• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[XboxEra Podcast] According to Tom Warren, Elder Scrolls VI will launch Day One on PS5 - HIS OPINION

Humdinger

Gold Member
I'm sure the next Elder Scrolls will be multiplatform. I would be shocked if it wasn't. The writing seems on the wall for most Bethesda titles to go multiplat.

GHG

Gold Member
GHM_VOJXkAAsZri

Anchorman GIF

Xbox civil wars are the best civil wars.

Then why bother keeping games like Hellblade 2, Indiana Jones or Avowed exclusives?
Well it would kind of make sense that games with a big multiplatform history would stay multiplatform (Fallout, COD, Elder Scrolls) and niche or brand new games would be exclusive. But i doubt Microsoft even cares anymore to keep all this shit exclusive to sell Xboxes and gamepass subs.

Just fucking bury it, if you’re not going to make the platform the best it can be it’s pointless. Release it all on PlayStation and be done with it.

Unless ES6 takes like 15 years to develop, i very much doubt that. Unless you think MS are lying about next gen Xbox's being in development.
It almost feels like MS aren’t abruptly ending Xbox but they are transitioning with a trickle to being a 3rd party and people won’t even notice once its all done. The door is open.

Last edited:

Stuart360

It almost feels like MS aren’t abruptly ending Xbox but they are transitioning with a trickle to being a 3rd party and people won’t even notice once its all done. The door is open.
Thing is they will all be third party at some point in the future. Sure MS will probably be the first but anyone who thinks we will still be gaming on consoles 30 or 40 years from now, well they are in a dream world. Maybe Nintendo will as they already live in their own dreamworld.

So you have to either believe MS or you dont, and would rather believe clickbaiters throwing out rumours for clicks. MS said they are developing new Xbox consoles, that the hardware is vital to their strategy, that you need hardware for Gamepass etc, and that loads of games are not coming to Playstation (even though i DO think the odd game here and there will come to PS, maybe after a year or so).

This isn't coming out until, sometime around 2028 anyway?

Yeah, safe to assume that it won't be exclusive. But day one? Hard to say, because Satya and his team wants it day one on all platforms, but the Xbox management wants a stopgap/delayed release.

kyussman

Is anyone actually still looking forward to that game given Bethesda's trajectory.....I feel very confident when I say that studios best games are behind them.

Ogbert

Everyone thought this Warren guy was Dildo Baggins and a complete clown.

Now he posts some speculative drivel out his ass and he’s suddenly the Oracle at Delphi.

magnumpy

Thing is they will all be third party at some point in the future. Sure MS will probably be the first but anyone who thinks we will still be gaming on consoles 30 or 40 years from now, well they are in a dream world. Maybe Nintendo will as they already live in their own dreamworld.

anyone who thinks they know what will happen in 30 or 40 years is in a dreamworld. I can say generally that things will be very different from today, but in what way specifically I do not know.

the rise of small handheld gaming devices (steamdeck etc) was a bit unexpected, but here we are. I would have thought that the cell phone would be all that people needed, but gaming on your cell phone is a very poor experience :(

simpatico

I have no hope for TES VI anymore. I fully expect copious procgen sloppa and woke shit like no racial traits. I can guarantee the Imperials are the comic book super villain tier bad guys and there will be little gray area.

Taycan77

Took time out of my day to watch the Tom Warren segment, and my goodness, the level of cope is off the scale. Guys wondering why ported titles don't have Xbox splash screens to direct people to the Xbox ecosystem. Disappointment at Nintendo & Sony not making a big deal about said titles coming to their platforms. Questioning if Microsoft are actually interested in Xbox. A disconnect from reality even after Phil and co explicitly state their intention is to put titles on all platforms. Middle aged guys getting sentimental as Phil makes them feel important, challenging those cold hearted folks at Sony & Nintendo.

There comes a point when you just have to accept reality - one Xbox pillar at a time is falling down.

Credit where it's due, it was the two British guys Skiamikaico and Gaz who where calling out Phil, the way he tries to tread a fine line not to upset diehard Xbox players. But if you read between the lines, (or just look at his track record), we know whats coming down the line.
Starfield is being announced next Wednesday.

When that doesn't happen, they obviously decided to delay the announcement to a future date that is totally still 100% happening.
Why do you guys set yourselves up for a fall? Phil relies on the gullible to keep the Xbox flame burning before s*** really hits the fan. Worse still, there are very likely Bethesda devs at this very moment reading your comments while working on the PS5 Starfield port.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Guys wondering why ported titles don't have Xbox splash screens to direct people to the Xbox ecosystem.

Again that's a lie. Warren is pushing a BS lie for clicks and engagement. He claims they removed the splash screen from Pentiment. Neither the PC or Xbox versions has one.

But to some here he's a flawless prophet; despite making up bullshit like that.

laynelane

Why didn't this logic apply to Starfield?

What's interesting is that the same reasoning was applied to Indian Jones:

The FTC stated that during testimony from Microsoft's Xbox chief financial officer Tim Stuart, he stated that when the company was looking at making Starfield exclusive, the prediction was that it would sell 10 million units of Starfield if it was released for the PlayStation consoles. The same sales number was also given to ZeniMax's upcoming Indiana Jones game.

That reasoning being:

In the end, it was decided to make both Starfield and Indiana Jones Xbox console exclusives. Microsoft felt that it could make up for the loss of any PlayStation unit sales with increases in Xbox Game Pass subscriptions and also with increases in Xbox console sales.

Source.

tronied

Everything he has been doing so far has been clickbait for the verge. He identified how inflammatory this issue is and jumped on the bandwagon. Most sites posted one or two stories. He littered the site with them before and after the podcast with as many unsubstantiated rumours as possible to get clicks. Don't get me wrong, I imagine more games to go multi-platform eventually, however he has shown himself to be a bottom-feeding parasite who is riding the fanboy wave for everything he can get.

Get riled up if you want and stoke the fires for each side, but I personally can't be bothered to waste my time with him.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
If it was coming out like next year, I'd agree, considering how Starfield's gone for them there's absolutely no way they'd subject Elder Scrolls to the same fate.

But considering the game isn't going to be out for probably another 4 years, who knows what the landscape even looks like by then?

drganon

So you have to either believe MS or you dont, and would rather believe clickbaiters throwing out rumours for clicks. MS said they are developing new Xbox consoles, that the hardware is vital to their strategy, that you need hardware for Gamepass etc, and that loads of games are not coming to Playstation (even though i DO think the odd game here and there will come to PS, maybe after a year or so).
K there, nostradamus.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is anyone actually still looking forward to that game given Bethesda's trajectory.....I feel very confident when I say that studios best games are behind them.

Considering I had a blast with Starfield, yes. Absolutely looking forward to ES6. As I am sure 99.9 of the people saying 'is anyone looking forward to it' in this topic are.

But that's just - HIS OPINION - . 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I mean, what are we even talking about here?

Setting aside the fact that Bethesda can't seem to make a good game anymore even if their life depended on it, if they want to actually sell a bunch of copies and make some money back after a decade of development they should probably release it on PS5 as well.

Xbox is releasing games on Playstation. This is not a taboo subject anymore, it's literally happening right now.

Top Bottom