• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youtuber 'The Completionist' accused of running a fake charity

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Jirard finally completing the YouTuber career! Congrats to the Completionist on his final entry.

I'm pretty sure he still needs to unlock Prison Bitch.

Happy New Girl GIF by HULU

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I couldnt find but there was a "yes its a trans genocide" stickied thread that got a chuckle out of me.

I'm too lazy to cap it, but it was a first page of "wtf omg no," "notlikethis," etc followed by a cross examination on Muta and the other guy, leading to some guy who didn't natively speak English starting a 3 page derail because he claimed the guy breaking the story misgendered someone on a previous video, time stamped and all.

It was like a thread made by a bunch of assholes here parodying a super exaggerated portrayal of Era. Except it's just legit undiluted Era.

MiguelItUp

ROFLMAO, the Era thread is required reading. I'm legit El oh elling.
It's... something alright. I only went to take a gander after someone mentioned the "neo-nazi" thing so I was curious. I knew I made a huge mistake doing so rather quickly, lol.

There were multiple posts in the thread from a person saying "Fuck Karl Jobst because he misgendered a woman on a video" when after multiple people pointed out that the accuser was incorrect, lmao. They eventually apologized. But there were several posts where they were SO sure about it, accused Karl, and ran with it. Only to find out that they were incorrect the whole time, lol.

Edit: Hahaha, mentioning the same thing. I'm never going there again, I'm not falling for bait, it's an awful place, lol.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

I'm too lazy to cap it, but it was a first page of "wtf omg no," "notlikethis," etc followed by a cross examination on Muta and the other guy, leading to some guy who didn't natively speak English starting a 3 page derail because he claimed the guy breaking the story misgendered someone on a previous video, time stamped and all.

It was like a thread made by a bunch of assholes here parodying a super exaggerated portrayal of Era. Except it's just legit undiluted Era.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

Fuck I need to find this

DrFigs

I don't understand the end game here. why not just donate the money somewhere? I thought the scam with charities was that the employees paid themselves large wages - not that the money just doesn't go anywhere?

Last edited:

Sgt.Asher

I don't understand the end game here. why not just donate the money somewhere? I thought the scam with charities was that the employees paid themselves large wages - not that the money just doesn't go anywhere?
Skim off the top (more than 100k taken already) and earn interest up to 30k a year.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
LOL.

Never donate to any grifty kind of site or person. Hell, even donating to a big charity company can be shifty. There's sites that would even show how much of a ratio of payouts the popular charities donate vs paying for employees and CEOs who can make a million dollars salary. Put it this way gents, from what I remember there's charities hat donate like 2% of the funds. The rest is salary or kept by the owner.
I agree with this. I read how Doctors without Borders money is being funneled toward migrant ships that bring them to Europe and such. Not sure how true that is, but I heard similar for other CHARITIES.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
You don’t want to donate knowing where the money is going to, it has to get to the right donator. What’s it going to take for people to learn? Get past the scams and keep the good donations going you cannot allow fake scams to ruin it for everyone.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

the force awakens GIF by Star Wars

There's a Resetera threasd on this and they're accusiong him of being a Neo-Nazi lol
"The REAL problem is that he was friends with Jontron, how about we talk about that"
"Don't trust Jobst, he once misgendered someone, piece of shit"

Yup, that's their reaction to a rare case of real journalism in gaming. Sad and braindead, but expected.

Last edited:

Senua

LOL.

People who donate to charities on the internwebs kind of deserve to get robbed I am sorry.

You are an idiot to believe a random person or an organization in the first place.

I have never believed in giving donations to anyone or anything in this world. You need money? Go work for it and stop being a lazy cunt. When I was growing up and was poor as shit no one gave me or my family anything either, so everyone else can go get fucked. Neither did we ever begged for money. Now, I live a better life than most people.

I hate lazy ass scumbags, eat shit and continue to rot please.
Interested GIF by reactionseditor

poodaddy

LOL.

People who donate to charities on the internwebs kind of deserve to get robbed I am sorry.

You are an idiot to believe a random person or an organization in the first place.

I have never believed in giving donations to anyone or anything in this world. You need money? Go work for it and stop being a lazy cunt. When I was growing up and was poor as shit no one gave me or my family anything either, so everyone else can go get fucked. Neither did we ever begged for money. Now, I live a better life than most people.

You've come off as a terrible human being, a bully, and a corrupt business owner in several other threads, so this new low of your's doesn't surprise me. It's always people like you, you fit the stereotype perfectly. "Nobody gave me anything, I worked for everything I have and you can too", people who retort this shit are so narrow minded and, at this point, cliche.

I find hard leaning liberals and hard leaning conservatives so exhausting, it's like you guys don't realize that life has nuance man. What's hilarious is that I guarantee you hate the purple haired weirdos as much as the rest of us do, but you don't realize how much you have in common with them; you're just the other side of the crazy coin.

I know you're banned, but I also know you're still seeing this, you can't help yourself.

Astray

Gold Member
Does the money even exist at this point? They certainly claim it does but is there any proof?
From what I've seen, it does, but for whatever reason, the money hasn't been donated yet.

Not sure what their issue is, but I don't think this is a case with a clear-cut conclusion. Maybe in time we will find out more.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
LOL.

cm punk wwe GIF

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I agree with this. I read how Doctors without Borders money is being funneled toward migrant ships that bring them to Europe and such. Not sure how true that is, but I heard similar for other CHARITIES.
I’m not hoping it happens, but if anything similar were to come out about Games Done Quick, the gaming world would get a rockin’ and a rollin’. That event raised MILLIONS.

diffusionx

Gold Member
From what I've seen, it does, but for whatever reason, the money hasn't been donated yet.

Not sure what their issue is, but I don't think this is a case with a clear-cut conclusion. Maybe in time we will find out more.
it seems pretty cut and dry to me. Now if the money doesnt exist and they are lying on tax forms, that is a federal crime and someone should/will be going to jail.

Top Bottom