Halo will be shown during the pre-show, so that 1h will be left for all the other titles.
Really? That would be weird. It's their biggest game, and more people will watch the actual show compared to the pre-show, so I can't imagine them not giving Halo the full treatment during the biggest show of the year for them.

DrDamn

Wondering how much gameplay they can actually show us. It's a shame the show will only take 1 hour. Knowing they have so much to show and that Halo will probably take up 10-15min I'm thinking it might be too much and not detailed enough. Hope the pre-show also gives us new first party studio games (although that's highly unlikely)

The show will be taken as the be all and end all by detractors but there is plenty of time, and better formats, to reveal more on the games. I don't want deep dives and extended gameplay segments tomorrow. I want to be shown all the games, get excited for them and left wanting to know more. There is only so much you can show in a trailer. Deep dives, mechanics demonstrations etc are better suited to blog posts, dedicated videos and articles in my opinion.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
It's not the same model even. There are some obvious and some subtle differences.
  1. Markings on the cod piece
  2. Shape of the lower arm piece in particular highlights a slightly slimmer, stretched athletic form.
  3. Material and shape of the helmet bits on the cheek bones. On the older render they are recessed, on the newer one puffed out a little.
I wouldn't read anything into the general look of it though, very different lighting and render engine would explain a lot of that.

It’s the exact same model lol

Redlight

I don't need long gameplay sections. I'd be happy with 10 seconds or so (if that) just enough to see what next-gen games actually look like from a gamers perspective. The Sony show had very brief gameplay shots and a lot of 'in-engine' stuff. It gives a flavour, but can be a little misleading.

Last edited:
Top Bottom