• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

splattered

They usually arrive the week before launch. Just cancel your preorder and redo it
I already cancelled my crossfire preorder, is it gonna flag my account or anything if I cancel because of these punch cards? I have passed up a lot of these because I usually just preorder early when I know it's something I really want like this

elliot5

I already cancelled my crossfire preorder, is it gonna flag my account or anything if I cancel because of these punch cards? I have passed up a lot of these because I usually just preorder early when I know it's something I really want like this
no lol. I activated the punch card and cancelled my pre-order I made *after* the punchcard activation because it didnt take my Credit in conjunction with my CC. You're free to cancel at any time and make use of the Rewards system lol. I don't really pre-order, but I would always wait until it gets really close to Launch as USUALLY these bigger titles get a punchcard.

elliot5

I saw this one on twitter but didn't have the time to listen (holy cow, it is 70 min long) so I wondering if it shines any new light on VRS and how it is going to impact the performance of future games?
I listened to it on almost 2x speed lol. Basically it gets improvements of somewhere like 10-15% on the frametimes but can go up to 25-33% in worst (aka best) case scenarios in game. Perceived visual quality always increases as DRS doesn’t kick in and it works better than Checkerboarding. Talked about some techniques to handle HDR tone mapping where you dont need to render as much detail in areas that are blown out in highlights or super dark, which Doom Eternal did to a degree but the presenter had an even better formula to use since that shipped.

The Coalition mentioned how in Alpha Point they saw a 33% increase by using VRS for Nanite draw calls (or somethin) which is optimistic for their future stuff.

With async compute the headroom provided by VRS can be put towards processing other stuff. Basically this can help open up areas like more advanced volumetrics, DOF, particles, lighting, etc. not many titles have shipped with these things in consideration though. Its also important to shave off as much frametime ms as possible to account for 120 fps like in DOOM

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
Can someone help me please.
Are Original Xbox games region free on Series X?
I want a physical copy of Otogi.
I live in Australia.
It's cheaper for me to buy a US NTSC copy.
Will the Series X recognize the disc and install it?

Thank you in advance, I have been looking on Google but couldn't find out about OG Xbox backwards compatible games being region free

Last edited:

elliot5

Can someone help me please.
Are Original Xbox games region free on Series X?
I want a physical copy of Otogi.
I live in Australia.
It's cheaper for me to buy a US NTSC copy.
Will the Series X recognize the disc and install it?

Thank you in advance, I have been looking on Google but couldn't find out about OG Xbox backwards compatible games being region free
From what i can tell they are region locked still

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
TBNV4Nj.gif

silentstorm

Why did i buy Guardians Of The Galaxy!?

Still haven't played it(now Elden Ring stealing time) and it's now going to GP, also Kentucky Route Zero is one i heard good things about.

reksveks

Don't know if the energy saver mode is new but I wasnt on it.

Gerdav

I didn't find any additional settings to energy saving mode and console isn't downloading anything while off.
Same here, I have always chooses to have mine in energy saving anyway, just spend 5 minutes going through every settings menu and found nothing, where did you see this was even a thing as it is not mentioned in the update post etc.

kikkis

Same here, I have always chooses to have mine in energy saving anyway, just spend 5 minutes going through every settings menu and found nothing, where did you see this was even a thing as it is not mentioned in the update post etc.

It was mentioned by that verge guy on Twitter.
Also

Last edited:

Phil genuinely seems to be a decent guy, I've never seen him accept any praise without pointing out the people he works with.

It's too bad though none of these interviews ever ask any meaningful questions when they get such high profile guests on. "Where did you get your gaming start" is such a cliche question. When was he born, what video games would be available when he was growing up?

Ask the man how he handles communication and inter-studio workloads with studios spanning the globe. How will he leverage the massive spike the Xbox brand has had in talent, with studios like id who could greatly benefit how all the internal studios go about building their games. Ask a question only he would know the answer to, instead they gush over him for a few minutes then bsically ask what his favorite ice cream flavor is.

Not sure where to post this, but it’s about gamepass on pc. I saw that Lightning Returns was added and wanted to play it, but it just doesn’t work. The game won’t read inputs from my Xbox controller and hangs on the start up screen. Anyone else download this on PC and try it?

Would love to play this as I never got the chance when it released years ago.

Doncabesa

Phil genuinely seems to be a decent guy, I've never seen him accept any praise without pointing out the people he works with.

It's too bad though none of these interviews ever ask any meaningful questions when they get such high profile guests on. "Where did you get your gaming start" is such a cliche question. When was he born, what video games would be available when he was growing up?

Ask the man how he handles communication and inter-studio workloads with studios spanning the globe. How will he leverage the massive spike the Xbox brand has had in talent, with studios like id who could greatly benefit how all the internal studios go about building their games. Ask a question only he would know the answer to, instead they gush over him for a few minutes then bsically ask what his favorite ice cream flavor is.
That's because this wasn't an interview. He stopped for a quick chat to say congratulations on episode 100 and the site's growth.

Top Bottom