• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Can't be disappointed with December 10th, I'm already worried about juggling Cyberpunk 2077 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla plus an auto-HDR 4k/60fps Titanfall 2 play.

Reminder it comes on Game Pass too.

Is it coming to gamepads on release? Or is it published by bloopers?

It'll be on GP on release, yes

Last edited by a moderator:

Night.Ninja

Banned
Nice trailer but December 10th? What are we left with to play on release day? Gears Tactics and that's it by the looks :(

Are you not playing Cyberpunk

01fabc1fb04e559d8970f72faed7b7dd.gif

Njocky

Banned
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Cyberpunk 2077
AC Valhalla
DIRT 5
The Falconeer
Watch Dogs Legions
COD

Plus Game Pass and EA Play.
Humm. I'm glad I got the PS5 also. the XSX will play the multiplats best, so that's where I will get CyberPunk and one of Valhalla/Legions. Yakuza, will have to see. Not into turn based.
I was imagining myself playing the Ascent, the Medium and Cyberpunk on Nov 12th at some point.
We need date confirmations for Call of the Sea, Crossfire and Bright Memory.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Humm. I'm glad I got the PS5 also. the XSX will play the multiplats best, so that's where I will get CyberPunk and one of Valhalla/Legions. Yakuza, will have to see. Not into turn based.
I was imagining myself playing the Ascent, the Medium and Cyberpunk on Nov 12th at some point.
We need date confirmations for Call of the Sea, Crossfire and Bright Memory.
Bright Memory is supposed to be launch title, Bright Memory Infinite is 2021.

Really like this ad. The PS5 ads were really impressive in telling a small narrative and just showing a cool vision, so I'm glad to see some similar ones for the Series systems.

Like both of their respective long TV ads, but MS's hits harder and feels more epic tbh. They better keep whoever made it in close lock for future adverts xD

I believe Microsoft does all their adverts in-house. They bought aQuantive in 2007 for 6.3 billion dollars. They were a worldwide top 20 ad agency. That's when we started seeing some of the best Xbox ads like the "Jump In" ads, as well as the Halo 3 ad run which were some of the best game ads ever made.

This was a classic:

splattered

I'm not blown away by the new trailer... it's decent i guess. Interesting to see all the positive reactions in comment sections of the videos though so i guess it clicked for people.

I believe Microsoft does all their adverts in-house. They bought aQuantive in 2007 for 6.3 billion dollars. They were a worldwide top 20 ad agency. That's when we started seeing some of the best Xbox ads like the "Jump In" ads, as well as the Halo 3 ad run which were some of the best game ads ever made.

This was a classic:

Something tells me that wasn't the original ad xD.

Thanks for providing that info WRT them doing the adverts internally. That was a very good investment on MS's part seeing what they managed to put out today.

Doncabesa

Our illuminati discord server actually has our own website/youtube channel btw if you didn't know. We're doing a stream with Tomas Sala of the Falconeer tomorrow.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Doncabesa

IGN Messed up and accidentally posted Yakuza Like a Dragon gameplay, deleted it after 10 minutes and I didn't think to save it. Should be up Monday I hope.

unknown.png

Kagey K

Banned
Apologies if already posted, a friend of mine was telling me about this from trying the prologue on Steam this evening, he told me it was a very cool chill out game. Exo One, this trailer says Xbox Series X 2020, not sure if it will be on GP tho.

I don‘t think there has been any Gamepass announcement for it, just that it was coming through the ID@Xbox program.

Looks like a chill game and I’ll buy it if it’s the right price.

Kagey K

Banned
Wonder how much of that 13sec is actual loading and how much is mostly for company logos.
It’s 13 seconds one time according to him. Not that big of a deal.

We still haven’t seen a PS5 game go from dashboard into game and playable yet. Whether from cold boot or resume, yet we have tons of info showing exactly how long until you can expect to playing on XB1.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member

We still haven’t seen a PS5 game go from dashboard into game and playable yet. Whether from cold boot or resume, yet we have tons of info showing exactly how long until you can expect to playing on XB1.
Yeah indeed, but I don't see developers removing all the branding before a game.

It's not like IF Uncharted 5 can load in 2sec, that ND isn't going to be showing the ND logo and then the Sony game studio logo, all for also 7sec probably.

So I was wondering if he needed the full 13sec, or that some of that time is purely for branding.

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah indeed, but I don't see developers removing all the branding before a game.

It's not like IF Uncharted 5 can load in 2sec, that ND isn't going to be showing the ND logo and then the Sony game studio logo, all for also 7sec probably.

So I was wondering if he needed the full 13sec, or that some of that time is purely for branding.
Will have to ask him, I’m not sure how much branding he has behind him.

It could just be one title screen with his name on it.

Orky

Banned

because the ps5 won’t load much faster and probably the same.
But we will see at launch.

Kagey K

Banned
because the ps5 won’t load much faster and probably the same.
But we will see at launch.
Yeah I’m not going to go there yet, but there’s a reason that they haven’t shown a game from the start screen.

It’s always mid game fast travel, Crash Bandicoot is doing that now.

Show us the world booting up.

Top Bottom