• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Xbox players need to get good" - Elden Ring completion rate on Xbox is 1/2 that of Steam and PS

wipeout364

Most of us Core Xbox players are really only there to irritate the PlayStation groupies. We mostly play COD, sign up for subscriptions to everything, buy lots of micro transactions, never finish any games, and cheer on Phil Spencer.

We honestly just do it to get a rise out of the PlayStation crowd, most of us don’t even like video games we are just trolling.

Fredrik

I love the art direction and the open world level design is great. A lot of elements of the combat system were rubbing me the wrong way though, and I'm just getting burned out. Played every souls game and my favorite is still Demon's Souls. I'm sure I'll try ER again some day if I get the urge. I dont think I'm buying future FS stuff day 1 though until they mix it up a bit more.

We do have similar taste on most stuff I think lol.
I enjoyed Demon’s Souls too but never finished it, eventually it became too grindy for me, I ended up just playing small areas over and over killing blue knights to level up and just got bored. Might give it another try when it comes to PC. In general an open map like in ER fits me better, makes grinding less repetitive since I can just wander off and do some small cave to get runes instead of traditional grinding.

StueyDuck

I think the statistic speaks for itself. Elden Ring isn't even on Gamepass so that's not a valid excuse for this completion rate discrepancy.

who gives enough of a fuck to look this type of stuff up.

just play your damn game and get over how others play theirs

Why would taste be different between XBox and PlayStation players?
I assume he means individual taste. Because there’s no overlap between his personal choice to not play much of Elden Ring on Xbox vs what the vast majority have done.

I’ve played 85 hours of Elden Ring on Xbox and have a level 65 character and won’t be able to access the DLC if I don’t make it to Mohg. 🤷‍♂️

From has made the DLC inaccessible to most people who’ve played the game. A shame, but it’ll prolly end up saving me $40 so

Thief1987

I enjoyed Demon’s Souls too but never finished it, eventually it became too grindy for me, I ended up just playing small areas over and over killing blue knights to level up and just got bored. Might give it another try when it comes to PC. In general an open map like in ER fits me better, makes grinding less repetitive since I can just wander off and do some small cave to get runes instead of traditional grinding.
It just because you are casual, no wonder that casual game fits you better. There is absolutely no reason to grind in Demon's Souls.

SirTerry-T

Gold Member
I would love to see some of these hardcore "Git gud/From groupies" put in front of an old Defender arcade cabinet and told to "Git gud" when those hard waves start ..

captainpat

ER’s been out for more than 2 years now and Mohg’s a late game boss. I highly doubt most of the people who haven’t beaten him or are at the level where you’re supposed to face him by now are interested in dropping $40 for late game dlc.

I'm not expecting it, but I wouldn't be shocked to find that you have an option to start with a 120 level character at the start of the DLC, similar to the Witcher 3 expansions.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Most of us Core Xbox players are really only there to irritate the PlayStation groupies. We mostly play COD, sign up for subscriptions to everything, buy lots of micro transactions, never finish any games, and cheer on Phil Spencer.

We honestly just do it to get a rise out of the PlayStation crowd, most of us don’t even like video games we are just trolling.
Spot On Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I love From Software but Elden Ring is too easy and boring as hell.
I quit after the first castle.
Went back to another Sekiro playthru.
I loved Elden Ring but I do agree it's to easy if you're looking for that classic fromsoftware difficulty. I enjoy it for all the other things it brings. I still do think it's hard if you compare it to just traditional games in general. It's just when compared to other fromsoft games it's very easy. Hell moving through some of the levels in general can be tougher than a lot of the bosses because you can just summon your mimic on a boss and it's game over. While moving through the level often doesn't allow you to summon your mimic.

Hestar69

I played on xbox and got almost all the endings! Think I'm 3 or 4 achievements away from the 1000. I'll 1000 it sometime this year and get teh DLC on sale.

MacReady13

I mean, when you train your lapdogs to only play games on a sub service, they will go between games without focusing on 1 and tend to not play for the full duration of a game, so... Yeah!

Top Bottom