• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Summit 2005

mutsu

Highly doubt Ridge Racer 6 will be exclusive.

But never underestimate Microsoft and their ability to dish out $$$$ to secure TIME EXCLUSIVES to some of these games, RE5, RR6 being strong candidates.

Jonnyram

Suikoguy said:
Thanks Jonnyram for your fantastic reply, I look foward to your next one.
Every single PlayStation (three so far) has launched with an exclusive Ridge Racer game that has, in nearly every case, been the highest selling title that launched with the hardware. 360 launches with Ridge Racer 6 and it's not a big deal? Seriously...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Jonnyram said:
Every single PlayStation (three so far) has launched with an exclusive Ridge Racer game that has, in nearly every case, been the highest selling title that launched with the hardware. 360 launches with Ridge Racer 6 and it's not a big deal? Seriously...

Where on earth does it say launch?
if it was launching, don't you think they would have showed it?

Seriously...

Jonnyram said:

They are here to see what they came in here to see. Sad as ususal...but it makes it easier to point out the bias.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
sangreal said:
Why don't we wait till PS3 announces its amazing exclusive Japanese lineup before we conclude its better than 360's?

Its already been unveiled, and its already far better.

Edit: (Better is a relative term, i'm speaking it terms of popularity to drive sales of consoles and games)

So far I fail to see anything that will actually do anything for Xbox 360 in Japan. I mean sure there is quality, but Xbox is getting no big name exclusives.

RR6 should be sweet though, and it'll be intresting to see how long its exclusive for. It better be online to.

Doube D

sangreal said:
Why don't we wait till PS3 announces its amazing exclusive Japanese lineup before we conclude its better than 360's?

The ps3 doesn't need exclusives in jpn. All it needs is for the competition to NOT have exclusives. That said, Im betting that the MGS series, FF, DQ, Tekken, GTA... will still be kept exclusive to the ps3.

sangreal

Suikoguy said:
Its already been unveiled, and its already far better.

Edit: (Better is a relative term, i'm speaking it terms of popularity to drive sales of consoles and games)

oh? What big exclusives has PS3 named? MGS4 and....

Doube D said:
The ps3 doesn't need exclusives in jpn. All it needs is for the competition to NOT have exclusives. That said, Im betting that the MGS series, FF, DQ, Tekken, GTA... will still be kept exclusive to the ps3.

Maybe, but of those only MGS is announced as exclusive

Jesus...the trolling and general defensiveness is pretty stupid in here. X360 is getting Japanese support that the X1 couldn't even dream of...how what's been announced just now means nothing or is considered nothing special is pretty mind-blowing... Lots and lots of people were going to get this system even without what was just newly revealed...this new stuff helps to strengthen the support behind the system for those and helps to push others on the fence over. It's totally positive for X360. That RR6 and some others haven't been mentioned for PS3 seems pretty interesting to me. Of course, many titles that have been much-talked about for the PS3 haven't been slapped w/ an official stance of exclusivity, either.

For now, things are going well for MS and X360 and to say otherwise is pretty damned suspicious, IMO.

P.S. Thanks to those who have bothered to translate the Japanese texts.

Barnimal

Banned
for the love of god would someone PLEASE release video to shut the impatient morons that arent really interested in 360 anyway up.

Suikoguy

sangreal said:

Maybe, but of those only MGS is announced as exclusive

Thanks for making my point

Doube D

Jonnyram said:

Dude seriously. Talk about comparing apples and oranges. You know what one of the differences is?? Those ps RRs were EXCLUSIVE ;p Point to me where it states that the ps3 will not carry the exact (if not enhanced) game when it launches and ill give you a cookie. ;p But you know what, ill stay out of here for now. Let the xdudes have their fun I say. I'll have mine when the launch numbers drop in from nipon. :D

Suikoguy

Barnimal said:
for the love of god would someone PLEASE release video to shut the impatient morons that arent really interested in 360 anyway up.

I'll be glad to take back a bunch of what i've said assuming that many of these games were shown in video form.
A 50 reservation for an xbox says otherwise regarding my vested interest in the system.

sangreal said:

PS3 has the PLaystation brand backing it. That is all you need in Japan. Let us not forget the automatic support Square Enix is gonna give the console.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
To have versions of RE5 and RR and WE is definite progress for MS. anyone expecting MS to get full exclusives of big franchises was a bit naive, Japanese developers only have to look over to Sega to see how that'll work out, they want to keep MS sweet because they see the 360 as a way of finally getting seeing some growth but PS3 is still gonna be where all their loyal customers are so they'd have to be stupid to drop it.

You can say games like WE wont make people buy 360s, but what you have to remember is that now they wont make people buy PS3s either.

Chiggs

Gold Member
The_Sorrow said:
So far I fail to see anything that will actually do anything for Xbox 360 in Japan. I mean sure there is quality, but Xbox is getting no big name exclusives.

Really? This event has shown me that Microsoft is getting a whole lot of support for their console from Japanese developers. A lot of those games should be appealing to Japanese gamers. Now, the exclusives, on the other hand...

But does anyone really expect Microsoft to win in Japan? It's just nice to see they're not being treated like diseased pieces of shit. They are definitely making progress.

Jonnyram

Doube D said:
Dude seriously. Talk about comparing apples and oranges. You know what one of the differences is?? Those ps RRs were EXCLUSIVE ;p Point to me where it states that the ps3 will not carry the exact (if not enhanced) game when it launches and ill give you a cookie. ;p
It hasn't been announced for the PS3, even though stuff like MGS4 and DMC4 has. I think you're holding out for something that doesn't exist ;)

jimbo

Banned
Doube D said:
Dude seriously. Talk about comparing apples and oranges. You know what one of the differences is?? Those ps RRs were EXCLUSIVE ;p Point to me where it states that the ps3 will not carry the exact (if not enhanced) game when it launches and ill give you a cookie. ;p But you know what, ill stay out of here for now. Let the xdudes have their fun I say. I'll have mine when the launch numbers dorp in from the nipon. :D

Point to me where it does say it and I'll give you two;) Thats some crazy logic there. It might it might not. Right now it's on 360, and it has NOT been announced for the PS3. Will it, will it not? Who the fuck knows and why are we even talking about the PS3 when this is a 360 show?

mutsu

Hey maybe now that PS3 and XBOX360 are getting similar games, SIZE does matter!

With the PS3 being larger than the XBOX360, maybe now Japanese people will finally abandon the PS brand since it does not fit in their living room :p

Seriously, wasn't that one of the main reasons why people didn't buy the XBOX :lol

sangreal

TTP said:
GTA, DMC4 and GT5 :p
I'll give you GT5, but GTA has not been announced as exclusive and as far as I know neither was DMC4. Considering Capcom has come out and said they are focusing on multiplatform you can't automatically count DMC

Suikoguy said:
Thanks for making my point

what?

thorns

Banned
Doube D said:
Dude seriously. Talk about comparing apples and oranges. You know what one of the differences is?? Those ps RRs were EXCLUSIVE ;p Point to me where it states that the ps3 will not carry the exact (if not enhanced) game when it launches and ill give you a cookie. ;p But you know what, ill stay out of here for now. Let the xdudes have their fun I say. I'll have mine when the launch numbers dorp in from the nipon. :D

what the fuck are you doing in this thread seriously? if you're just going to troll get the fuck out.

sangreal

The_Sorrow said:
PS3 has the PLaystation brand backing it. That is all you need in Japan. Let us not forget the automatic support Square Enix is gonna give the console.

So did Nintendo, didn't help them any.

All I'm saying is this PS3 has a better lineup than 360 talk is nonsense. We don't know what will be exclusive for PS3 yet and we don't even know what will be exclusive for 360 yet.

Suikoguy

Ghost said:
To have versions of RE5 and RR and WE is definite progress for MS. anyone expecting MS to get full exclusives of big franchises was a bit naive, Japanese developers only have to look over to Sega to see how that'll work out, they want to keep MS sweet because they see the 360 as a way of finally getting seeing some growth but PS3 is still gonna be where all their loyal customers are so they'd have to be stupid to drop it.

You can say games like WE wont make people buy 360s, but what you have to remember is that now they wont make people buy PS3s either.

I'll agree its progress, but its not enough progress to amount to anything thats going to make a serious difference, so what if the xbox 360 sells double what the xbox did, double of 10 is only 20. Its going to take a lot more to seriously make an impact.

Chiggs said:
Really? This event has shown me that Microsoft is getting a whole lot of support for their console from Japanese developers. A lot of those games should be appealing to Japanese gamers. Now, the exclusives, on the other hand...

But does anyone really expect Microsoft to win in Japan? It's just nice to see they're not being treated like diseased pieces of shit.

Aparently Jonnyram did :lol :lol :lol
... For some reason, you are assuming the PS3 will be more of a success.

To go in a slightly different direction what the hell is up with Sega? They're the only big 3rd party that doesn't seem to have any big franchises announced for either platform right now.

Well if X360was to release on time in Japan and RR6 was to release at/near X360 launch, wouldn't that make it a (timed) exclusive by default?

Since PS3 won't be out till march at the earliest X360 will have RR6 all to itself for months.

Hopefully Namco doesn't pull a Capcom and announce the PS3 version w/ extras just before the X360 release, therefore sabotaging potential X360 sales.

Ghost said:
To have versions of RE5 and RR and WE is definite progress for MS.

There is no such thing as 'progress' in the console market.

It is pass/fail. Either you land exclusives or you don't. Getting ports/multiplatform IP for your console has absolutely no effect on future exclusivity.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Suikoguy said:
I'll agree its progress, but its not enough progress to amount to anything thats going to make a serious difference, so what if the xbox 360 sells double what the xbox did, double of 10 is only 20. Its going to take a lot more to seriously make an impact.

Aparently Jonnyram did :lol :lol :lol

Heh, we'll see I guess. I personally think it will sell quite a bit better than the Xbox did or what you're alluding to, but you could also be right. The way I see it:

Japan: Sony
USA: ?
Europe: ?

Suikoguy

SolidSnakex said:
To go in a slightly different direction what the hell is up with Sega? They're the only big 3rd party that doesn't seem to have any big franchises announced for either platform right now.

Do you really need to ask that question :lol :D

BlackNMild2k1 said:
Well if X360was to release on time in Japan and RR6 was to release at/near X360 launch, wouldn't that make it a (timed) exclusive by default?

Since PS3 won't be out till march at the earliest X360 will have RR6 all to itself for months.

I have yet to see anything indicate it to launch, and so far from what I can tell it was not shown at the show.. which leads me to the conclusion that its not a launch title.

jimbo

Banned
"To go in a slightly different direction what the hell is up with Sega? They're the only big 3rd party that doesn't seem to have any big franchises announced for either platform right now."

At least three more shows this year. I'm sure they're just waiting and there's probably bidding going on from all camps on their big titles.

sangreal

TheInkyVoid said:

It is pass/fail. Either you land exclusives or you don't. Getting ports/multiplatform IP for your console has absolutely no effect on future exclusivity.

A multiplatform title gained is an exclusive lost for the competition.

Doube D

Jonnyram said:
It hasn't been announced for the PS3, even though stuff like MGS4 and DMC4 has. I think you're holding out for something that doesn't exist ;)

So you are saying that every game that hasn't been announced is vapor ware? Gee I wonder what all these companies are doing w/ their time and budgets. I'll tell you what, ill eat crow if it isn't announced, and you do the same if it is? fair? ;p

Suikoguy

Jonnyram said:
Not quite. Revolution will clean up :p

If you were being sarcastic before, please pardon my insult :)

Chiggs said:
Heh, we'll see I guess. I personally think it will sell quite a bit better than the Xbox did or what you're alluding to, but you could also be right. The way I see it:

Japan: Sony
USA: ?
Europe: ?

I read Jonnyram's post as saying he was not sure if sony would come out on top in japan, perhaps I read it wrong.

Edit:
sangreal said:
A multiplatform title gained is an exclusive lost for the competition.

In some ways thats true, however for it to really have an impact, you have to get people to buy your system first.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Doube D said:
So you are saying that every game that hasn't been announced is vapor ware? Gee I wonder what all these companies are doing w/ their time and budgest. I'll tell you what, ill eat crow if it isn't announced, and you do the same if it is? fair? ;p

You actually haven't really eaten crow for the argument you and I got into about the RSX/G70 thing, though. :)

Doube D said:
So you are saying that every game that hasn't been announced is vapor ware? Gee I wonder what all these companies are doing w/ their time and budgest. I'll tell you what, ill eat crow if it isn't announced, and you do the same if it is? fair? ;p

So the Naughty Dog for 360 rumors are true then? Lets all call out vaporware titles, troll boy has given us the go ahead.

jimbo

Banned
TheInkyVoid said:

That's a moronic statement if I ever heard one. If I was a HUGE fan of those titles and they WERE exclusives for the PS3 than no doubt I wouldn't think twice about getting a PS3 and not even look in the 360's direction. But now that they are announced for the 360, I might consider it especially if it had some other games I liked the PS3 didn't get. THAT is how almost ALL gamers look at things man.

Take off the goggles.

Doube D

Chiggs said:
You actually haven't really eaten crow for the argument you and I got into about the RSX/G70 thing, though. :)

Go ahead. Show me a press release FROM NVIDIA stating that the RSX is an over clocked G70 and ill eat crow right now. :)

krypt0nian said:
So the Naughty Dog for 360 rumors are true then? Lets all call out vaporware titles, troll boy has given us the go ahead.

Reading comprehension kid, reading comprehension.

thorns

Banned
I think the biggest point is xbox 360 is getting a large variety of games, even if they're all not big hitting games, they're getting very solid 3rd party support. Xbox never get any of those games. Don't underestimate Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey as well, esp. Blue Dragon could be huge (if good).

Top Bottom