• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Summit 2005

From Gpara:

Quote:
Success announced it as under development of two works of "operation DAKUNESU" and "ZOO KEEPER (tentative name)" on Mon., July 25, 2005 as a game title for the next-generation game machines "Xbox360" of Microsoft.

"Operation DAKUNESU" is the simulation RPG which can enjoy the story which wove the element of a fiction into the historical fact which actually happened. As for 本作, the correspondence to Xbox Live is planned, and elements, such as correspondence to the beautiful graphics and beautiful high-definition television of a next-generation machine no one but, are also stuffed.

"ZOO KEEPER (tentative name)" is the work which used as the base the action puzzle "ZOO KEEPER" put on the market by DS. Three masses of the animal of the same kind are put in order and caught out of the mass of the animal located in a line on the screen, and it erases from the screen. In 本作, new elements, such as an on-line waging-war function in which Xbox Live was used, are prepared.

In addition, this sale time of 2 titles is a schedule in the 2006 fiscal year. Since it is related in detail and announced by the "Xbox summit 2005" of holding today, I will also check the information here

???

cvxfreak

Xbox360 games (some of them):

Call of Duty, Tony Hawk American Wasteland, Quake
SNK: KOF Maximum Impact 2
EA: FIFA 06, NFS: Most Wanted, NBA Live 06,
Capcom: BioHazard 5, Dead Rising
Koei: Dynasty Warriors 5 SPECIAL
Konami: Winning Eleven Series, Rumble Rose XX, Pro Yakyuu Spirits,
Success: ZooKeeper
Square Enix: Final Fantasy XI
Sega: Chrome Hounds (??)
Taito: World Airforce
THQ Japan: Saints Row, The Outfit
Tecmo: DOA4, DOAX2, DOA Code cronus
Tomy: Zoids
Namco: Ridge Racer 6, Frame City, RPG, LOVE FOOTBALL
Bandai: Gundam
Banpresto: Super Robot Taisen
Fron Software: Em Enchant Arm
MGS:?NINETY-NINE NIGHTS(TM)?PGR(R) 3 - PROJECT GOTHAM RACING(R) 3 -
Yukes: Wrestle Kingdom
Ubi Soft: Ghost Recon: Adventure War Fighter

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
CVXFREAK said:

OMFG

*passes out*

My translation (some gaps, I did it fast fast fast.)

1) Idea Factory -- untitled
2) Eidos -- untitled
3) Arc System Works: some kinda battle melee action game
4) Activision: Call of Duty 2, TOny Hawk Amer. Waste, Quake 4, Gun
5) Atari Japan: Test Drive Unlimited
6)Artdink: Take the A Train X
7) SNK: KOF Max. Impact 2
8 EA: FIFA, Need For Speed Most Wanted, NBA Live
9 Capcom, Resi 5, Dead Rising
10: Kids Station, untitled
11: Cavia, untitled
12: Glef (sp?), untitled
13: Genki
14: Koei, Shin Sangoku Musou Special
15: Konami: Winning 11, Rumble Rose XX, Pro Yakyuu Spirits
16: Success -- Operation Darkness, ZOOKEEPER
17: Jaleco: untitled
18: Square Enix: FFXI
19: Spike, untitled
20: Sega: Chrome Hounds (?)
21: Taito; World Air Force
22: THQ Japan, Saints Row, The Outfit
23: D3: (not sure) X, Oneechanbara X
24: Tecmo: DOA4, DOA XVB 2, Project Progressive (action game) DOA Code Cronus
25: Tomy: Zoids
26: Treasure : untitled game
27: Namco -- RR6, Frame City, untitled RPG, LOVE FOOTBALL
28: Hudson - Tengai Makyou ZIRIA
29: Hamster : untitled game
30: Bandai: Z Gundam
31: Banpresto: Super Robot Taisen
32: Vivendi: untitled game
33: From software: EM Enchant Arm
34: Frontier Groove; untitled game
35: MGS: Everyparty (from Game Republic), Ninety Nine Nights, PGR3
36: Marvelous: untitled game
37: Yukes: Wrestle Kingdom
38: Ubisoft: Ghost Recon 3

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
What's so exciting about that list,
its nice and all but nothing groundbreaking. Lots of multiplaform titles (shock) If ridgeracer 6 is exclusive however, i'll be surprised, but as of now.. i'm going to bed

Edit:
One last thing, tons of untitled games on that list.. most of which probably won't exist if the 360 bombs in japan.

FightyF

Banned
Ok...seriously I'm going to bed this time.

And if indeed by morning that I find out that RR6 is confirmed, I'm not going to believe it until I see a screen posted. And when that happens...

...MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THIS FORUM! I'll go so berzerk...I'll make all the Nintendo fans in the Thursdayton thread look like rational level-headed people.

Pimpwerx

CVXFREAK said:

Notables (IMO): KOF, DW5 (can't wait to see how this looks), WE series (big score), RR6, and Tecmo milking them titties to death. :lol The rest of the stuff we kinda knew about, or isn't a big deal IMO. I don't know follow the Japanese scene as close though. I hope they showed most of this stuff at least in trailer form. PEACE.

"Everyparty" is a Live-enabled four-player party game for 360 from Okamoto's Game Republic. Spin the wheel, move your piece, that sorta thing. Board game. Here's the release.

社
岡本吉起氏、Xbox 360(TM)専用タイトル 『エブリパーティ(TM)』で
「遊び」本来のおもしろさをプロデュース

誰もが気軽に楽しめる、すべてのユーザーにフレンドリーなパーティゲーム

マイクロソフト株式会社 (本社:東京都渋谷区)は、本日7月25日に東京都内で開催した
「Xbox(R) Summit 2005」において、Xbox 360(TM)専用ゲームとして岡本吉起氏がプロデュースを務める
パーティゲーム『エブリパーティ(TM)』を発表いたしました。
『エブリパーティ』は、年齢、性別を問わず、すべてのユーザーが気軽に楽しめるというコンセプトのもとに、
数々のヒットゲームを手がけた岡本吉起氏がプロデュースしたタイトルです。キャラクターデザインに、
さくらももこ氏を迎えて、誰もが親しめるタイトルであると同時に、遊び本来のおもしろさを
提供していきます。

エブリパーティ
『エブリパーティ』は手に取ってすぐに簡単操作で遊べるボードゲームタイプのパーティゲームです。家族
みんなで遊んだり、Xbox Live(R)でネットワークを通じて対戦したり、遊び方はいろいろです。ルールは
いたってシンプル。ルーレットを回して出た目の数だけ、コマを進めて一番先に「あがり」についた人が勝ち。
ミニゲームで楽しんだり、行きたいマスに狙いを定めて複数の種類があるルーレットカードで戦略をねったり、
特別な力を持つ「ちからっ子」を味方につけて相手を翻弄したりと、運と駆け引きも存分に楽しめます。

タイトル表記:エブリパーティ(TM)
英語表記:Everyparty(TM)
発売元:マイクロソフト
開発会社:ゲームリパブリック
発売予定日:未定
希望小売価格:未定
ジャンル:パーティゲーム
プレイ人数:1 〜 4 人
Xbox Live:対応 最大 4 人
備考:Dolby Digital(5.1ch) 対応
コピーライト表記:
(C) Momoko Sakura 2005
(C) 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights reserved

DCharlie

Banned
wtf? List looks fine - it has WE for fucksakes.
what do you people want? Personal blow jobs?

this is certainly a step in the right direction - finally getting some GOOD Japanese support.
And if WE is online....

Mrbob

Pimpwerx said:
Notables (IMO): KOF, DW5 (can't wait to see how this looks), WE series (big score), RR6, and Tecmo milking them titties to death. :lol The rest of the stuff we kinda knew about, or isn't a big deal IMO. I don't know follow the Japanese scene as close though. I hope they showed most of this stuff at least in trailer form. PEACE.

Character models better look close to what Koei showed at the Sony summit.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
CVXFREAK said:
One thing's for sure: if the Japanese don't budge, then the Japanese companies are doomed.

Yeah, cause if they continue to support the PS3, which will likely be on top again worldwide, they will be doomed.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Xbox Summit 2005: Ninety Nine Nights Unveiled
Tetsuyo Mizuguchi shows off actual gameplay.

July 24, 2005 - Our over seas correspondent Anoop Gantayat reports that Tetsuyo Mizuguchi showed off the first in-game footage of Ninety Nine Nights at the Xbox Summit in Japan. What was shown resembled a next generation Dynasty Warriors in which players will take on the rolls of many different characters. The video featured a bother and sister named Aspharr and Inphy - we'll confirm the spelling at a later date.

The footage showed hundreds of characters on screen at once and displayed awesome magic spells. There are currently 150 people working on this title and everything shown was running on actual hardware.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/636/636135p1.html

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
New Ninety-nine Nights shot:

32951.jpg

JoDark

MS Viral Marketing
WE! Gundam, RR, RE, Super Robot Wars, a Yukes wrestling game!!!, Dynasty Warriors! Tecmo happiness. Namco RPG, killer list throughout. There are quite a few here that ignored xbox. Nice job.

Where are the VIDEOS!!!! MUST SEE!

Jonnyram

Suikoguy said:
Edit:
One last thing, tons of untitled games on that list.. most of which probably won't exist if the 360 bombs in japan.
Just like the PSP and DS... does it mean more to give it an arbitrary title like "Duck chaser"?

mutsu

Nothing too exciting really in that list...

I highly doubt that any of those big games, like Winning Eleven, Ridge Racer 6, Super Robot Wars, etc etc are exclusive for XBOX360.

I am sure RR6 will come to PS3 too.

So, really, this conference is pointless. The point of this XBOX360 summit is to deliver PS3 killers in Japan, however this has certainly failed to deliver.

Doube D

DCharlie said:
wtf? List looks fine - it has WE for fucksakes.
what do you people want? Personal blow jobs?

this is certainly a step in the right direction - finally getting some GOOD Japanese support.
And if WE is online....

Please. What does the x360 have that the ps3 doesn't? That is what counts in jpn. The jpns couldn't careless if WE goes to the x360, just so long as they can buy it on the ps3 as well. They will just get the superior, err, i mean, the ps3 version. ;p It would mean SOMETHING if MS could score an exclusive on any of these. So far however, it seems that sony has grabbed all the major exclusive franchises (MGS, Teken, and FF/GQ main series).

Suikoguy

Jonnyram said:
Just like the PSP and DS... does it mean more to give it an arbitrary title like "Duck chaser"?

Oh come on, games untitled are games typically in the planning stages, don't tell me many of them won't disapear if the 360 bombs in japan, especially RPGs or genres that typically sell well over there.

Doube D said:
Please. What does the x360 have that the ps3 doesn't? That is what counts in jpn. The jpns couldn't careless if WE goes to the x360, just so long as they can buy it on the ps3 as well. They will just get the superior, err, i mean, the ps3 version. ;p It would mean SOMETHING if MS could score an exclusive on any of these. So far however, it seems that sony has grabbed all the major exclusive franchises (MGS and FF).

Since exclusivity is not known yet...you have no point. Shhhhhh. Go kick an orphan.

Jonnyram

Suikoguy said:
Oh come on, games untitled are games typically in the planning stages, don't tell me many of them won't disapear if the 360 bombs in japan, especially RPGs or genres that typically sell well over there.
Exactly... JUST LIKE THE PS3! For some reason, you are assuming the PS3 will be more of a success.

Doube D said:
Please. What does the x360 have that the ps3 doesn't?
So far? Ridge 6, Ninety Nine Nights, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Plus a bunch of others, but they're the main ones I'm going with.

Pimpwerx

Should wait at least until tomorrow to start trolling this thread. Not all the info is out, and I'm personally happy to see the 360 get some good JP support. WE and RR are a great start. Give 'em a break. PEACE.

Suikoguy

Sholmes said:
No Silent Hill either! Bah!

Like silent hill really matters much anymore?
I think many of the fans quit caring much after 4, sales and ratings have dropped progressivly since 2. Graphics sure are nice though.

and i'd hardly call it damage control, "Whoo! Xbox Gets Ports"
Thats really what this ammounts to, but since the xbox had such piss poor support its seen as good news. But I see nothing that people in japan would buy the Xbox 360 over the PS3. Unless some of these are exclusives, or even timed exclusives, so far it means nothing.

EDIT:

Jonnyram said:
Exactly... JUST LIKE THE PS3! For some reason, you are assuming the PS3 will be more of a success.
P
So far? Ridge 6, Ninety Nine Nights, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Plus a bunch of others, but they're the main ones I'm going with.

WTF!!
Who in the right mind thinks the PS3 won't do better then the Xbox 360?
Especially in japan!
Your outta your mind!

Ninety Nine Nights is the only title that I see has promise anywhere in the first 6 months thats exclusive (A crucial period). The other ones are a far wayyyy off, made by figure heads and unproven developers.

Doube D

krypt0nian said:
Since exclusivity is not known yet...you have no point. Shhhhhh. Go kick an orphan.

What do you mean its not known? If it was exclusive, why not announce it and build hype like sony did w/ MGS?? Like I said, if they are exclusive they are significant, as is, they are nothing and everyone knows that.

The only titles exclusive to the x360 so far are new franchises. Neither WE, RR, nor ANY of the rest have been stated to be exclusive. And again, if they are, why not come out and say it???

Rhindle

Until we know how much of this stuff is exclusive vs. multi, debating the impact of this list is pointless.

It is interesting to note that virtually none of this stuff was mentioned at the Sony event a couple of days ago.

Doube D said:
What do you mean its not known? If it was exclusive, why not announce it and build hype like sony did w/ MGS?? Like I said, if they are exclusive they are significant, as is, they are nothing and everyone knows that.

All the info is in then? Nope......see ya.

Dracos

If we were told that this was the PS3 Japanese lineup, nobody would be excited. Unless RR6, RE5 or WE are exclusives, which we can assume they will not be, this is like an average to decent Playstation lineup. It's great that the 360 isn't being totally overlooked by Japanese developers however. I would imagine that even if the 360 does poorly in Japan that it will still see a ton more multiplatform Japanese support during its lifetime.

Suikoguy

Dracos said:
If we were told that this was the PS3 Japanese lineup, nobody would be excited. Unless RR6, RE5 or WE are exclusives, which we can assume they will not be, this is like an average to decent Playstation lineup. It's great that the 360 isn't being totally overlooked by Japanese developers however. I would imagine that even if the 360 does poorly in Japan that it will still see a ton more multiplatform Japanses support during its lifetime.

Exactly, however will extra hand me downs really help much in the sceme of things?
Especially with better graphics being outta the question

EDIT:

Thanks Jonnyram for your fantastic reply, I look foward to your next one.

thorns

Banned
I would call RR6 exclusive and (if it happens) an next-gen timed exclusive version of WE pretty huge. But whatever. There might be even more exclusives that we don't know about, since the PS3 meeting was last week and most of those games weren't even seen there.

It will be getting previous PS3 exclusive Gundam as well.

BTW DOA games are exclusive as well..

jimbo

Banned
Wow 360 is really scoring some kick ass Japanese games. It already has 4-5 Japanese rpgs announced and it hasn't even launched. Ridge Racers, Resident Evil, and my favorite Winning Eleven too!

Also as far as whether these are exclusives or not, I can almost bet you they'll see at least a time exclusive on Xbox, because for example, RR6 could have been announced at the Sony conference, like Resident Evil was, and it wasn't.

Doube D said:

There is nothing more important than exclusives in the console market.

If a title wasn't announced as exclusive, then it isn't.

Insertia

Wario64 said:

not impressive at all.

Poor lighting, bad textures, tons of repeated characters that are current gen quality.
The DOF looks nice though.

Looks like a current gen title with tons of characters.

Doube D

Dracos said:
If we were told that this was the PS3 Japanese lineup, nobody would be excited. Unless RR6, RE5 or WE are exclusives, which we can assume they will not be, this is like an average to decent Playstation lineup. It's great that the 360 isn't being totally overlooked by Japanese developers however. I would imagine that even if the 360 does poorly in Japan that it will still see a ton more multiplatform Japanese support during its lifetime.

Exactly. The point is this. The jpns will not buy the x360 for ANY of those games if they know they can play them on the ps3 as well (look up resident evil 4 sales in jpn for reference). Now if they are announced as exclusives (and I will eat crow personally if ANY of them are), then that is something.

Top Bottom