• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[XboxEra Podcast] According to Tom Warren, Elder Scrolls VI will launch Day One on PS5 - HIS OPINION

Atrus

Gold Member
Microsoft tried to sell Bing to Apple in 2020 because it wasn’t meeting expectations after spending ofer $100B on it.

With how small of an impact Microsoft Gaming is on the overall Microsoft business, there is likely a similar mindset of ensuring profitability over maintaining XBOX.

Last edited:

jm89

Not farfetched to think if they have started the early work on es6 that the platforms would have been chosen already.

Raven117

A lot is going to change in the industry before then. But, yeah, more than likely that’s coming out on all platforms.

Day and date seems shocking at first till you realize just how already bad console sales are going to plummet even further from this.

Day and date seems shocking at first till you realize just how already bad console sales are going to plummet even further from this.

It's so obviously coming. I think Microsoft already have the whole timeline planned out. That's why Phil spencer said there will be less exclusives as time goes on. He knows what's coming.

AmuroChan

ESVI will likely costs upwards of $500m when you consider the size of the game and what game budgets are already at in 2024. There is no way they're going to make that back just from GP subs. Also, ES is an existing IP with an existing fanbase on PlayStation.

ManaByte

Gold Member
GHM_VOJXkAAsZri

Anchorman GIF

Last edited:
It's so obviously coming. I think Microsoft already have the whole timeline planned out. That's why Phil spencer said there will be less exclusives as time goes on. He knows what's coming.
There was still an opportunity to make them day one on Xbox and release later on Nintendo/Playstation giving a little more value to owning that console. Day and date is just another rung on the bad decision ladder that'll drive down unit sales.

There's no way they can honestly believe Gamepass will be the driving force to keep people locked in for their next system over the other ones that can play an even larger library of games. Hell, we don't even know (and I doubt they do atm) know what shape GP will even be in or on what system by the launch of the next gen. It's clear they're just not giving a damn about their console, so why would anyone else?

Kings Field

Breaking News:

Business makes product and instead of alienating a larger percentage of consumers they decide to make product available to them.

Kings Field

Why didn't this logic apply to Starfield?

The logical reason is that they were trying to draw people to their platform but the game is hot garbage so that didn’t work and I think that was the last ditch effort to win people back.

Now they realize that they can’t compete and never will be able to compete with Sony and Nintendo so they are going to push their games to other consoles to make money, like any other business.

Ronin_7

After Starfield i am surprised people actually care about the next Elder Scrolls.

It'll be more of the usual Bethesda junk.

It was okay and acceptable in 2011 and before, not anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom