• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox showcase was an inexcusable DISASTER and now i rant..

Lmao this showcase was a fxking disaster 😂 Lets be honest. I know in the long run everything will workout and we will see games utilize the power of this thing but the only thing that looked great was avowed(as brief a glimpse as that was). Happy about Fable as well and some of the smaller games looked interesting. But truthfully they blew it in terms of blowing people away with their AAA productions. And if im not mistaken wasnt this supposed to be a first party showcase? How many small studios had their hand in this thing like the crappy previous show? Spencer hyped this thing like no other as well lets not bullshit.

I know this dead horse has been beaten quite a bit here on gaf but with that being said Halo did look like a return to form aesthetically but the graphics were inexcusably current gen proving cynic’s right when they said cross gen WILL hold back next gen. That for sure looks to be the case. Sony’s approach of leaving current gen behind is the right game plan and this show left me no doubt. Not one game looked better than ratchet and clank for christ sake . No offense to ratchet and clank lol.

To me its pure arrogance to believe people have seen enough to buy your surely expensive new box based on whats been shown. Remember theyre not just building these games for the xbox one x its for the og clunkbox too. So now xbox one x and their next gen platform are being held back by the Og clunkbox. Poor decision making that only fans pay for. Ms is doing just fine as we all know.

Now having this system touted as the most powerful(which specs prove it to be) and having their flagship title look like this undercooked held back mess is really disappointing. People who are content with what they saw thats fine. Wanted more Halo and you got it fine. But dont tell me this looked acceptable for a game with a reported half a billion dollar budget. Dont tell me any game showed looked like something that cant be done on a xbox one. Like i said youre content? Fine. Just dont piss on my head and tell me its raining.

And how do they justify not having more trailers ready for their first party studios? Just to excite the audience for christ sake. Doesnt that matter ? Its a showcase for fans, right? To sell a new product to consumers, right? And enough of the narrative they arent concerned with selling boxes with r@d costs, production costs and advertising being what they are. Ms isnt in the business of losing money so please enough with that ridiculous narrative. And the real lack of actual gameplay. What a poor presentation. Seriously. Nothing displayed the power of this machine. What a shame.

Was rooting for Microsoft to outdo sony or match them for the sake of competition. We all win when they compete. But boy ms really is doing things at their own pace and i dont have to be a fan of it just because they print money the way they do. Very disappointed. Hopefully in the months following they redeem themselves but yesterday really felt like a big missed opportunity in terms of winning back mindshare. Obviously that wasn’t their concern. But many people were disappointed and if you ask me that MATTERS. Sorry for the tldr tangent. Moving on...

This is embarrassing to say the least what’s with the insecurity about halo? If you have eyes and you think it looks bad then I’m sure other people will make that determination when the console releases this fall. 😂 I don’t think it’s going to go the way a lot of you are imagining I think halo will do great this fall as will series x because that will be the best place to play multiplats In my opinion. That alone is worth a purchase all this hyperbole Jesus you would think we’ve seen a game from Sony or Nintendo that can’t be done on current gen. Again besides the Rachet ssd stuff what game have we seen that can’t be done on current gen gameplay wise? I’ll wait!

Phil Spencer is untouchable It seems , I think his reign has been garbage in all honesty.

A brand with so much potential and I look at the output, I spent more time on a PlayStation console this generation than I have since the PS1 days. Mattrick gets a lot of shit , this guy gets a lot of good Will and doesn’t deserve it.

Psykodad

Banned
This is embarrassing to say the least what’s with the insecurity about halo? If you have eyes and you think it looks bad then I’m sure other people will make that determination when the console releases this fall. 😂 I don’t think it’s going to go the way a lot of you are imagining I think halo will do great this fall as will series x because that will be the best place to play multiplats In my opinion. That alone is worth a purchase all this hyperbole Jesus you would think we’ve seen a game from Sony or Nintendo that can’t be done on current gen. Again besides the Rachet ssd stuff what game have we seen that can’t be done on current gen gameplay wise? I’ll wait!
Heinrich?
260px-Heinrich_Himmler_as_a_child.jpg

Who said halo wont sell ? Of course it will its freakin halo lol. And I did ! Ratchet and clank lol. Did you see the animation and visual effects present in that gameplay? The amount of on screen activity ? Clearly you dont have an appreciation for those things. And insecurity ? Dude this is a gaming forum. Opinions take place here. Get over it. Dont agree ? Thats perfectly fine😉

Starfield

Not going to read your hyperbole 5 book series rant but I'm glad you found a topic to be so passionate about op 👍

It was ok. Great games got announced. Should have been more gameplay as always but that's to be expected with MS showcases

Who said halo wont sell ? Of course it will its freakin halo lol. And I did ! Ratchet and clank lol. Did you see the animation and visual effects present in that gameplay? The amount of on screen activity ? Clearly you dont have an appreciation for those things. And insecurity ? Dude this is a gaming forum. Opinions take place here. Get over it. Dont agree ? Thats perfectly fine😉
I said besides Rachet in my post.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I have no more energy to go into a thorough critique on the presentation but halo and it were indeed basura. Halo been on a decline, we all know tht.

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Honestly, the system has the power. There were some really promising concepts shown. I think XSX, for my purposes, is a year 2 system.

Mass Shift

Not going to read your hyperbole 5 book series rant but I'm glad you found a topic to be so passionate about op 👍

It was ok. Great games got announced. Should have been more gameplay as always but that's to be expected with MS showcases

This is my one complaint. Just not enough gameplay and not enough developer BTS exposition. If you want gamers to excited about the future then at least let gamers see how excited your devs are about what they're bringing. Don't have much to show? Fine, let them talk about it a bit.

I still say neither showcase from MS or Sony have made the graphical case for their new hardware yet. So obviously we're going to wait to have our minds blown.

Smoke6

I think he’s on to something!

what we’re gears 5 sales?

hell I don’t hear anything about that game at all anymore neither crackdown!

I guess some people can’t see the forest for the trees at all!

halo is not gonna sell well due to game pass and this showing! There’s not even a need to buy the series X after what I just seen, when I can wait til the games that I want to play get closer to release!

Gamernyc78

Banned
Woah. On a gaming forum with an opinion ? Get out ! *mindblown*

Don't mind them bro some ppl just get really turned inside out if you attack what thy love but hypocritically will throw little daggers in other threads about other consoles or games.

But damn we do have alot of threads on this subject. Seems like the consensus is in and the ppl have spoken 😊

Lmao this showcase was a fxking disaster 😂 Lets be honest. I know in the long run everything will workout and we will see games utilize the power of this thing but the only thing that looked great was avowed(as brief a glimpse as that was). Happy about Fable as well and some of the smaller games looked interesting. But truthfully they blew it in terms of blowing people away with their AAA productions. And if im not mistaken wasnt this supposed to be a first party showcase? How many small studios had their hand in this thing like the crappy previous show? Spencer hyped this thing like no other as well lets not bullshit.

uMy5BVr.jpg

Drewpee

Banned

I know this dead horse has been beaten quite a bit here on gaf but with that being said Halo did look like a return to form aesthetically but the graphics were inexcusably current gen proving cynic’s right when they said cross gen WILL hold back next gen. That for sure looks to be the case. Sony’s approach of leaving current gen behind is the right game plan and this show left me no doubt. Not one game looked better than ratchet and clank for christ sake . No offense to ratchet and clank lol.

To me its pure arrogance to believe people have seen enough to buy your surely expensive new box based on whats been shown. Remember theyre not just building these games for the xbox one x its for the og clunkbox too. So now xbox one x and their next gen platform are being held back by the Og clunkbox. Poor decision making that only fans pay for. Ms is doing just fine as we all know.

Now having this system touted as the most powerful(which specs prove it to be) and having their flagship title look like this undercooked held back mess is really disappointing. People who are content with what they saw thats fine. Wanted more Halo and you got it fine. But dont tell me this looked acceptable for a game with a reported half a billion dollar budget. Dont tell me any game showed looked like something that cant be done on a xbox one. Like i said youre content? Fine. Just dont piss on my head and tell me its raining.

And how do they justify not having more trailers ready for their first party studios? Just to excite the audience for christ sake. Doesnt that matter ? Its a showcase for fans, right? To sell a new product to consumers, right? And enough of the narrative they arent concerned with selling boxes with r@d costs, production costs and advertising being what they are. Ms isnt in the business of losing money so please enough with that ridiculous narrative. And the real lack of actual gameplay. What a poor presentation. Seriously. Nothing displayed the power of this machine. What a shame.

Was rooting for Microsoft to outdo sony or match them for the sake of competition. We all win when they compete. But boy ms really is doing things at their own pace and i dont have to be a fan of it just because they print money the way they do. Very disappointed. Hopefully in the months following they redeem themselves but yesterday really felt like a big missed opportunity in terms of winning back mindshare. Obviously that wasn’t their concern. But many people were disappointed and if you ask me that MATTERS. Sorry for the tldr tangent. Moving on...

This is the type of thread that makes Neogaf look bad overall. You are not looking to have an actual conversation about anything. This thread reminds of someone who posts a crazy rant on Facebook. What was the point? Does it make you feel better?

To the other point, it will he almost impossible to win back mindshare at this point. Sony fans are so in their corner that every little misstep by Xbox is made do be the downfall of the console while every mistake by Sont is glossed over and defended so much that it is impossible to have any real criticism of the company out there in a way that is genuine and isn't made into a console war thread.

The world we live in today will make it almost impossible for Xbox to win a significant mindshare from any competitor. we are all stuck in the trenches on everything we do these days and noone is open to a conversation.

Unknown?

I don't think it was terrible but pretty bad when I found out a lot of the games were 2021/22. Rare still hasn't even figured out what their final game will be and others are very early preproduction.

The biggest problem was with their hyping of the event. Phil saying he felt good after Sony's event like he had some ace up his sleeve, then the pure creative freedom comment, and Nadella saying they would have the most launch titles of any console which really brought up expectations. If they hadn't said anything I think their event would have made a better impact.

PaNaMa

Banned
Microsoft wasn't trying to sell you the new Xbox with this show - they are trying to sell you on Game Pass.

MS's message: Game Pass is the best deal in gaming (it is)
MS's Audience: We thought this was about showing games on the Series X (it wasn't)

So poor messaging from Microsoft, or poor judgement in taking the focus off their next gen console. Saying shit will be 'optimized for SeriesX ... (feel free not to buy one )' was kind of a disappointing message to hardcore fans. We expected to see a Series X on a stage being played, Terramopping the floor with our even our wildest expectations.

So MS I think focused on GamePass when gamers, while happy with Game Pass, really wanted them to showcase these games on the new Xbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom