• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Summit 2005

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Izzy said:
Winning Eleven is a timed X360 exclusive, isn't it?

No, it comes out a year after the 360 launches.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Doube D said:
Go ahead. Show me a press release FROM NVIDIA stating that the RSX is an over clocked G70 and ill eat crow right now. :)

Reading comprehension kid, reading comprehension.

Playing the "I'll only believe it if it's a Sony press release" angle, eh? Ignore the articles if you want, you're still wrong.

Oh, and another thing: I didn't say it was only "an overclocked G70", either. Reading comprehension, kid... reading comprehension.

P.S. :)

jimbo said:
That's a moronic statement if I ever heard one. If I was a HUGE fan of those titles and they WERE exclusives for the PS3 than no doubt I wouldn't think twice about getting a PS3 and not even look in the 360's direction. But now that they are announced for the 360, I might consider it especially if it had some other games I liked the PS3 didn't get. THAT is how almost ALL gamers look at things man.

Take off the goggles.

Sigh.

Add up the exclusives and you get a console's marketshare. Yes it is that simple.

The only word that mattered at this, or any other console event, was how many times 'exclusive' was used. Do the math.

golem

was joystiq even there? just sounds like alot of recycled crap... the author doesnt even know that FFXI is already cross platform.. that site sucks.

Rumble Titties 360

index_13.jpg

index_15.jpg

index_27.jpg

Doube D

Chiggs said:
Playing the "I'll only believe it if it's a Sony press release" angle, eh? Ignore the articles if you want, you're still wrong.

Oh, and another thing: I didn't say it was only "an overclocked G70", either. Reading comprehension, kid... reading comprehension.

Umm, first, the reading comprehension wasn't directed at you but perhaps it still applies. Second, EVERY SINGLE (and I MEAN EVERY SINGLE) article you have used to backup your assertion is, you guessed it, ADMITTEDLY NOTHING BUT GUESSWORK by the author. So let me get this right, you expect me to buy your argument based on guesswork? The G70 tapped out months ago. The RSX won't till ~ December. Some 8 months worth of extra work means what to you? The engineers are just sitting on their asses scratching themselves? This argument has been made a billion times in other threads so I won't bother doing it here again. When the white papers and specs are out, then you can open your mouth.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
DCharlie said:
I know you are all a pack of fucking mongs, but where is this :

coming from?!?

Back on page 9 he said
Exactly... JUST LIKE THE PS3! For some reason, you are assuming the PS3 will be more of a success.

Perhaps he meant something different?

Chiggs

Gold Member
Doube D said:
When the white papers and specs are out, then you can open your mouth.

Oh, I will... but how about you? I'm saving up E-Pride points to trade them in for a GAF t-shirt. :D

mutsu

Japanese mindsets are too difficult too understand.

They always prefer local products, and that is one of the main reasons why XBOX just bombed in Japan.

Last time I looked, the only sort of successful foreign product in Japan is the iPod. But even the almighty iPod faces very stiff competition from Sony and other Japanese companies.

So, no matter how much support XBOX360 gets, unless it's all the support in the entire JAPAN to be exclusive, Microsoft is in a very tough battle to win next-gen.

DCharlie

Banned
i think he means that people shouldn't automatically assume that a PS3 victory is a 100% cert. Or that it's going to be easier than ever.

Suikoguy

BTW, I take back what I said about Ridge Racer, it aparently was shown, which means it could very well launch with the system, how much of an impact remains to be seen, but its a true victory for MS in japan. I wonder how sony let that one slip by?

However, winning eleven one year after 360 launches is a joke, why annouce it?

Andy787

Banned
Is there going to be anything else coming out of this show?

If that list is all there is... :/

I just want RR6 media.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Suikoguy said:
BTW, I take back what I said about Ridge Racer, it aparently was shown, which means it could very well launch with the system, how much of an impact remains to be seen, but its a true victory for MS in japan. I wonder how sony let that one slip by?

However, winning eleven one year after 360 launches is a joke, why annouce it?

because it's a fucking game? This isn't an exclusivity or launch line up announcing party.

Andy787 said:
Is there going to be anything else coming out of this show?

If that list is all there is... :/

I just want RR6 media.

Tokyo Extreme racer was just announced for 360. So there might be some more easter eggs

media should be coming soon

Blaster1X

Banned
Kobun Heat said:
My translation (some gaps, I did it fast fast fast.)

1) Idea Factory -- untitled
2) Eidos -- untitled
3) Arc System Works: some kinda battle melee action game
4) Activision: Call of Duty 2, TOny Hawk Amer. Waste, Quake 4, Gun
5) Atari Japan: Test Drive Unlimited
6)Artdink: Take the A Train X
7) SNK: KOF Max. Impact 2
8 EA: FIFA, Need For Speed Most Wanted, NBA Live
9 Capcom, Resi 5, Dead Rising
10: Kids Station, untitled
11: Cavia, untitled
12: Glef (sp?), untitled
13: Genki
14: Koei, Shin Sangoku Musou Special
15: Konami: Winning 11, Rumble Rose XX, Pro Yakyuu Spirits
16: Success -- Operation Darkness, ZOOKEEPER
17: Jaleco: untitled
18: Square Enix: FFXI
19: Spike, untitled
20: Sega: Chrome Hounds (?)
21: Taito; World Air Force
22: THQ Japan, Saints Row, The Outfit
23: D3: (not sure) X, Oneechanbara X
24: Tecmo: DOA4, DOA XVB 2, Project Progressive (action game) DOA Code Cronus
25: Tomy: Zoids
26: Treasure : untitled game
27: Namco -- RR6, Frame City, untitled RPG, LOVE FOOTBALL
28: Hudson - Tengai Makyou ZIRIA
29: Hamster : untitled game
30: Bandai: Z Gundam
31: Banpresto: Super Robot Taisen
32: Vivendi: untitled game
33: From software: EM Enchant Arm
34: Frontier Groove; untitled game
35: MGS: Everyparty (from Game Republic), Ninety Nine Nights, PGR3
36: Marvelous: untitled game
37: Yukes: Wrestle Kingdom
38: Ubisoft: Ghost Recon 3

Ok the Namco RPG has my attention... could it be a Tales game!

jett

D-Member
I can't believe IGN decided to upload Frame City footage first instead of Ridger Racer media. Idiocy get.

Suikoguy

jett said:
I can't believe IGN decided to upload Frame City footage first instead of Ridger Racer media. Idiocy get.

Well, it looked direct feed, perhaps thats the order its being released?
Or perhaps they already had it under NDA?

Suikoguy said:
Well, it looked direct feed, perhaps thats the order its being released?
Or perhaps they already had it under NDA?
let's hope not. Ridge Racer is the only thing that'll get me to buy a 360 at launch considering the current line up.

Suikoguy

Johnny Nighttrain said:
let's hope not. Ridge Racer is the only thing that'll get me to buy a 360 at launch considering the current line up.

Err, I meant released from the publisher to IGN :D

pilonv1

Tokyo Extreme racer was just announced for 360. So there might be some more easter eggs

I was hoping this would be the title when I saw Genki on the list, if this is online (MMOG would be utterly awesome but unlikely) I'll be incredibly happy.

ThirdEye

CVXFREAK said:
Shin Sangoku Musou 4 in Japan = Dynasty Warriors 5 in the US
Eh, sorry for confusion, but my point stands...
So far only the prerendered movie from the PS2 version is up for it, what's special about it remains to be seen, though I don't hope much as it's one of launch titles.

shiny metal cars... looks quite nice.
Xbox 360 seems to be a racing lover's choice. PGR3, Ridge Racer 6, Tokyo Xtreme... now give me a the new Forza, a new Rallisport and the third TOCA race driver and I'll be in heaven :)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Whoa whoa whoa, Tengai Makyo Ziria remake for the 360?? First I've heard about this. If it's true, MS please please please bring this to the US! We need more Tengai Makyo games over here.

Top Bottom