• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed |OT| It's Rey....umm I mean Rex Time!

Go_Ly_Dow

giphy.gif

This is incredible :messenger_loudly_crying:

What a triology. Hurry up Monolith, the industry needs more.

-Zelda-

Banned
More Xenoblade icons being added in 5 waves.

I really wish that they would just release all these things as a system update to their icon list, rather than icons that are dependent on you keeping your NSO membership. Unless I am wrong? Do they disappear if you do not renew?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Picked XC3 back up, I’m determined to finish that game. For some reason it’s starting to click more for me. I had dropped it around 35 hours, now I’m around the 60 hour mark.

Just got to chapter 5 and I’m enjoying the story a lot more but man I have questions!

Do they have working penises and vajayjays? Do they make sperms and eggs? Do they masturbate? Don’t they ever experiment with each others private parts? How come Senna has a belly button? Why do the people in the birthing modules have clothes on? Do they grow the clothes as well? Why do they dress so stylishly if they’re not trying to attract a mate?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Picked XC3 back up, I’m determined to finish that game. For some reason it’s starting to click more for me. I had dropped it around 35 hours, now I’m around the 60 hour mark.

Just got to chapter 5 and I’m enjoying the story a lot more but man I have questions!

Do they have working penises and vajayjays? Do they make sperms and eggs? Do they masturbate? Don’t they ever experiment with each others private parts? How come Senna has a belly button? Why do the people in the birthing modules have clothes on? Do they grow the clothes as well? Why do they dress so stylishly if they’re not trying to attract a mate?
When you done finished the game make sure you play Future Redeemed Expansion, especially if you enjoying story for main game.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I swear there are at least 5 villain arcs that end like this;

Party: you murdered dozens of people and tried to commit genocide on this colony, but we’re going to stop you!

- everyone stands there with weapons drawn for 20 minutes while your party has an in-depth discussion of their strategy, gives multiple speeches, maybe a flashback sequence or two

- kick villain’s ass

Villain: you know why I murdered all those people? It’s because I was jealous. Everybody likes you, nobody likes me. You’re good at everything, I suck at everything. I’m just a no good loser.

Party: no, that’s not true! We like you! Don’t die!

- villain dies

Party: noooooooo why did you die after we killed you??! This is horrible!!

sigmaZ

I swear there are at least 5 villain arcs that end like this;

Party: you murdered dozens of people and tried to commit genocide on this colony, but we’re going to stop you!

- everyone stands there with weapons drawn for 20 minutes while your party has an in-depth discussion of their strategy, gives multiple speeches, maybe a flashback sequence or two

- kick villain’s ass

Villain: you know why I murdered all those people? It’s because I was jealous. Everybody likes you, nobody likes me. You’re good at everything, I suck at everything. I’m just a no good loser.

Party: no, that’s not true! We like you! Don’t die!

- villain dies

Party: noooooooo why did you die after we killed you??! This is horrible!!
That's what happens when the writers have the emotional maturity of teenagers

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
That's what happens when the writers have the emotional maturity of teenagers
Yeah… I have such a love/hate relationship with this series. They’d be so, so much better with some competent writing and editing. Although the same can be said of most JRPGs.

Oh well at least this one doesn’t have a child robot sex doll as one of your party members.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
When you done finished the game make sure you play Future Redeemed Expansion, especially if you enjoying story for main game.
My goal was to finish the main game before FF XVI (I’ve played every mainline FF at release starting with VII). I’m at 119 hrs now and pretty sure I’m in the final stretch of chapter 7. Will definitely play Future Redeemed after XVI. It looks awesome

Hudo

Monolith Soft really were one of the best purchases Nintendo ever made.

That being said, Xenoblade X2 for the next Nintendo system, please. The first one was the only mecha game I have enjoyed so far.

UnNamed

Banned
I'm supposed to play Future Redeemed. In theory, because I've brought Switch with me during summer holidays, but I have little time, so I made slow progress.

It's clear FR is the real X3 if Monolith had time to develop the game properly and not TotK. Xeno3 was good but it felt unbalanced sometimes. I'm at 10hours in FR, just unlocked Rex and Shulk, and it already seems way better.

I would have preferred a title not tied to the previous games, all the effort made in Xeno1 and Xeno2 seemed useless. I really don't know why Monolith choose this path.

Stupid idea to spoil the DLC in that way considering the story behind the Founders.

Danjin44

I would have preferred a title not tied to the previous games, all the effort made in Xeno1 and Xeno2 seemed useless. I really don't know why Monolith choose this path.
What do you mean? Xenoblade 3 and Future Redeemed made event of XC1 and 2 even more important.

UnNamed

Banned
What do you mean? Xenoblade 3 and Future Redeemed made event of XC1 and 2 even more important.
IMHO, no.

Xenoblade 2 pretty much ended with all the trinity cores destroyed/gone and the new world as a gift by Klaus.

Xenoblade 1 has a good ending, maybe a bit of uncertainty around Alvis, but it's arc was explained in X2.

I liked the subject around the Endless Now, but they could explain it with a new setting without taking Xeno 1 and 2.

Last edited:

Danjin44

IMHO, no.

Xenoblade 2 pretty much ended with all the trinity cores destroyed/gone and the new world as a gift by Klaus.

Xenoblade 1 has a good ending, maybe a bit of uncertainty around Alvis, but it's arc was explained in X2.

I liked the subject around the Endless Now, but they could explain it with a new setting without taking Xeno 1 and 2.
What? Ignoring the the fact XC1 and XC2 used to be one world, go finish Future Redeemed then come talk to me.

Xenoblade 3 made me love the story of XC1&2 even more, so I highly disagree with you on that.

Go_Ly_Dow

Whenever Monolith reveal and announce a release date for their first Switch 2 game (please be Xeno or a new IP similar to Xeno) thats the buy signal for me to get the console lol.

Hudo

It’s been a minute since I’ve played XC:X… but in my mind it still had better environment and enemy npc graphics than X1-3 on switch…
Yeah. X still has the best world design by Monolith, imho. It's just a shame that the art direction for the character models is... an acquired taste.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
It’s been a minute since I’ve played XC:X… but in my mind it still had better environment and enemy npc graphics than X1-3 on switch…
Also you can run much faster + jump further/higher. Plus you get mechs that transform into cars and eventually can fly. Getting around the environment feels so much better in X than in any of the other Xenoblade games.

Anyway I have a feeling whenever they give us a remaster, they will update the character designs to be closer to XC3/XC remake.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Also you can run much faster + jump further/higher. Plus you get mechs that transform into cars and eventually can fly. Getting around the environment feels so much better in X than in any of the other Xenoblade games.

Anyway I have a feeling whenever they give us a remaster, they will update the character designs to be closer to XC3/XC remake.
They need to update many things, especially the text. Even on Wii U it was very hard to read. Xenoblade 2 and 3 have really big text because of portable mode.

Playing Future Redeemed gave me the itch to go back through the Xenosaga games. I only had one of the trilogy still in my collection, but thankfully it's Xenosaga III, which is the really rare and expensive one. The first two games are much easier to come by, and I picked them up fairly cheap at a local con I went to recently. This will be my first time revisiting XS since I first played it almost 20 years ago, and I suspect that they don't hold up terribly well, but there's only one way to find out. :messenger_grinning: Might do a RTTP topic once I get around to it.

NanaMiku

Playing Future Redeemed gave me the itch to go back through the Xenosaga games. I only had one of the trilogy still in my collection, but thankfully it's Xenosaga III, which is the really rare and expensive one. The first two games are much easier to come by, and I picked them up fairly cheap at a local con I went to recently. This will be my first time revisiting XS since I first played it almost 20 years ago, and I suspect that they don't hold up terribly well, but there's only one way to find out. :messenger_grinning: Might do a RTTP topic once I get around to it.
AFAIK, it's better to play the DS game (too bad it's Japanese only). It retconned the second game. The only English translation available is menu only

Danjin44

I do hope Monolith Soft does decide bring Xenosaga to modern systems like they are doing with Baten Kaitos.

UnNamed

Banned
I hope Baten Kaitos is testing the water for Xenosaga. I also hope they change their mind. Harada previously said that Bamco conducted a survey for Xenosaga port, but the result was bad
Not a survey, a market analysis.
The problem with the Xeno-franchise is it's shattered between Nintendo, SE and BN. A remaster would be easy to do, splitting money is the real problem here.

Shut0wen

Without spoilers, i just started my first playthrough for xc3, just thought the first weird alien thing but was wondering does noah as a character get better? Its weird going from rex that never shuts up to noah that says nothing, so far he seems the worst protagonist

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Without spoilers, i just started my first playthrough for xc3, just thought the first weird alien thing but was wondering does noah as a character get better? Its weird going from rex that never shuts up to noah that says nothing, so far he seems the worst protagonist
TBH I thought the 6 main party members are probably the worst in the series. The hero characters (ones you can use as a 7th party member) are much better at least.

UnNamed

Banned
TBH I thought the 6 main party members are probably the worst in the series. The hero characters (ones you can use as a 7th party member) are much better at least.
Nah, Hero characters are the essence of anime clichés.

Party characters are not that bad, but since the story relies just on the two main characters, the other members have a slim background.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Nah, Hero characters are the essence of anime clichés.

Party characters are not that bad, but since the story relies just on the two main characters, the other members have a slim background.
The whole Xenoblade series is the essence of anime cliches. At least the heroes had a diverse backstory, their own occupations + responsibilities, and each had their own motivations for joining you.

Not like “we spent our whole lives in a boot camp together, and we’re on a mission because of a chance encounter and because we want freedom and justice.” I guess at least 2 of them had interesting backgrounds, but aside from that it felt like they were a bunch of cardboard cutouts just reacting to stuff.

NanaMiku

Not a survey, a market analysis.
The problem with the Xeno-franchise is it's shattered between Nintendo, SE and BN. A remaster would be easy to do, splitting money is the real problem here.
I wish Nintendo would spend some money to buy the IP from SE dan Bamco.

even though it's smaller scale, Granzella able to bought Disaster Report from irem when they left irem.

Top Bottom