• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed |OT| It's Rey....umm I mean Rex Time!

The wait is killing me lol

kill me now adam sandler GIF
the sandlot killing me smalls GIF

alf717

Rumor is it may drop at 9PM EST. Watch them announce a physical edition afterward. :messenger_dizzy:

I'll still end up buying one anyway.

Rumor is it may drop at 9PM EST. Watch them announce a physical edition afterward. :messenger_dizzy:

I'll still end up buying one anyway.

Dunno if these guys know something we don't but they also say it's 9pm EST. They got a live countdown clock saying it's 2 1/2 hours from the time of this post

Poppyseed

God….this map, collectapedia and monsterpedia system is so much better than the main game. Why didn’t they use this?
Pretty much might as well not have existed in the main game. What's new in the DLC? Also, I can't really remember the nuances of the base game, so... uh... not sure how well I'll do in the DLC anyway. :(

Whoa don't sleep on the "collectapedia"

Unlike the enemypedia where you get upgrade points just for beating the required amount of an enemy type, you gotta into the collectapedia and choose to spend the collected items to fill it out...I just got like 100 AP at once lol

Herr Edgy

God….this map, collectapedia and monsterpedia system is so much better than the main game. Why didn’t they use this?
Haven't downloaded yet.. but to give insight/some ramblings from experience: usually when systems start coming together, it becomes a lot quicker to iterate, especially when systems were written to be flexible.
So if time was spent on underlying architecture, it becomes technically possible to change many mechanics or shuffle around data on the fly (disregarding visual elements); however, as games close in on completion, there generally are so many unknown interdependent variables that changing things is very likely to introduce some bugs in some seemingly unrelated system.
Under time & budget constraints, introducing fundamental changes late to the game (development cycle) becomes quite risky. It can be as simple as some tooltips/tutorials/dialogues explaining/talking about a system that has changed since, that won't break the game, or as complex as game breaking bugs that are hard to fix, because the original code was written with an unspoken assumption, and that unspoken assumption got its foundation ripped out from under it, so it breaks in non-defined manners.
A lot of the time I spend working on Unreal is about fixing issues that were introduced with some new code because some piece of code had made assumptions.
Then based on that piece of code, other code is also written with that new code in mind.... it's layer on layer on layer of assumptions. Change one seemingly innocuous code function to fix a bug and introduce a couple more, that might go undetected for sometimes years.

What I'm saying is: the original Xenoblade systems were designed, more or less loosely, when systems weren't in place yet. Systems get authored based on these ideas and thoughts, with a level of flexibility only known to Monolith Soft. It can be completely inflexible because they knew exactly what they wanted, only to find out maybe the design wasn't so great, and changing the implementation & visuals is not worth it or impossible under constraints.
Then there's also the possibility its architecture is fairly flexibility, but they didn't actually figure out a nice improvement until after the game had launched, due to feedback. These things aren't necessarily obvious until you are done working on them.

That being said, gonna download after work today!

Good session

I made it up to Smackdown Brannigan

Gotta go to work but can't wait for more crazy battles

I’m playing on hard that Moebius boss with two Fornis was kind of tough.

Yeah me too that was hype. Unique monsters are all good fights on hard and some guarding very useful treasure like key that unlocks next part of affinity chart for one character only!

Sometimes I run out of every resource no arts or chain attack and everyone nearly dead but boss nearly dead too and he's about to do an art but suddenly I remember to use A's vision to stay alive slightly longer to get through it lol

Anyone else think Glimmer's art sounds like old Windows operating system crashing? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The character interaction is great!

Glimmer is basically Mythra with Pyra’s look.

Last edited:
I just got to Chapter 4

I have to find a black shard to repair this ether slide that let's me access the story Beat. I'm lost on where to find Black Shards.?

Mister Wolf

So far I like everything about this expansion more than the base game. The affinity system, fusion arts having bonus effects, unity arts, the cast, etc. Wasn't a fan of managing the ouroboros transformations in the base game. Never grew attached to the cast either. Matthew is a much better protagonist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom