• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 FIFA Confederations Cup | OT | 17 June – 2 July 2017 | Putin on a show

I don't get what's the purpose of the VAR if they're going to fuck up so bad as today. Seriously, what a bunch of incompetent dickheads are the ones in front of those screens.

Despite of that, interesting match. Chile is suffering of the same of the late games, we create a shit ton of chances but barely score 1 or 2 goals.

We really need Sánchez asap!!!!

zroid

Banned
Imagine this in a World Cup finals. The salt would be immense.

Yes... although in fairness there's always been plenty of salt over contentious calls even without the VAR. But the teams aren't used to this yet, players are going to get booked due to excessive protests eventually. :lol

Mesousa

Banned
Why???

We ask for better refs and now you're saying that they can't use technology to aid them.... Hope your country isn't robbed in the WC.

Because its going to kill goals.

Being able to trick the refs by splitting the trap a millisecond to where they cant tell is part of the game. I am not mad though because Cameroon was robbed of a goal too.

clemenx

Banned
Yeah I have to agree there. A 1mm offside impossible for the human eye to see isn't sonmething "unfair". It just feels shitty to overrule based on that.

I don't get what's the purpose of the VAR if they're going to fuck up so bad as today. Seriously, what a bunch of incompetent dickheads are the ones in front of those screens.

Despite of that, interesting match. Chile is suffering of the same of the late games, we create a shit ton of chances but barely score 1 or 2 goals.

We really need Sánchez asap!!!!

It was clearly offside. What do you want them to do? Ignore it?

Some of you are being so ridiculous. The whole point of technology is to make things MORE precise. The goal line technology and offside review do that.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
V8SYQhj.jpg

zroid

Banned
The only problem I have with offside reviews in soccer is they they're inherently unbalanced. GLT can add or subtract goals, but offside reviews only subtract them.

This is what happens when you listen to people who don't even like, if not right out hate, the sport.

So many people around the world looking forward to destroy football just to get into a higher horse.

Smh.

Telemundo commentator are the saltiest of all, jaja.

I agree with them, keep the "technology" to spectacle sports, and leave football alone.

(I'm salty because technology saved that sorry excuse for a coach we have).

LeonSPBR

Being able to trick the refs by splitting the trap a millisecond to where they cant tell is part of the game. I am not mad though because Cameroon was robbed of a goal too.

No it won't. If a team needs this kind of shit to win, then they won't get very far.

I want games to be honest, and if video helps with that, then I'm all for it.

If Chile doesn't score soon, I'm sensing a goal from Cameroon and that's it. If with a 0-0 they're a defensive team, I can't imagine how hard they're going to park the bus with a 1-0 in their favor.

I'm as progressive as a leftist person can be (don't know how to put that), but when it comes to Football, I'm set in the old ways, thank you very much *insert smug arms-crossing emoji here*
In the old ways, there were no substitutes allowed and if a player was injured, the team would have to play with one less player.
There was also no penalties and a tie would be decided by coin toss.

I thought they got the offside wrong in the first replay, but on third viewing they showed why it was right.

Stuff like this is only going to be viable if you can show everyone in the ground quickly why the decision was made.

In other news the football on display today has been atrocious.

It's offside. There is no tolerance in the law, if it's by 1mm or 1 m. Great decision and an example of how this will improve the game.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
What am I reading in this thread? Are people so biased that they are complaining about a goal not being wrongly allowed? That the law was correctly applied?

What am I reading in this thread? Are people so biased that they are complaining about a goal not being wrongly allowed? That the law was correctly applied?

There was one earlier on which was a worse decision that should've gone to VAR and didn't, and I think in the game before there was a terrible decision too.

moai

I think i now agree with people that say that videoref will kill football. Its stupid to celebrate two minutes later. Leave this for rugby.

Robaperas

Waiting for the decision makes it weirdly thrilling, I like it. Good game from Chile, they still need to score from all those chances they create.

Beefy

It doesn't have to go. You do realise shit takes time to get right?

Top Bottom