• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Xbox players need to get good" - Elden Ring completion rate on Xbox is 1/2 that of Steam and PS

Saber

Gold Member
I don't like the percentage of PS and Steam either. He is tame compared to that Malenia bitch.

Hrk69

Gold Member
Charlie Murphy Laugh GIF

Considering the average completion rate for a video game is 10-20% or whatever, 34% and 38% is quite high and speaks to how committed most ER players are

Also Malenia is a completely optional boss
This is not true, good accessible games will have a higher completion percentage than FromSoft games. For example, GoW 2018 on PS is somewhere between 40-50%.

Saber

Gold Member
Considering the average completion rate for a video game is 10-20% or whatever, 34% and 38% is quite high and speaks to how committed most ER players are

Also Malenia is a completely optional boss

So is Mogh.

This percentage only shows that when the game presents optional things, players tend to choose an easier route.
Elden Ring is alot tamer in comparison with Bloodborne. This only shows people play games terribly, I'm honestly baffled that even with the help of other players, summons and cheese this game still has this percent. This people stand no chance against the DLC, and the DLC has no trophies.

Last edited:

feynoob

Gold Member
I love From Software but Elden Ring is too easy and boring as hell.
I quit after the first castle.
Went back to another Sekiro playthru.
Good game, not a cup of my tea. Bought it, enjoyed first chapter. Wasn't fun as sekiro which made me rage alot.

On other hand, my brother completed the game.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’ve seen stuff online about putting your summon sign down and help people out on release. Do it now so you don’t have to stand there to start the DLC later.

DavidGzz

Well, I bought it on X and Steam to support From Software but only really play it on PC. Sorry, guys. I'm part of the problem.

feynoob

Gold Member
GamePass definitely incentivizes players to move on from games quickly.
Not really. This is one of those cases where percentage doesn't mean that much.

Game sold 25m copies.

If Xbox sold 5m, that means 800k-1m people completed the game. That is more people completed the game, compared to other Xbox games on gamepass.

And now I wonder if the completion data is accurate or not. Because 1m people is alot.

nikolino840

All I took from this post is that you need to beat that stupid ass boss called mogh to play the dlc.

So buy the dlc and beat him. It's not really that big of a deal.
I don't know..I don't want to touch elden ring even with a stick 😂 i hate soulslikes.. (only bc I can't play them,too noob 😂)

Naked Lunch

Quit after Godrick and says it was boring and too easy 🙄
Its more the snooze fest open world design. I cant do it - no thanks.
Im more of an Armored Core From fan anyways - souls is too played out.

And yes - Elden Ring is probably the easiest 'for the masses' From Software game theyve ever developed - this isnt controversial.

You think Sekiro is hard?

lmao. Go play Bloodborne.

Uh...yes? Sekiro is far more difficult and engaging than Elden Ring could ever hope to be. I fell asleep playing ER, no joke.
I blame the open world - cant stand any open world game actually.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Not really. This is one of those cases where percentage doesn't mean that much.

Game sold 25m copies.

If Xbox sold 5m, that means 800k-1m people completed the game. That is more people completed the game, compared to other Xbox games on gamepass.

And now I wonder if the completion data is accurate or not. Because 1m people is alot.
What do you attribute the disparity to then?

feynoob

Gold Member
What do you attribute the disparity to then?
Taste. I bought the game on xbox, but havent played that much.

Its easier to get involved in the hype sector. Did that with hogwart legacy. Havent finished ch1. Its been 1 years since then.

Last edited:

feynoob

Gold Member
Why would taste be different between XBox and PlayStation players?

Top Bottom