• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Creator Toshihiro Nagoshi Say’s Nintendo Hardware is For Kids and Teens

SirTerry-T

I liked Toshihoro V 1.0 better.

UcZvDzs.jpg

All those Monkey Ball royalty cheques probably made him popular with the ladies (and tanning salons)

MrFunSocks

Banned
Wasn't Astro's Playroom one of the raved about games on here from the PS5 launch? Everyone carrying on about how amazing it is? How it's better than even the latest Mario game?

Is Astro's Playroom all of a sudden a mature adult game?

Come on SonyGAF, you're making yourself look even worse than usual.

He’s not wrong. Nintendo has often been associated as a platform and console for families and children. It’s been his way for years.
Families include adults.

Last edited:

odhiex

I found nothing that insulting from the quote, because it's true.

"I think even now the Nintendo platform is still a game console that is played by a wide range of age groups, but basically, I think it’s hardware for kids and teens. Amid all that, at that time, Nintendo was also putting a lot of effort into the kids market, and I thought it would suit." - Nagoshi

Nintendo platforms are suitable for all ages, but their core audience are kids and teenagers. Of course, Nintendo has plenty of titles for adults too.

I am sure that companies such as Sony and Microsoft also wanted to expand their portfolios to kids and families. They already have plenty of kids and family-oriented games too. However, their kids and families market aren't as strong as Nintendo's.

Last edited:

Fbh

He is not wrong.

Nintendo consoles are like a good PG animated movie. It's mainly aimed at kids but also perfectly enjoyable by people from all ages.

nordique

Nintendo consoles for babies, kids, teens
PlayStation consoles for freshly balding
Xbox consoles for those with herniated discs and geriatric people

that’s the gradient right?

Nintendo is incredibly relaxed when it comes to games like this. If they tried this on the Playstation California would have already sunken into the ocean by "literally shaking" Sony employees.

Nintendo has become incredibly too relaxed on quality curation this generation as well. Twenty new Switch games a week, 19 of which are straight up trash, makes shopping on the eShop a complete mess.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
They're leaving a lot of money on the table for Nintendo, by being such idiots.

Nintendo plays a very important role serving that early market. As a console gamer I'm thankful they do that so well. Specially in the age of smartphones, cloud and subscription rentals from the giants (fuck them).

GreyHorace

Is that you, brap brap ? Is this me?

His name is Bob Chipman aka Moviebob. He's a big Nintendo fanboy sperg and lolcow. He even wrote a terrible book on Super Mario Bros. 3 that he interspersed with details of his life.

18145442._UY400_SS400_.jpg

If you want to know how terrible he is, read up on this link:

Blond

Banned
Can't wait for the meltdown from this particular Nintendo tard:

892669.jpg

For the record, I like Nintendo as a company and their games.

I'm friends with a dude like this and the fact he's a 41 year old virgin who doesn't get why any woman with half a brain doesn't want a guy who still lives with his parents doesn't surprise me. I mean don't get me wrong, I love Nintendo and their games but I can't imagine why as a 31 year old mean I want to be seen carrying around a neon brick.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'm friends with a dude like this and the fact he's a 41 year old virgin who doesn't get why any woman with half a brain doesn't want a guy who still lives with his parents doesn't surprise me. I mean don't get me wrong, I love Nintendo and their games but I can't imagine why as a 31 year old mean I want to be seen carrying around a neon brick.
Sounds like you are a no life retard putting "friends" down to feel better about your shitty self on freaking gaming forums, lol, good one. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you are that, take your finger off the report button, I'm just saying what you present yourself as on here right now!

By the way, it comes in other colors like plain grey, it doesn't require taking it outside just as many/most people don't take their generic tablets outside and there's no gaming device out there that's a chick magnet so you need a personality. Also I don't have a Switch, PC gaming ftw :)

Last edited:

Brigandier

Can see why people think this when Nintendo never even try to create cutting edge/powerful hardware, Nintendo hardware is literally my Xenoblade console these days.

Hydroxy

I don't have any problem with Nintendo hardware. Usually their hardware are innovative and bring something new to the table. The problem is I don't like first party Nintendo games. I don't like Pokémon or Mario or those kind of games. I loved my Nintendo DS coz it had some really cool second and third party games. I never bought 3DS coz it didn't seem to have the same quality of games as DS and neither the Wii U or Switch have those kind of games. Its their software that is disappointing not the hardware.

Blond

Banned
Sounds like you are a no life retard putting "friends" down to feel better about your shitty self on freaking gaming forums, lol, good one. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you are that, take your finger off the report button, I'm just saying what you present yourself as on here right now!

By the way, it comes in other colors like plain grey, it doesn't require taking it outside just as many/most people don't take their generic tablets outside and there's no gaming device out there that's a chick magnet so you need a personality. Also I don't have a Switch, PC gaming ftw :)

I don't put him down, I've actively tried to make him understand how smart he is to not be doing the jobs he's doing. He could be doing six figures easy, and I've even tried to get him on the path but he just doesn't want too.

e&e

Banned
Is this really what you guys are arguing about or is this a troll thread? The OP is being sarcastic with that statement right, I can’t tell...

MagnesG

Banned
He's just not willing to port Yakuza series to the Switch, he's having this hate boner since the Yakuza 1&2 port Nintendo had been begging bombed on WiiU. Can't fault him much when that happens, but Switch is already a wildly different console, a much more successful console at that.

Yakuza would have no problem selling well on Switch ironically.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
He's just not willing to port Yakuza series to the Switch, he's having this hate boner since the Yakuza 1&2 port Nintendo had been begging bombed on WiiU. Can't fault him much when that happens, but Switch is already a wildly different console, a much more successful console at that.

Yakuza would have no problem selling well on Switch ironically.
Yakuza 1 & 2 wouldn't sell on any system, heck, those games didn't even sell well in the West back then (which is why the series didn't take off here and we often worried we wouldn't even get the sequels translated at all until recently), never mind now that sequels/remakes advanced the formula.

Yakuza an "adult" game says that fanboy on that site lol, it's teen heaven with all the softcore content, kinda like GTA but gravure model boobies instead of violence being the catch, ratings be damned.

Dude should stop pretending he's a yakuza boss cos he made some money by its success and tried to buy a new persona for himself, as juvenile as the softcore content in the games.

Maybe he's just so pissed cos he wanted Kiryu in Smash Bros and it didn't happen (and now pretends he doesn't want Kiryu to guest in any fighting games) :p

Not like he treated PC much better, took ages for the series to get here and even after great sales we're missing most of the games. Derp.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Pc and xbox are for suave alpha masculine men with biceps larger than the curves of a PS5. Nintendo is for babies who wear diapers, and Playstation is for fat nerds and women who arent cool enough to own an Xbox.

TLZ

Banned
It’s true though.

Not in a demeaning way but simply put it’s their target market.

You don’t go watching on a normal cartoon channel to look for Adult Swim content.

As an adult, I can still very much enjoy cartoon catered to kids and teens.
Exactly this. But some insecure people take it the wrong way and must RAAAAAGGGEEE :messenger_fire::messenger_fire:

Top Bottom